Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

• 15-02-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭

Applictions for this year's TCO panel are now open: http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/4257.htm

I haven't checked out the full details yet, but they've said:
    As the application process for this campaign differs from previous years it is important that you read the Information Booklet before you apply.
    You should note that on this occasion you will be required to complete the on-line Skills and Expereince Questionaire at a later stage. Your location choice will taken into account at that stage.

This may mean that the wisdom from last year's TCO thread may not necessarily apply.

Closing date is 21 Feb.

Good luck one and all, especially those who really need the work.

And please do keep us informed about how it operates this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Just applied for it. Thanks for the heads up. Will keep posted if I am successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Is the website freezing for anybody when you complete the application form? After ten minutes of loading I just cancelled and filled it in again, and now it has frozen... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kmag16

Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me. I tried a few times to do it, but then gave up. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I went on the website earlier, forgot my username and just tried to log in there but the page is just blank, nothing at all on it only white.. just me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I applied no problem. I only got a job for 2011s panel in January. Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thanks OP, Just applied their now hope to god i get something out of this.

EDIT: Actually just before you submit, It asks do you want to attach any other documents. I took this to mean my CV so i attached that. Thinking now maybe i shouldn't have or that it was for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Hi, Just applied too. I hope that was all needed. I double checked the info booklet and it does not request anything but the application form so I left it at that. So strange to be giving so little information about myself and my education. And they choose from that simple page?

baraca wrote: »
    Thanks OP, Just applied their now hope to god i get something out of this.

EDIT: Actually just before you submit, It asks do you want to attach any other documents. I took this to mean my CV so i attached that. Thinking now maybe i shouldn't have or that it was for something else?

It said on the email please dont attach anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

lolli wrote: »
    It said on the email please dont attach anything.

Strange at the end of the application it asked did i have anything to attach. I'll just go update it and remove the CV

baraca wrote: »
    Strange at the end of the application it asked did i have anything to attach. I'll just go update it and remove the CV

I found that confusing as well, so I hope i'm right that I didnt attach anything!

• Advertisement

Only email I got said thanks for applying etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

First applic. page says in bold, do not attach anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

On the first screen before you clicked Apply here, it said in Bold; Do Not attach any documents with your application.

You obviosly didnt read it.

And people wonder :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

So basically anyone that applied last year and finished in the top half of the listings and did not get a position has to now repeat the process over again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I applied, what kind of stuff would you do in this job?

EdenHazard wrote: »

General work such as etc. and so forth.

On the first screen before you clicked Apply here, it said in Bold; Do Not attach any documents with your application.

You obviosly didnt read it.

And people wonder :rolleyes:

Well then why the fuck does it entice you to attach a document after filling the application form? Sorry for swearing but that smug rolleyes smiley really makes me feel like kicking you in the face. :)

Here you can attach any appropriate document to your submission in the 'Application Attachment' section.

To upload a document to attach to this submission, please click on the 'Browse' button below and locate your document, or enter the complete path and file name of your document.

Attachment document size must be less than 5MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

steph1 wrote: »
    So basically anyone that applied last year and finished in the top half of the listings and did not get a position has to now repeat the process over again?

Yes unfortunately thats how it works:(

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Well then why the fuck does it entice you to attach a document after filling the application form? Sorry for swearing but that smug rolleyes smiley really makes me feel like kicking you in the face. :)

• Here you can attach any appropriate document to your submission in the 'Application Attachment' section.
    • To upload a document to attach to this submission, please click on the 'Browse' button below and locate your document, or enter the complete path and file name of your document.
    • Attachment document size must be less than 5MB
    Exactly its a bit stupid having the above message making people think you have to attach a document, there sending mixed messages:confused: I didnt upload it anyways so hopefully thats what they want!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Just sat down with my father, who was recently let go from his job, to help him with this.
    Did we miss something? Just one page of general info and thats it?
    How do they pick someone from that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Application sent
    The "attach" don't "attach" thing got me as well

Fingers crossed this works I could do with it!!

mrgardener wrote: »
    Just sat down with my father, who was recently let go from his job, to help him with this.
    Did we miss something? Just one page of general info and thats it?
    How do they pick someone from that?

He will be notified at a later stage to complete an online application, takes about 30 mins and your asked questions about your competency and personality, there is an advice centre tab on the publicjobs.ie website where it tells you about this :) hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Amzie wrote: »
    Exactly its a bit stupid having the above message making people think you have to attach a document, there sending mixed messages:confused: I didnt upload it anyways so hopefully thats what they want!!!

They're using a more standard tool candidate management tool than they have in the past - notice the way that your details were auto-filled in from your profile, I'm sure that didn't happen last time.

For most jobs, it makes sense to let people include attachments.

For this lot (general clerical work that anyone who can manage to do on-line applicatin process should be able for), attachments would be a waste of time. But their tool obviously doesn't have a way to switch the attachment option off for jobs where it's not relevant.

As things go, if that's the worst bit of the process I'll be well happy.

All the applications through the publicjobs website have the attachment thing at the end of it. Some require documents, some dont.

This particular one asked on the very first page, NOT to attach any document.

You obviously just didnt read the page and jumped into it..APPLY NOW -PANIC - CLICK.

Read things in future before you start is my advice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

EdenHazard wrote: »

My filing hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

I saw some posts earlier about people having problems with submitted the application, I had the same problem so I tried using a different browser and that worked for me.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Done. Hopefully I get longer than the 8 weeks I got last year. Will be following this thread closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have had some problems viewing the publicjobs website lately while using chrome but then it works no prob if I try IE. Could explain some of the problems people are experiencing here.

Why bother repeating this as it was already mentioned above . Talk about just wanting to have something to say .

Good luck with your applications everyone :)

All the applications through the publicjobs website have the attachment thing at the end of it. Some require documents, some dont.

This particular one asked on the very first page, NOT to attach any document.

You obviously just didnt read the page and jumped into it..APPLY NOW -PANIC - CLICK.

Read things in future before you start is my advice :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Why bother repeating this as it was already mentioned above . Talk about just wanting to have something to say .

Good luck with your applications everyone :)

Why bother quoteing it when its allready been said??!

Yes this could go on... I only responded to point out the not so obvious apparently!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement