Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS printers?

• 04-04-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone here knows a lot about POS printers?

I'm looking for a solution to pair a printer with an Android tablet, to auto-print incoming emails.

I want it flexible enough to allow the printer to be in a separate room to the tablet, so presumably this would require them linking over the wifi network? (Rather than bluetooth/NFC).

I've been doing some Googling and the only option besides brands I don't recognise is the Epson mobilink P20 although it doesn't say if it operates over Wifi or not.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I've only had mine a little while and it's stopped working. Right POS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Printers are sold cheap, they make their money from the expensive ink cartridges... POS ink companies!

Hi OP, I've moved your thread to the computers and technology forum where you should get some more helpful answers.
    Please read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Cianos wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone here knows a lot about POS printers?

I'm looking for a solution to pair a printer with an Android tablet, to auto-print incoming emails.

I want it flexible enough to allow the printer to be in a separate room to the tablet, so presumably this would require them linking over the wifi network? (Rather than bluetooth/NFC).

I've been doing some Googling and the only option besides brands I don't recognise is the Epson mobilink P20 although it doesn't say if it operates over Wifi or not.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Just read the spec there OP. That printer will print over WiFi, and probably do a hell of a lot more than what you might want it for too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I really like the look of that if you get it would be interested to see how you get on. Only wireless ones I've seen to date have been those star ones and don't fancy them reliability wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Just read the spec there OP. That printer will print over WiFi, and probably do a hell of a lot more than what you might want it for too! :)

Might be blind but where did you see that it prints over Wifi?

jimmii wrote: »
    I really like the look of that if you get it would be interested to see how you get on. Only wireless ones I've seen to date have been those star ones and don't fancy them reliability wise.

I thought there'd be loads of choice, was surprised at how few options from the bigger brands there seems to be out there.

Is this the star brand you're talking about? http://star-emea.com

Might be blind but where did you see that it prints over Wifi?

Says it supports 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) which I believe is WiFi.

I thought there'd be loads of choice, was surprised at how few options from the bigger brands there seems to be out there.

Is this the star brand you're talking about? http://star-emea.com

Would be these ones

http://www.starmicronics.com/printer/portable_printers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thread moved to entrepreneurial forum

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

Looks like the same brand.

Have you used them yourself?

Looks like the same brand.

Have you used them yourself?

Only looked at the first page of that other site thought it was just software! Haven't tried it myself but saw one with one and it seemed a good bit slower than a wired one and the print quality didn't seem great. That was a year or so ago so they may have improved since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Advertisement