Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Without doubt my best Stug III score! Won this match by the skin of my teeth. On 5% health I survived by bouncing a shot from the KV-1 and managing to outrun his traverse until I could reload the finishing shot. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Hi guys, I haven't read all the thread yet but do you have a boards clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

No we dont have a clan....

Also on another note... I see that Wargaming are having a St. Patricks Day special this week!!! Wonder what will be in it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,051 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

VikingG wrote: »

Also on another note... I see that Wargaming are having a St. Patricks Day special this week!!! Wonder what will be in it

x3s and some pointless side crap with a patronising title. All the more annoying given that Irish people were/are fundamental to the rise of WoT and WG.

Well if anyone is interested in joining a clan with a lot of fellow Irish players pm me. If u are learning wot it's a great place to learn how to play, plus it's good for a bit of craic don't be put off by my username! That's much older than my wot handle. GreentreeIRL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dem new sounds!!!

Slightly in love with them although some of them sound a bit off. I'm liking the slight touch of physics as well. Good patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm on a very old PC. Its a bit slower for me. Also slower to load now for some reason.

I'm not sold on the new sounds.. but little choice, some people like them

Love them, but still have most of the WoT audio turned off as I typically listen to YT or radio podcasts in the background.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,051 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They are far more realistic, though they seem to need a bit more bass presence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    They are far more realistic, though they seem to need a bit more bass presence.

I just thought my speakers were a bit naff. Glad its not just me

x3s and some pointless side crap with a patronising title......
    Wow, a 4 leaved clover emblem! Im surprised they didnt call it St Patty's Day too!!!

Productive enough day on the game, almost at the research cost of the Panther. Also just researched the KV-85 - what are people's experiences with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Hard to crack open with tier 5 arty.

^^ Can I get back the 1 minute and 46 seconds of my life please?

You know I watch WoT videos all the time but just posting up random segments of crap video (with the game running at 24fps) with you mumbling isn't compelling viewing.

You aren't tempting me away from Quickybaby.

Luckily I only lost 30 seconds of my life

Trying to work up to the 90mm cannon on the BDR G1 but for some reason my W/L rate on that tank is atrocious [<30%] along with mediocre performance in most battles so I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

Garzard wrote: »
    Trying to work up to the 90mm cannon on the BDR G1 but for some reason my W/L rate on that tank is atrocious [<30%] along with mediocre performance in most battles so I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

If it helps motivate you, it doesn't get any better. That entire French HT line is just a long miserable grind filled with ****ty tanks and disappointment. Frankly I'd advise leaving it till you exhaust other avenues.

If it helps motivate you, it doesn't get any better. That entire French HT line is just a long miserable grind filled with ****ty tanks and disappointment. Frankly I'd advise leaving it till you exhaust other avenues.

I've had this tank for months and getting the 90mm is something I want so to improve it. Some particular tanks though in my experience are just bad luck. The French tree is extremely pricey and just doesn't seem worth the grind anymore.

I can't get past the AMX M4 mle 45...

• Advertisement

If anyone's interested in advice, platooning or a joining a group of predominantly irish people in a clan, add me as a friend GreentreeIRL we have 46 active members and are looking for more. Would welcome more experienced players too. BTW Clan does not equal serious commitment, not in ours anyway, we're just a bunch of easy going lads, looking for like minded people to play with. We're not doing clan wars yet as we still lack the numbers of active players to commit but with a few more onboard we'll be competing in that space too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cool, ill add you to friends list later. might have a few games some time.

found an irish unicum playing the other day, seen him few times before
    'Conor_Notorious_Mcgregor'.. wonder if its the man himself!!!!

unlocked t57 last night, first game, 4k damage with half a female crew and sub par equipment... op confirmed.. tanks a beast.

e100, let down of my wot career.

only have 2 missions left for my t55.. done the incinerator mission to set two fires in one game last night in t54e1, last game in t54e1 before unlocking the t57 too.. was sweet, and only took literally about 2k medium tank battles..

Great, will likely be the weekend before I'm back on but will catch you then, already had another guy sync up, if you don't have a mic, get one! We have a team speak server for chatting.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    cool, ill add you to friends list later. might have a few games some time.

found an irish unicum playing the other day, seen him few times before
    'Conor_Notorious_Mcgregor'.. wonder if its the man himself!!!!

unlocked t57 last night, first game, 4k damage with half a female crew and sub par equipment... op confirmed.. tanks a beast.

e100, let down of my wot career.

only have 2 missions left for my t55.. done the incinerator mission to set two fires in one game last night in t54e1, last game in t54e1 before unlocking the t57 too.. was sweet, and only took literally about 2k medium tank battles..

Just. Checked out his stats. Wow. I'm an ok player my stats are on the way up and I should be green soon enough. Only prob with that is everyone shoots you!

Great, will likely be the weekend before I'm back on but will catch you then, already had another guy sync up, if you don't have a mic, get one! We have a team speak server for chatting.

I'll add you as well. Also passed on your post to a mate of mine the other day, might've been himself who signed up to you last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

You know I watch WoT videos all the time but just posting up random segments of crap video (with the game running at 24fps) with you mumbling isn't compelling viewing.

You aren't tempting me away from Quickybaby.

Sorry times been banked and secured, you ain't gettin' it back. ;)

The video is a bit rough and ready, but it's just to get you warmed up a bit. :)

Something new and curious in WoWs, which could impact WoT.

There's a new premium carrier, the Saipan coming. But to stop people buying into a high tier and being clueless in one, it's only available as a direct personal offer once conditions are met, including a number of wins and at least one match in a tier 5+ carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Something new and curious in WoWs, which could impact WoT.

There's a new premium carrier, the Saipan coming. But to stop people buying into a high tier and being clueless in one, it's only available as a direct personal offer once conditions are met, including a number of wins and at least one match in a tier 5+ carrier.

Played against it today and was like I don't know that CV! I was talking to the guy piloting it so much that I didn't realize I had clicked my carrier to move towards the middle of the map ..... until suddenly oh ****.

So yeah carrier works for tricking other carriers into acts of idiocy. Also THREE Torp Bombers on a US carrier ... OP much?

That would be fab. Nothing worse than a noob in a T8 tank milling about without a clue.

• Advertisement

There'll be a new premium M41 Bulldog with a 90mm gun coming soon. I'm quite tempted by this, since I have an excellent Ru-251 crew to go in it already.

Advertisement