Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local bargains and various deals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Anywhere that does a good feed up for a reasonable amount? The Living Rm used to do student specials that would feed us up fine after training...where to now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Riordan's do a "Light Lunch Special": bowl of veg soup with breads, toasted ham and cheese (or chicken and cheese) sandwich with salad and a cup of tea or coffee which they'll refill... all for €5.90. Best lunch in town!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

According to the Tribune on 14 August
    ..can exclusively reveal that The Old Forge on William Street West is the best value pub in Galway. Last weekend, the Tribune visited more than 100 pubs and hotel bars across the city and Salthill in a bid to find the cheapest – and the dearest – drinks. Our finding revealed that patrons can make savings of nearly €8 on a round of drinks by frequenting the ‘right’ premises... We found that there are massive differences in the prices of drinks between some pubs, including up to €1.40 on a pint of Guinness, €1.50 on a pint of Heineken and €1.85 on a pint bottle of Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

gary82 wrote: »
    all for €5.90.

€6.50 now, boss! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

€6.50 now, boss! :pac:

€6.50 for the same meal in Finnegans. Think it's still €5.90 in Riordans though.

• Advertisement

Jamey wrote: »
    €6.50 for the same meal in Finnegans. Think it's still €5.90 in Riordans though.

Ahhh... That makes sense.

Always kinda prefer Finnegans anyway. (Doesn't smell quite so funky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ahhh... That makes sense.

Always kinda prefer Finnegans anyway. (Doesn't smell quite so funky)

are you joking? i wandered into finnegans one day with some friends and left promptly as the smell was very very funky!

oh and to contribute to the thread....

Mocha Beans do a "Sensational Soup and Sandwich Deal"

Soup of the day, which was awesome the day i got it! and a cajun chicken,melted swiss cheese and mayo on your choice of white ,brown or ciabatta (may i recommend the ciabatta-yum!) for €5.95

Seriously good feed wasnt hungry for the rest of the day after it ;)

are you joking? i wandered into finnegans one day with some friends and left promptly as the smell was very very funky

As opposed to the greasy, hot, stale stench which I place akin to a homeless man in a sauna from Riordan's, I find Finnegan's quite pleasant on the nose. But I digress...

Think the Wong Sze Asian Restaurant in Oranmore is still doing their "Buy one main course, get second one free" Monday to Friday. Cheap eats with a group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Just saw written there someone had their coffee topped up...why is this not common practise? Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Think the Kings Head do top ups of coffee too..

Nimmos do a great big pot of tea for €2.20..

I asked for a green tea & I got a huge big pot full. Yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I think the cellar do free refills. The old Living room used to aswell but I doubt the new Kellys do.
    It really should be common practice. When the price of a cup of tea would buy you a box of 80 teabags in the shop. And im sure its even less buying them in bulk from catering wholesalers.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I think the cellar do free refills. The old Living room used to aswell but I doubt the new Kellys do.
    It really should be common practice. When the price of a cup of tea would buy you a box of 80 teabags in the shop. And im sure its even less buying them in bulk from catering wholesalers.

Kellys do free refills of coffee with breakfast, that or they were too busy to say "no" when I asked them if I could fill up my coffee again. The breakfast is huge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Yep, Kelly's has free coffee refills... got very jittery as a result of taking advantage of that for an afternoon last week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Was getting a coffee in my local shop before work this morning and I saw a poster on the window advertising :

1 Lb Mince Meat
    1 Lb Stewing Meat
    Whole Chicken
    4 Pork Chops

All for 20 quid

I'll be grabbing that deal on the way home this evening.
    Mace on the Monivea Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

too late, they are sold out

:D, joking, i'm a hundred miles away

mukki wrote: »
    too late, they are sold out

:D, joking, i'm a hundred miles away

Nope, they doing the deal for next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Quick question about the cash factory, do they sell any large desks/computer tables?
    Save me building one

Krieg wrote: »
    Quick question about the cash factory, do they sell any large desks/computer tables?
    Save me building one

Call them.

alibabba wrote: »
    Was getting a coffee in my local shop before work this morning and I saw a poster on the window advertising :

1 Lb Mince Meat
    1 Lb Stewing Meat
    Whole Chicken
    4 Pork Chops

All for 20 quid

I'll be grabbing that deal on the way home this evening.
    Mace on the Monivea Road

Yip, called in on way home yesterday and got

2 Lb Mince Meat
    2 Lb Stewing Meat
    2 Whole Chickens
    8 Pork Chops

All for 40 quid ... excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I was just stopping into the post office on Fr. Griffin road (Cresent court) and I decided to use thier underground carpark.....

It's free for the first hour and only €1 per hour after that, I arrived a minuet after the hour was up and it was still free. It's within the disc parking area of the city so that makes it hands down, the cheapest parking in Galway!!! Per hour that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

New vouchers from www.ibuyvouchers.com .
    There are quite a pubs included but their vouchers all say "coming soon". Might be worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Get sent out €10 worth of money off vouchers for Sally Longs here:

http://www.sallylongs.ie

The shop beside The River in, opposite UCHG are doing;

Chicken Fillet Roll (chicken, letuce & tomato) €1.77 :eek:
    Chicken Fillet Roll + Wedges €2.50

Great student deal! I think the type of roll may vary from week to week.

gary82 wrote: »
    The shop beside The River in, opposite UCHG are doing;
    Chicken Fillet Roll (chicken, letuce & tomato) €1.77

How big is the roll?

Standard enough size; 23.4cm long, 7.3cm cylindrical diameter. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

All cinema tickets for the Omniplex are €6 if booked online or on the phone. Runs from the 18th of Sept to the 23rd of October.
    https://booking.omniplex.ie/new/book_2.asp?site=Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

chilly wrote: »
    All cinema tickets for the Omniplex are €6 if booked online or on the phone. Runs from the 18th of Sept to the 23rd of October.
    https://booking.omniplex.ie/new/book_2.asp?site=Galway

That's a great tip, I'm passing that one on

Decided to give my new local garage a plug here after I collected my car from there yesterday. He got it back on the road for a whopping 20 Euro. The exhaust was about to fall off, he welded the damaged bit and secured it back up onto the car with a few exhaust pins. Might not be a big job but he didnt rip me off.

He fully serviced two cars for me recently at 120 a pop.
    Very genuine guy.

PM me if you want his mobile number, he is situated near McDonaghs/Peter Curran Electrics and also can collect the car from you and drop it back after the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Lidl's kitchen radio for 15.99 (went on sale yesterday) is actually pretty fantastic. Good sound, and the RDS (where it displays the name of the station and supposedly the name of the song, haven't seen it do the later yet) is really cool. Also, it somehow creepily knows what time and date it is the second you put batteries in....... those crazy Germans!

It can also store up to 6 (I think) special days and remind you at 8 am day of.

Pretty Neat.

Advertisement