Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Defibs are pointless now.Nobody revives and why should they? there's no incentive for them to.People/ (idiots) complained about the medic trains in bf3 but at least there was a 100 point incentive for newbies to revive.

Now it just takes a stupid amount of time to get them out only to be awarded with 20 points before you get shot to sh*t along with the lad you just revived because it took over 20 seconds more to perform the revive than in BF3.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You kill the four lads with machine guns who just cut me in half, and then I'll accept the revive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Defibs are pointless now.Nobody revives and why should they? there's no incentive for them to.People/ (idiots) complained about the medic trains in bf3 but at least there was a 100 point incentive for newbies to revive.

Now it just takes a stupid amount of time to get them out only to be awarded with 20 points before you get shot to sh*t along with the lad you just revived because it took over 20 seconds more to perform the revive than in BF3.:confused:

Plus when you are revived you have only 20 health so the medic has to drop a health pack as well. Its a slow process, I try to revive especially on Operation Locker but I wont do it if I'll get killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Ok things that need to be nerfed are the mobile
    Aa guns being able to shoot you down in half a second and also the repair torches repair speed in helicopters I spent half an hour last night firing stingers at the same chopper how realistic is that in real life if you fired that many rockets at something it would be absolutely brown bread !

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Add attack boats to that list, serious firepower and extremely well armoured. Takes more C4 to destroy one than it does a tank !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dcully wrote: »
    You should check out world of tanks on twitch tv.

But you play on console dont you? unfair to compare yourself to PC controls.
    `
    Yeah I am console... what do you mean by this? :D Do you mean that when I see what they do I am more amazed cos I would find it so hard on a controller whereas it might be easier on for a PC player to understand?

=> this is far better like this, slows the game down a little and makes it more tactical. In BF3 you could run in, shoot, get revived, die, shoot, revive, grenade, etc... It was childish and plain right stupid.

Back to the Matimi0, Xfactor, JackFrags, LvlCap chat I am amazed that people think these are average or just above average. For example, I would regularly top the board (okay only 24 on the board on PS3) but my stats are nowhere nears theirs so if they are average, I am really crap, so what the hell are those below me like on the board?

Kinda doesn't make sense.

(for the record I dont think I am great or anything, I would say I am average, can be brilliant, can be poor)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    `
    Do you mean that when I see what they do I am more amazed cos I would find it so hard on a controller whereas it might be easier on for a PC player to understand?

Yes, I think that's what he means. A lot of these players' kills are twitch kills, which (I'd imagine - no personal experience) are almost impossible to do with a controller.

Yes, I think that's what he means. A lot of these players' kills are twitch kills, which (I'd imagine - no personal experience) are almost impossible to do with a controller.

Fair enough, thanks.

Incidentally is there any YouTuber who is console only? Maybe there will be now that we are moving into 64 player space

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Ok things that need to be nerfed are the mobile
    Aa guns being able to shoot you down in half a second and also the repair torches repair speed in helicopters I spent half an hour last night firing stingers at the same chopper how realistic is that in real life if you fired that many rockets at something it would be absolutely brown bread !

You can shoot the guy repairing, its pretty easy. Also as a squad you can drop a chopper easy. This is a team game, you are not meant to be able to go mono a mono with a tank, boat, chopper, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

You can shoot the guy repairing, its pretty easy. Also as a squad you can drop a chopper easy. This is a team game, you are not meant to be able to go mono a mono with a tank, boat, chopper, etc.
    Playing peek-a-boom with a tank while on foot is great fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Have to say well done to DICE, after the latest console patch I've now had more freezes in one day than in the 12 day pre patch. Again, well done lads.

There has been no console client patch yet... Everything is SERVER side which will not fix the issues seen. Word on the street is that the consoles are getting a patch next Thurs/Fri for the release of the X1.

I played about 8 maps last night on the 360 and 2 crashed, I got 4 in a row without a crash which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

logik wrote: »
    There has been no console client patch yet... Everything is SERVER side which will not fix the issues seen. Word on the street is that the consoles are getting a patch next Thurs/Fri for the release of the X1.

I played about 8 maps last night on the 360 and 2 crashed, I got 4 in a row without a crash which was great.

Ah yeah, you're right, just venting some frustration :)
    Seems better this morning, but the last two days have been unplayable with disconnects, lag and atrocious hit detection.
    Think console patches have to be vetted by sony/microsoft so I don't think dice have any say is when they're actually released unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As engineer, I will fecking shove my ratchet up to next Tank/BTR drivers arse and take it out out of their mouth if they will just drive away, while I repair then and trying to keep them alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

As engineer, I will fecking shove my ratchet up to next Tank/BTR drivers arse and take it out out of their mouth if they will just drive away, while I repair then and trying to keep them alive.

this happens constantly. Very frustrating. Or people driving past you after you asked to me picked up.

Ah yeah, you're right, just venting some frustration :)
    Seems better this morning, but the last two days have been unplayable with disconnects, lag and atrocious hit detection.
    Think console patches have to be vetted by sony/microsoft so I don't think dice have any say is when they're actually released unfortunately.

Oh I hear ya mate. Its a shambles of a game so far. Been playing today and not had a crash yet but will have to wait and see how long that lasts.

Fingers crossed we get the console patch this week.

Yeah. Playing a game that's designed to be played as a team but without any teamwork or comms. Apparently there is a me in team if you're just ass-backward and messed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Add attack boats to that list, serious firepower and extremely well armoured. Takes more C4 to destroy one than it does a tank !

Javelins best weapon I have found against them. RPG's will kill the guys on the miniguns but javelins work quite well for mobility kills and destruction. Especially if you get another squad-mate to help you. Though since you cant squad up in the main menu (which DICE should really fix since it is a squad based shooter) this makes it hard.

Also if you happen to be in an LAV, TOW missiles and Zuni rockets also work a treat.

They did some much talk about levelution or however its spelled, they forgot all the small things.
    Setting up a squad from the main menu gone
    server browser filter system is fooked
    Every time i spawn in a tank i freeze
    Certain maps -freeze
    Domination points for capturing flags are a joke
    Queuing for games is gone and you cant even look to see who's the server or the map rotation.
    The jets hud is tiny,you cant even see the altitude meter
    Rubber banding constantly even though when i switch to BF3 its perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They did some much talk about levelution or however its spelled, they forgot all the small things.
    Setting up a squad from the main menu gone
    server browser filter system is fooked
    Every time i spawn in a tank i freeze
    Certain maps -freeze
    Domination points for capturing flags are a joke
    Queuing for games is gone and you cant even look to see who's the server or the map rotation.
    The jets hud is tiny,you cant even see the altitude meter
    Rubber banding constantly even though when i switch to BF3 its perfect.

Im never freezing or anything I think I'm blessed :D Obviously the squadding up in the main menu is a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

need to set squad join in game settings for the drop zone to work.

Some things you can try for the 360 and PS3 versions of the game to stop the freezing.

1) Install both discs to the HD
    2) Go into the HD and delete the save game files for single player

I did this yesterday and I have played maybe 14 maps today with zero crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

what operation locker looks like at times haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Stealth jets are pointless and have the killing power of a small kitten :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Amazon lost my order so I still havent got a copy but I played over at my mates gaff last night. What's the story with not being able to see who is on your team until you actually aim at them? No player names or team symbols appeared over player heads until I was just about to shoot at them.

This is in hardcore by the way, but it was the same with the demo. Is this a bug or a new feature? Terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

chompdown wrote: »
    Amazon lost my order so I still havent got a copy but I played over at my mates gaff last night. What's the story with not being able to see who is on your team until you actually aim at them? No player names or team symbols appeared over player heads until I was just about to shoot at them.

This is in hardcore by the way, but it was the same with the demo. Is this a bug or a new feature? Terrible!

Feature for Hardcore.

Lancam Dam.
    AA tank camps in the spawn or at E.
    Nobody can even take off in a helo.
    Wonderful map design. FFS...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Worst map in the game, AA camping is bull**** on that map

Sparks wrote: »
    Lancam Dam.
    AA tank camps in the spawn or at E.