Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

quick question on google play

• 22-12-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to buy some apps for my son for his phone but don't want to have my credit card registered to his account in case of any accidental purchases.

For my daughter's ipod I can buy itunes vouchers in Tesco but I cant see if there is an equivalent for google play?

What is the easiest way to get the apps for me?

Thanks
    Molly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

molly111 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to buy some apps for my son for his phone but don't want to have my credit card registered to his account in case of any accidental purchases.

For my daughter's ipod I can buy itunes vouchers in Tesco but I cant see if there is an equivalent for google play?

What is the easiest way to get the apps for me?

Thanks
    Molly
    With 3 you can use your credit to purchase apps (must be on mobile data not wifi) might be an option to pick up a 3 sim if you don't already have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You can set a password on the Play Store to limit purchases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Add it to the account, buy the Apps then remove it or set it up whereby it asks for a password every time you make a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭molly111

He is with 3 so might buy him €10 credit and then he can buy what he wants - perfect.

Thanks for your answers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

molly111 wrote: »
    He is with 3 so might buy him €10 credit and then he can buy what he wants - perfect.

Thanks for your answers
    First glace I read that as "He is 3" :P
    Remember there's a 15 minute no questions asked refund window that he can use if he changes his mind and usually if you go over this and you contact the developer they will be more than happy to refund you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement