Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Take out insurance with Mine N' Co Insurances :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

hi can I be unbaned now ????
    Please refer to Botulism's post just above.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Botulism wrote: »
    What about people who both don't want to live in a town and not be in a faction?

Well I was thinking of the town not to be anything massive where people will remain, just a few small shops with houses for rent as I said.

As stated, those that don't want to be part of the faction and PvP will have their own island where they can freely build and not be attacked.
    If wanted, I suppose there could be some small shops on that island too but as you won't be part of PvP, then shops won't be as necessary for you as you have all the time and freedom to find the required resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

What about people who both don't want to live in a town and not be in a faction?

Look at the map that was posted by dec earlier. The island marked "1" is the starter island and will not have pvp on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

CYHSN wrote: »
    Hi Pen, yes just find a nice open space and build on it, there is loads of space outside the town walls and some inside, just be sure not to build over anyone else builds, hard to go wrong, good luck with your small house :)
    Thanks. Is there any way to mark an area (like, commands or just plop down a sign)?

I'm sure once I get in I'll pick up the ropes. Is there a mini economy, too?

• Advertisement

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Thanks. Is there any way to mark an area (like, commands or just plop down a sign)?

I'm sure once I get in I'll pick up the ropes. Is there a mini economy, too?

Just pop down a sign with your name on it. Or just start building :)

There is a mini economy based plug in on the server which allows you to buy and sell items.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

What, and get raided contantly with no protection?
    And for the record, I don't like towns because they make my framerate drop massively. And when you only get 20FPS at best, this is a pretty big problem

Starter Island =/= Starter Town.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just pop down a sign with your name on it. Or just start building :)

There is a mini economy based plug in on the server which allows you to buy and sell items.
    Alright, thanks c:

Plug in? Do I need to download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

No need to download anything to play on the boards server, everything is done server side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Can I get whitelisted again? PseudoFamous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Look at the map that was posted by dec earlier. The island marked "1" is the starter island and will not have pvp on.

What if I want more than just a smaller island to live on? Why not just put up a barrier around neutral houses on the mainland that people in factions cannot enter?

No need to download anything to play on the boards server, everything is done server side.
    Oh, great! I am just waiting to get Whitelisted.

What if I want more than just a smaller island to live on? Why not just put up a barrier around neutral houses on the mainland that people in factions cannot enter?

Well tbh I think the majority will give the factions a try. An island that size should be enough shouldn't it?

I'd like to join. My username is BatteryZombie.

I am kind of new to multiplayer Minecraft so; can I just find a plot of land and build a small house etc? How does it work?

Added. Welcome :)

That's something we are going to have to discuss come closer to switch time. I want to lean more to one side or the other. I don't want it such that people are asking to be switched from non pvp and pvp every other day. My initial opinion was that we should only have a pvp server but I guess we need to try and cater for everyone.

We need to have a definitive separation between builders and pvp imo and if builders can go onto the main island and be unattackable I don't that is too fair. My opinion is that builders can do as they please on their island in a safe environment but if they want to venture out to hostile territory for the larger pools minerals then so be it. You will have to self defend. And that's how the guys from TNT do it. There is a large "safe zone" by spawn in which you can build in survival. When you cross the bridge you are in "the wild" which is fully PVP. I want to go down that route. By all means build if you want but you cannot go to a rich in mineral area and not be subject to the same dangers as other users.

This is what I think anyway :o

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Added. Welcome :)
    Thank you.

Argh, no rooms in the inn/new player's area.

Edit: Broke a block of glass in that cake house, at the end of the bottom corridor, accidentally.. Sorry >.< Didn't mean to ~grief~...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Edit: Broke a block of glass in that cake house, at the end of the bottom corridor, accidentally.. Sorry >.< Didn't mean to ~grief~...

22559336.jpg

CYHSN wrote: »
    22559336.jpg
    Hahaha. :') I know some severs are really strict when it comes to griefing so just to be safe...

Thank you.

Argh, no rooms in the inn/new player's area.

I believe that is what you are supposed to do? Break the glass infront of the door to claim the room?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, the vacant rooms are blocked with two glass blocks across the door, smash them and put your sign on the door to claim ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Yo Sol i could get angry but than i rem u got nothing and never been nothing sthat anyone was intersted in ,am i right people?? like who knows sol ? ,sadly seems like sol wants to take over my cake house .its up to ye guys to tell him no and to get the fup out ! I asked bland if it was ok and that kitty said it was !
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Yup, the vacant rooms are blocked with two glass blocks across the door, smash them and put your sign on the door to claim ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Yo Sol i could get angry but than i rem u got nothing and never been nothing sthat anyone was intersted in ,am i right people?? like who knows sol ? ,sadly seems like sol wants to take over my cake house .its up to ye guys to tell him no and to get the fup out ! I asked bland if it was ok and that kitty said it was !

Whats going on ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

He's had a few?

yup rooms indeed their are but cost u it will (if ur sol) find you I will
    IRL JUST TEST ME !
    Solitaire wrote: »

carlow , athlone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Elect have you been sniffing redstone again :pac:

and them some :)
    He's had a few?

you know nothing of who I am or redstone !!
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Elect have you been sniffing redstone again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

He will have a sore head in about 8 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

This is gold :D. Holding shift wouldn't even stop you from falling over electronige :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement