Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mondeo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Saw a few parked outside Ford's place in Cork last week. The colour makes a huge difference to them, that colour doesn't do it a lot of justice. It does look like a face-lift of the current car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I actually think the estate Noccy Mondy posted the picture off looks nice myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well,
    Thats one off my shopping list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Passat wins the beauty contest I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tippman1 wrote: »
    Passat wins the beauty contest I think.

Er, Mazda6 has that one sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Question:

Does anyone else think the US-spec (Fusion) looks nicer than our Euro spec Mondeo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Sobanek wrote: »
    Question:

Does anyone else think the US-spec (Fusion) looks nicer than our Euro spec Mondeo?

Are they not the same due to Ford's Global look :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Er, Mazda6 has that one sorted

+1 much prefer mazda to fords

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The Passat's which have been doing the rounds to the dealers were all fitted with the optional 19" wheels, so not a fair comparison to a Mondeo on standard 17" wheels (which is all the Passat Highline gets as standard).

Mondeo Titanium on the 19" Option doesn't look so bad in comparison.

Will be interesting to see what the Passat drives like, as it has a lot to live up to in comparison to the new Mondeo. Very comfy seats and handled more or less everything that was thrown at it with aplomb. Got a bit unsettled by what's essentially a large speed bump on the Sally Gap (just a hump in the road, but no markings to warn when you are approaching at speed), but handled the rest of the road incredibly well - much better than I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It will be interesting to see how this new vignale spec will pan out. Looked a step up from the standard specs. Not sure if that will even be an option here, but if it is it's certain they'll be few and far between. Has more bling anyway, and I like the quilted leather.

6ykxhx.png

10o476h.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would like to see one in the flesh, but going by our standards here we won't have any nice models for sale. Will have to wait a few years before even considering of getting one 2nd hand

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The problem with the Vignale model is that it will probably cost well upwards of €40k here. That's massive money to be spending on a Mondeo that traditionally depreciates alot. Also mid to high €40k is now mid size exec territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Even the Vignale interior looks cheap.
    If you do big mileage which the majority of Passat/Mondeo drivers do the Passat looks a far nicer place to sit.

Was at the dealer again today getting my lock nuts sorted, so I had time to kill. Luckily the car was still there, and even more to my surprise it was unlocked. Got a great look inside, and it really surprised me. Lovely finish, has to be seen to be appreciated, doesn't look cheap or tacky. The centre column really divides the passenger from the driver. Will get a few pics up in a while. One thing I noted though is that the cabin space is a decent bit less than the MK4, that's what I found anyway, but I think Ford reckon it's actually a bit bigger.

nlpxes.png

2ldyp9w.png

28utc3c.png

4u84eb.png

qxlx5h.png

n3uozt.png

nffc49.png

rh6g78.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Was at the dealer again today getting my lock nuts sorted, so I had time to kill. Luckily the car was still there, and even more to my surprise it was unlocked. Got a great look inside, and it really surprised me. Lovely finish, has to be seen to be appreciated, doesn't look cheap or tacky. The centre column really divides the passenger from the driver. Will get a few pics up in a while. One thing I noted though is that the cabin space is a decent bit less than the MK4, that's what I found anyway, but I think Ford reckon it's actually a bit bigger.

Seen your pics - the interior doesn't look bad at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Where's the car adapter / aux-in socket located, does anyone know?

Where's the car adapter / aux-in socket located, does anyone know?

I'd take a stab at the glovebox, as it is in the mk4. Didn't see any visible one there.

I actually saw this car in the flesh today,
    Not a bad looking car at all, Nice lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

vectra wrote: »

3d9.png

• Advertisement

Where did you see her vectra?

Where did you see her vectra?

Fermoy,

Salesman from Cavanaghs driving it.

Fermoy,

Salesman from Cavanaghs driving it.

Oh ya? Was in Griffith's in Claremorris when I seen it. Seems to be doing the rounds. There was a toilet seat lid in the back of it when I went for a nose....

Oh ya? Was in Griffith's in Claremorris when I seen it. Seems to be doing the rounds. There was a toilet seat lid in the back of it when I went for a nose....

LOL

I didn't see into it like that.
    I only had a passing look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

There was a toilet seat lid in the back of it when I went for a nose....

Standard in the Titanium perhaps?

tippman1 wrote:
    Standard in the Titanium perhaps?

It's an optional extra. :P

what was the model you were looking at Noccy?

She was a 2.0 Titanium auto 150bhp.

Not bad - must go for a spin when I'm off next week to see if i can spot one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks fairly spartan inside for a Titanium imo. Leather/alcantara seats seem to be no longer standard.

Advertisement