Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do tanning pills work?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Would you not not just get yourself a daily moisturiser with a tint in it OP and not keep putting potentially dangerous substances in/on your body?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

ColHol wrote: »
    Here you go!

For a split second when looking at the pic I thought the guy in the middle
    Had 3 hands.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Surely a troll? Or a shill?

If this is true and you already self medicated to lighten your skin and ****ed it up then maybe you should have learned your lesson and not tried another "miracle" cure from the internet? Go talk to a bloody dermatologist do not take beta carotene

My grandmother was very fond of Biblical quotations. One of her favourites was
    "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." Seems to apply perfectly in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I have a friend who took beta carotene for a while. She looked like a carrot. I don't understand this obsession with tan that you have, OP. Stop messing with your skin, you've done enough damage already.

If your appearance means that much to you go and invest in a few bottles of tinted moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tanning pills contain beta carotene, found in carrots, and will dye you orange; as will eating a lot of carrots. They probably aren't dangerous, but you will be as orange as a carrot and look a bit stupid.

Why not forget about the tan altogether since 1) pills turn you orange 2) spray tans make you blotchy and orange and 3) tanning (either sunbathing or tanning beds) give you cancer? You'll look healthier, have a reduced incidence of melanoma, not dye all your clothes orange, and men will want to kiss you because they won't get all orange from you. Seriously. Natural skin tone FTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement