Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

License Granted

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Got a grant notice letter this morning for a Hammerli .22 pistol. Handed in the application May 21st. Was expecting a much longer wait.

Happy days !

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Congrats.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PDAhunter

Sent my license away on 25 may so hopefully it should come soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

PDAhunter wrote: »
    Sent my license away on 25 may so hopefully it should come soon

Best of luck. Hope you get a reply and a good result soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

nice one, enjoy.

im still waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Sub for my pistol only took 10 days to arrive at my front door from handing it in, IT IS ALL down to the willingness and efficency of a decent FAO who knows what they are about and understands firearms and the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Sub for my pistol only took 10 days to arrive at my front door from handing it in, IT IS ALL down to the willingness and efficency of a decent FAO who knows what they are about and understands firearms and the law.

My FAO has been very good in dealing with all my FAC but really he decides notting.. he only puts it up on the system and makes sure it's all correct..
    All I can say for now is I wish my local Chief Super and Superindent was as good as him in dealing with FACs..
    Would save me the cost of two court cases...

I didn't hand my application into a designated FAO just to a Guard on a front desk. (which i was told to do) He went over it and said all is fine.

The grant notice letter was signed off by an Inspector, I thought they were usually signed off by a super.

Best of luck to anyone in the midst of it. Pain to be waiting.

Good Luck !

P.S. is it superintendent to chief super to inspector ? Don't know the ranking system !

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Heckler wrote: »
    The grant notice letter was signed off by an Inspector, I thought they were usually signed off by a super.

I've noticed a good few Superintendent posts are being filled by Inspectors. I think it's supposed to be a temporary measure, but I suspect it's a cost cutting exercise since a Superintendent gets paid more than an Inspector.

Unlike most of the other rank changes, there's a noticeable bump in pay from Inspector to Super, so I guess it's in their best interest to hold off on promoting them as long as possible.
    Heckler wrote: »
    P.S. is it superintendent to chief super to inspector ? Don't know the ranking system !

Garda
    Sergeant
    Inspector
    Superintendent - in charge of a district (e.g. "Mallow")
    Chief Superintendent - in charge of a division (e.g. "Cork North")
    Assistant Commissioner - in charge of a region (e.g. "Southern")
    Deputy Commissioner
    Commissioner

Paid the licence fee on tuesday morning. Got the actual licence in the post this morning. Very happy with the speed all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Heckler, congrats on your licence,
    could you tell me what model of Hammerli you bought, and what you think of it, looking at the Xesse myself IPSC or sports models

• Advertisement

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Heckler, congrats on your licence,
    could you tell me what model of Hammerli you bought, and what you think of it, looking at the Xesse myself IPSC or sports models

I bought the hammerli xesse IPSC. Has to be imported from Germany so haven't gotten my hands on it yet. probably be another couple of weeks before it gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Nice choice Heckler, let me know what you think of it when you get it, Happy shooting

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Nice choice Heckler, let me know what you think of it when you get it, Happy shooting

Thanks Wadi.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

congrats.....i'm off to court for a similar type pistol thanks to KB's input.

Saddlebags wrote: »
    congrats.....i'm off to court for a similar type pistol thanks to KB's input.

Best of luck with it. Hope you get a good result.

Advertisement