Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VR Headset - help please

• 04-04-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got a Google Cardboard headset for my son at Xmas and whilst it demonstrated the VR concept well it wasn't very practical to wear and didn't last too long.

I subsequently ordered one of these http://m.tinydeal.com/product/magicglass-virtual-reality-3d-glasses-for-4-57-inch-smartphones-143445 which is surprisingly well made and conformable to wear but I'm having a big problem figuring it how to use it as it only came with Chinese instructions. I can insert my phone and kind of get some VR apps working on it but I can't figure out how to select options on the screen. When i move my head the various menu options are presented but whereas the Google Cardboard headset has a sliding button on the left which utilises a magnet and NFC to make selections this headset doesn't appear to have the same function. I've searched high and low online for a review / instructions without success. You guys are my last hope!

All suggestions as to how I can make menu selections on this headset will be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MurphChops

Probably a bit late now but waving a magnet a the side of the headset does the same trick as the official google cardboard headset slider thing , also reaching in and poking the screen usually does the same thing as the slider .
    Most aps are doing away with needing to use the slider for this reason , there are so many headset options now with no slider.
    I have a load of games and apps and only a few of the older ones need the slider they are all select on screen by looking at buttons....or use a controler but the game/app will tell you that before you download it.

Advertisement