Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Somebody willing on ghost trip?

• 13-01-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello hello, looking for a few people who have the time and like to feel strong and are not afraid because I plan several trips to the old abandoned houses and castles in Ireland after dark on the first one I think of Blarney Castle, Ballincollig - Castle. Here are some interesting places to visit around Cork http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/ireland/cork.php. The equipment does not have to worry about what I ordered on ebay standard equipment ghost hunters So K-II EMF Meter and EMF Meter As someone watching Ghost Hunters or other such programs to know what the equipment is used. Well certainly would have liked a few voice recorders and cameras full spectrum which are able to record well at night.I bought myself a voice recorder and I have also camera.
    Looking for people with their voice recorders and cameras. It's nice if they collect a minimum of 6 people, it can be a pretty interesting experience anyone willing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmmm I would love to tag along to any Cork ones or where I could manage. The only thing is I don't have any equipment to offer as such well not that I know of, I might have a video camera and plenty of torches

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rafapietrzyk

Ok camera and flashlight are ok, Did you was before on that?

Do I wash before I go :) mmm well depends where I am going..haha only messing not too sure what you meant with that one. I have been to ballincollig castle before, to be honest tisnt much to see. Nice to see it though but I didn't get an spooky feelsings or anything there..Blarney might be an idea, or if you were up for a road trip school in ballyvaorney is quite interesting have been in there before..

Ok if you find some pople which want to go we can arrange next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Sorry to crap on your thread, but just because you saw something on TV doesn't make it standard equipment. I've seen the example you've given Ghost Hunters and I think it is a great show and the guys seem legit most of the time, but they are still looking into an unproven field and the reasons given behind those pieces of equipment are nothing but theoritical reasons based on very little (they only make total sense if you assume you know everything about what a ghost is), so do yourself a big favour and don't go splashing out cash on such gizmos just because the guys on TV said it is supposed to do this and that.

Similarly, just because all the TV shows go out after dark, don't fool yourself into thinking that this stuff only happens at night; that mechanism is used for suspense only. I would suggest talking to some of the seasoned members of the field on boards who have been into this seriously for a long time; maccored comes to mind as a good example.

Otherwise good luck with it, I just felt I shoud say something as I'd hate to see something spend money on hearsay alone.

• Advertisement

why are people so touchy on this forum.. The person was just asking, chillax :D

GodlessM

I have experience in that, i was before 2 times with other groups I now i want make my group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

GodlessM

I have experience in that, i was before 2 times with other groups I now i want make my group.

Fair enough, you just made it sound from your original post like you were buying this stuff just because you saw it on TV. Like I said, just trying to make sure you didn't put yourself out unnecessarily.

Out of curiosity, what were the groups you were with? I may have heard of them.
    Milly33 wrote: »
    why are people so touchy on this forum.. The person was just asking, chillax :D

I don't know why are people so touchy on this forum? Maybe you can tell me since you are the one telling me to 'chillax' for giving a guy friendly advice with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i'd go if in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill go on a Dublin one if someone organises a location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Been waiting for someone to organise something like this around Cork :D I'd love to join you

Edit: I don't drive, so if someone could organise a pick up, i can give them money towards petrol. I'm awkward like that :P

Been waiting for someone to organise something like this around Cork :D I'd love to join you

Edit: I don't drive, so if someone could organise a pick up, i can give them money towards petrol. I'm awkward like that :P

Ok nice find more people! and we organise a trip.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Fair enough, you just made it sound from your original post like you were buying this stuff just because you saw it on TV. Like I said, just trying to make sure you didn't put yourself out unnecessarily.

Out of curiosity, what were the groups you were with? I may have heard of them.

I don't know why are people so touchy on this forum? Maybe you can tell me since you are the one telling me to 'chillax' for giving a guy friendly advice with good intentions.

Easy man, I have all profesional equipment was is use for all paranormal groups. If you are not interested not my problem i am experience in that, I know how organise this.

Pay ne heed!! Just pm'd you there, sorry was off for a few days. Was thinking perhaps twud be handy to meet up first perhaps, and plan things properly.. Im around Sat or Sunday this weekend if it suits anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Dublin one would be cool Riam :)

Elmidena wrote: »
    Dublin one would be cool Riam :)

The best thing to do I think would if any interested parties head to this Bar Bizarre thing and then we could discuss it all there. Ive tried to organise a few things in the past but they never come through.

Riamfada wrote: »
    The best thing to do I think would if any interested parties head to this Bar Bizarre thing and then we could discuss it all there. Ive tried to organise a few things in the past but they never come through.

For me is not problem with organise Please send me a private message who is who is interested in and I will be organise everything BUT IS ONE IMPORTANT THING we need some cameras, voice recorders and light, I have only 1 camera 2 voice recorder and 1 lights also I have K2 EMF METERS, 2 Thermometers and 2 motion detector lights but we need more camera! not included phone camera!!! or phone voice recorder! because in phone is ****! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SENT PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karambas

For me is not problem with organise Please send me a private message who is who is interested in and I will be organise everything BUT IS ONE IMPORTANT THING we need some cameras, voice recorders and light, I have only 1 camera 2 voice recorder and 1 lights also I have K2 EMF METERS, 2 Thermometers and 2 motion detector lights but we need more camera! not included phone camera!!! or phone voice recorder! because in phone is ****! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SENT PM!
    Hi. What about this? What story about end?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

plus one for dublin or kildare

What is with all these zombie threads lately

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement