Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Sale. How fast?

• 20-12-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

So what was the quickest car sale you ever made?
    What make, model, year and when did you sell it?

I advertised a Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual 1998 on adverts today. Car was gone in about 4 hours. Quickest sale i have had. Price was a keen one, but the same car was on adverts for months this year at the price I sold (€750). I bought it for €500. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Mine was about 45mins to an hour. was a 01 Audi tdi 130bhp on donedeal :) sold for 3000 had it up for 3450 :) i got it as a straight swap for a bzr levin :)

Had on the add first to see will buy lol that one worked for once !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My wife's 02 Corrolla T-Spirit. Less than 2hrs after being on DD it was gone and full asking price was paid. Could have sold that car ten times over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I put my astra up on 7pm Friday and it was sold and collected by 9 am Saturday morning first too see did buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

The guy I bought mine off didn't even have to advertise it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I've never had to advertise a car I sold. Donedeal must hate me.
    The quickest sale was probably 2 hours, I bought a Gtv at 8 o clock and sold it at 10. I'd bought it as a donor, but it drove so well so I sold it to someone I knew that was on the lookout for a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Fastest one I ever had was a guy came knocking on my door asking me to sell my 2010 vRS octy.
    I told him it would be 12 months before I was selling it and we agreed a price, He came backa few months before the date to give me a deposit and finished the sale when agreed,

Never advertised so very fast sale.

I had the same back in 2000 with my 1992 Opel Vectra 2.0.
    Stuck a for sale sign on both rear side windows, drove to the shop, a guy followed me home and bought it there and then as he know the car. LOL

Similar scene with my 2002 Nissan Primera,
    Buddy approached me in 2005 asking if I was selling it, I told him I would at a price,
    Gave him my price and he left and returned first thing next morning with his Mother as it was she was looking for a car.
    She bought it there and then and still has it to this day and going strong.

Hope this run continues. LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I advertised my TDCI Focus at 6pm on Sunday on Donedeal and got a phone call within 5 minutes and he agreed a price.

He came the following morning at 11am handed over the cash, WITHOUT EVEN TEST DRIVING IT OR OPENING THE BONNET!!!

Luckily the car was perfect and as described but regardless I would never buy a car without a test drive however genuine the guy might seem!

Advertisement