Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Thats sounds promising - is it for real??

yep. its in the advertiser, but my god you would be looking for it! smallest two columns given to it, its almost like they dont want people knowing about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Thats sounds promising - is it for real??

Ya they are doing a deal because it is 61 years since Ireland won the Grand Slam. Its on for the full day aswell in fairness to them but can ya imagine being there for the day and the amount of coppers you would have in your pocket the next morning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

snubbleste wrote: »
    When we drop our energy costs, labour costs, insurance costs, rental costs, local authority charges to UK levels

not to mention vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

Great deal - only beauty treatments but seriously this is a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

I had lunch in Vina Mara today and it was lovely and only 10e - good choice too, Thai Chicken Curry, Lamb & Apricot Meatballs, Salmon & a Trout Dish

Restuarants seem to be offering some very attractive deals at the moment which is great but also shows the margins they were making during the 'good old days'

Also, ive seen ads for this Suits place out in Briarhill - http://www.suits.ie - has anybody been out there and got anything or heard any reports? i was thinking of heading out on Saturday as they have a good deal of 2 suits, 2 shirts, 2 ties for 400e

• Advertisement

A new chinese has opened in Forster Court area and all mains are half price until April 21st..could be worth a look? Think its called Chilli Garden or something like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

snubbleste wrote: »
    When we drop our energy costs, labour costs, insurance costs, rental costs, local authority charges to UK levels

You forgot reducing profit levels. Ben Dunne reckons that the margins in Ireland are outrageous & I tend to agree.

A new chinese has opened in Forster Court area and all mains are half price until April 21st..could be worth a look? Think its called Chilli Garden or something like that..

where about is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    where about is it?

Above An Pucan.

good good.

post astroturf 4 in 1 it is then

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Above An Pucan.

really and here was me wandering around al muretto thinking "hmm it has to be along here somewhere..."

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I had lunch in Vina Mara today and it was lovely and only 10e - good choice too, Thai Chicken Curry, Lamb & Apricot Meatballs, Salmon & a Trout Dish

Sounds excellent and brilliant value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Gaillimh1990

Robbo wrote: »
    Monday-Wednesday last week and the same this week in Marks: Sammich + Crisps + Drink = €2.75

Two problems
    ... the coke tastes like some kind of acid
    ... the sandwiches choices are dreadful and strange... who want prawns, salmon or cheese and celery sandwiches haha[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But they have such nice pastel packaging and the bird with the sexy voice over on the slow-mo ads.

"This is not just just flogging tripe, it's selling you the idea that you can indulge in luxuries like this and feel you're better than the muckers shopping in Tesco - at an appropriate mark-up"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

New iBuy booklet arrived today \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

30% off aussie haircare products in Dunnes and lots of pharmacies are still selling San Tropez at half price...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Magnus wrote: »
    New iBuy booklet arrived today \0/

The new vouchers are online again too : http://www.ibuyvouchers.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&Itemid=13

I think they are the new ones anyway. I'm open to correction . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

Hi - does anyone know if there is an expiry date on these vouchers?
    I am looking for one for a certain hotel in Connemara but it is not listed on web site anymore. Would anyone out there have a spare one?
    If so, please PM me. And thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think that they do have an expiry date.I can only see "terms & conditions apply"writen on them but you're probably best to ring the hotel and ask.Ultimately businesses sign up for these promotions to advertise their businesses.If you ring and explain that you had hoped to avail of the voucher deal they may give you the reduced price despite it being out of date. I'd think that it would make good business sense for the hospitality industry not to refuse custom in these times.

Galway’s newest retail concept has arrived. Operating successfully in the UK for many years, the Cash Factory is a mecca for bargain hunters. The new and used superstore is now open in Liosban retail park beside Golfstyle. The shop provides a buy and sell service for televisions, computers, laptops, playstations, cameras, ipods, stereos, mobile phones, electrical appliances, fireplaces, office equipment, bicycles, and liquidation stock.
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/13974

Will go and look for a bike this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

so is it like a pawn shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Magnus wrote: »
    Galway’s newest retail concept has arrived. Operating successfully in the UK for many years, the Cash Factory is a mecca for bargain hunters. The new and used superstore is now open in Liosban retail park beside Golfstyle. The shop provides a buy and sell service for televisions, computers, laptops, playstations, cameras, ipods, stereos, mobile phones, electrical appliances, fireplaces, office equipment, bicycles, and liquidation stock.
    http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/13974

Will go and look for a bike this weekend

http://www.thecashfactory.ie/
    - all they have listed is an old TV and a load of irons! :rolleyes:

Another local('ish) offer is the Meal for Two in Marks and Spencer for €12.50. You have a good choice for each course. Got €29.50's worth yesterday, for €12.50! Delicious top notch food. Details here: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-in-Pound-10-Offers-Instore-Food-Wine/b/198933031

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Full body spray tan is half price in The Parlour for July. I think that's pretty good! Any other good beautician offers around?

And the Royal Villa in Salthill has 3 courses and a glass of wine for 20 Euro at the moment, and it's quite expensive in there otherwise. They've really made the place look fab though, and the food is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

gary82 wrote: »
    http://www.thecashfactory.ie/
    - all they have listed is an old TV and a load of irons! :rolleyes:

Yeah, not much on the website. But I was up in the estate the other week so had a walk around: lots of good-for-secondhand stuff and also various what you might call retail-leftovers and also job-lots eg chairs/tables etc that must have all come out of the same complex.

Not a pawn operation as far as I could see: more genuine 2nd hand shop.

Was in there and they had loads of furniture cheap enough and some TVs and 2nd hand clothes. Bikes were about 125 or so, but not the type I'm looking for.
    Oh and an lawnmower powered scooter for 370 euro, I stood looking at that a long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

any kids bikes there? I'm looking for a decent 2nd hand boys bike.
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Galway Lidls are having a family day this saturday 11am-6pm
    with free face painting, bouncy castle, treasure hunt and target football

Plus they have some specials on saturday, including German Pils 6x500ml €5 and 30% off all fruit and veg

Very novel idea for a supermarket methinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bump for the above post,
    Stock up on cheapish fruit tomorrow at Lidl Deoch Uisce, Headford Rd & Oranmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Let's be specific here, seriously good, up to date value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Check out my mates carboot sale in Terryland football park car park, on Sat 8th August.

Also, if you're into home made style and re-purposing (as the Americans like to call it) Fine wines not only have good wine but they're selling their wine boxes, that make great shelving and storage 2 for €5.

Mustard, in the bridge mills, add frys and salads to their starters and stuff, so you can have Plum Duck rolls for less than €7 and it's like...Dinner!!

Free lunchtime classical concerts in Galway Library once a month

The Organic Veg and Spinach and Rocket in Lidl

Advertisement