Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Discussion Thread for Leaked Episodes (1-4) [** Spoilers **] - Have NOT read the book

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

S5-Ep4

Selyse & Stannis looking at Jon at the courtyard while conversing:

Selyse: Do you think highly of this boy?
    Stannis: Lord Commander of the Night's watch..
    Selyse: and a bastard of some tavern's slut
    Stannis: Perhaps..but that wasn't Ned Stark's way.

Stannis & Mellisandre talking at each other after Selyse left

Stannis: I need you
    Mellisandre: You only need faith my king
    Stannis: And you my lady what do you need?
    Mellisandre turns and now looking directly at Jon Snow: to serve my Lord!

Camera now focuses on Jon Snow practicing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,144 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

leonil7 wrote: »
    S5-Ep4

i hadnt caught the significance of that when i watched it. hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

S5-Ep4

"there is power in King's blood", hence her attraction to Jon and more teasing about Jon's lineage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

duploelabs wrote: »
    "there is power in King's blood", hence her attraction to Jon and more teasing about Jon's lineage

I'm assuming he is also the first one to refuse her advances.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

hence the dejavu line, 'you know nothing jon snow'.
    Trippie wrote: »
    I'm assuming he is also the first one to refuse her advances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

He is supposed to be Neds son by some tavern wench. Except littlefinger said that that wasnt Neds style. There is a definite link between the mad king and neds sister. put two and two together and you get that john snow is actually neds sisters son by the mad king.

Which.sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

seligehgit wrote: »
    Which.sister?

Avoid the comments on this video;

seligehgit wrote: »
    Which.sister?

Lyanna

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

careful, that is the book's wiki, here is Shows Wiki (Spoiler free, only updates with information given through the show and DVD's brilliant "History and Lore")

wprathead wrote: »
    careful, that is the book's wiki, here is Shows Wiki (Spoiler free, only updates with information given through the show and DVD's brilliant "History and Lore")

Apologies. i have edited the post to remove the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It is most definitely just the first 4 eps leaked? One of the lads is adament his work mate has seen all off season 5, I was trying to convince him that his workmate is talking through his hoop and is a complete bull$hitter.

Mainly because the eps would be up somewhere and there would be discussion. This lad is blinded to think his mate is telling the truth which is clearly nonsense...yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

tvnutz wrote: »
    It is most definitely just the first 4 eps leaked? One of the lads is adament his work mate has seen all off season 5, I was trying to convince him that his workmate is talking through his hoop and is a complete bull$hitter.

Mainly because the eps would be up somewhere and there would be discussion. This lad is blinded to think his mate is telling the truth which is clearly nonsense...yes?

It's definitely only four episodes. They only give out four in a press pack for fear they might be leaked which in this case they were so I suppose it worked. Whoever said they saw all of season 5 either works on the show or is a big lying bastard. And I'd be inclined to believe the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

S5-Ep4

Holy crap i completely missed this - had to re watch. Snow is becoming more and more interesting as time passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

what i dont understand about the unsullied is fighting with a long sword in very narrow alleyways. it just doesnt make sense.

Well, they're sort of hoplites. Battlefield troops not urban fighters. Kind of feel it's supposed to how crap a leader Daeny is. She really doesn't know how best to utilize her resources. ex: Jorah, you have a proven sneaky bastard now ferociously loyal to you! Use him!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

I'm fairly sure in Season 1 when John snow was heading to the wall and Ned was heading to Kings Landing that Ned said something along the lines of "you don't have my name but you are my son".

Those 4 episodes were not great, really hope its building up to something (although there were some good parts to be fair).

And please Dragon Queen do something. This is season 5 now and her story is soo boring.

What ever happened to the white walkers? Pretty sure they've been mentioned since season 1 and then in one season there was an army of them and now nothing.

I'm thinking season 5 will finish off the war of men and then season 6 will be white walkers, Bran and Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

water-man wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure in Season 1 when John snow was heading to the wall and Ned was heading to Kings Landing that Ned said something along the lines of "you don't have my name but you are my son".
    The exact line was "You might not have my name, but you have my blood."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Sleepy wrote: »

The wording is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm guessing the storyline of DT in this city (meeren? I can't keep up ha) is kinda a reflection of USAs "liberation" of Iraq.. Everything from the statues being pulled down, to now having sectarian style guerilla fighting in the city, to her not really having a sustainable plan for the region other than ""freedom and bring democracy/law"
    If it is so, that's not a good sign for either her or the city as Iraq is/was clusterfnck

Also, I recommend watching episodes as they air in better quality -more enjoyable and pretty than the leaked ones :)

Sleepy wrote: »

which would fit into john snow being his sisters kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Also, I recommend watching episodes as they air in better quality -more enjoyable and pretty than the leaked ones :)

I'm downloading the HD versions as they air and re-watching, definitely better viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Locking this now - the network as caught up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement