Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

citydeal.ie not providing the service they have advertised

• 13-01-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have bought a winter car check from citydeal.ie which clearly said in the add that it included oil change. So did the vouchers I have recieved. When I went down to the garage I was told that oil change was not included. It was the only reason I bought the deal as I got a winter check done "before" the winter arrived. Anyway, I was onto them and they said it was a human error and returned %20 of the deal, which looks fair enough. They said their website did not show oil change (it must have been very difficult for them to change it from including "oil change" to "oil check", no?) Form where I stand, the oil change was advertised and I bought the deal with that in mind and citydeal failed to provide it. I have the vouchers and also applied NCA about it. The case was closed just because citydeal has responded.

Anyway I will not pursue this any further but I just want to make this available to everyone following citydeal for a word of caution. If you are buying a deal, get a *.pdf printout of the actual advertisement on the web ( as they will change it later on).

On another note, I find some of the deals on citydeal.ie misleading (I will come and post them here when and if I find more) and have already complained NCA about it too. They claim that there is a 60% discount but when you go back to the service providers site the same (absolutely same) product is on sale for a rice that would give you only 20-30% discount.

Has anyone else got similar problems with non-compliant service or misleading ads from citydeal or any other daily deal sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

your beef should be with the garage, not the site, they're the ones offering the service

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

E&OE

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thomas_88

Wow chill out man, going to the NCA.

I highly doubt Citydeal are changing the deal when it is live. The company is a global giant and are hardly in the business of altering deals. I mean they are valued at over €10bn, hardly based on scamming consumers.

Maybe get some glasses ;)

Advertisement