Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo Divers Wanted

• 11-08-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I'm looking for an individual or team who'd be up for a challenge! A quadcopter of mine crashed in Lough Gill over the weekend, and I'd like to retrieve it. I'm not expecting it to be working, but the footage on the memory card is of significant sentimental value to me. I can identify the spot where it happened, and bring divers out on a boat to search for it if required. I can offer a small reward if found. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Sounds like fun, but it will be a while before I have time to go swanning off to Sligo on a treasure hunt. Good luck with it.
    I know a Polish diver in Ballina. I'll point him towards the thread. You never know, he might be available.

Is the camera waterproof? Otherwise, you would be hard pressed to get that memory card back in working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Quadcopter recovered thanks to two fantastic divers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

that was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Not bad after 54 hours underwater. It's drying out at the moment, I think it might be salvageable. The SD card was perfect, so I got the footage I was looking for.

Advertisement