Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opening internet explorer

Options
  • 26-02-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Instead of just opening a page when I click it I have to open it my clicking on mouse to open page. How do I address it so that when I click it the page will open

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm not sure I really understand what your problem is....

What operating system are you running? Windows 7 or Windows 8 would be most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

What I'm saying is this. I go on a search engine and look for Wikipedia per say. Anyway it brings it up. When I go to left click on the mouse to open it , it doesn't open. When I right click to 'open page' it opens. How do I open it so that when I left click it opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

lol -> Control Panel -> Mouse -> Button Configuration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Not really enough info here for people to be able to help you...

Is this only happening in Internet Explorer or is it happening on the computer in general?

Are you on a laptop or PC?

Will make some assumptions before I head off to work...

If on a pc try another mouse.

If on a laptop, try a usb mouse, or (either way as suggested: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Button Configuration)

The left button might not be working physically, if on a laptop. You might need to go into touchpad settings and turn on "tap to click" or look for an updated driver for the touchpad.

If its only happening in Internet Explorer:
    1) Open Internet Explorer
    2) Click 'Tools', then click 'Internet Options'
    3) Click the 'Advanced' tab.
    4) Under 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings', click 'Reset'.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

johnnybmac wrote: »
    If its only happening in Internet Explorer:
    1) Open Internet Explorer
    2) Click 'Tools', then click 'Internet Options'
    3) Click the 'Advanced' tab.
    4) Under 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings', click 'Reset'.

This seems like a reasonable route to take. However I'm not certain whether or not this will affect bookmarks etc.

I would doubt this is a mouse issue, as it would be prevalent elsewhere on the system.

Clear the cache and history for internet explorer. And then try again. This would be my first step.

OP, the more clear and concise info you give us the better. Have you tried another browser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

Worked great thanks

Advertisement