Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

takeaway in athlone

• 30-05-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Where do you get your weekend takeaway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Jia Jia for Chinese

Kin Khao for Thai

Bethlehem for chipper food

Pizza tends to be either Apache/Supermacs/Bethlehem depending on the mood

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I second Jia Jia and Bethlehem. Reliable Chinese and LOVE the pizza in Bethlehem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Jia Jia for Chinese
    Kebab house for kebabs
    Savios for chipper
    Supermacs for fast food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bethlehem here too.
    Supermacs in town is dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Alfredos for chipper food
    Jia Jia for Chinese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Big Snack for chicken.

Big Snack for chicken.

There are better uses for time machines.

Haha..

Used to love big snacks milkshakes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Double Y for Chinese
    Di Bella for pizza
    Alfredos/Roma in Monksland for chips

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

It's a shame we haven't got a half dacent Indian takeaway in Athlone - Do you know I wouldn't order food from any of the existing ones......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

It's a real shame there's no decent Indians in Athlone! Totally agree.

Mother India isn't the worst, Saagar when it was here was much better. My only problem with good Indian food, is the price :P

The thing is that I'm really into the Tandoori stuff ( Chicken Tikka, Tandoori Mixed Grills etc) rather than curries - Any tandoori stuff i've every ordered in Athlone has been adsolutely awful.....:(

Any stuff I've gotten from Mother India has been awful. Never tried Saagar - it must be closed nearly 7/8 years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Actually think the chinese takeaways are poor in the town, go to Jia jia but compared to other towns not a patch

Any stuff I've gotten from Mother India has been awful. Never tried Saagar - it must be closed nearly 7/8 years now?

Once saw the lads in saagar cleaning the counter with the same mop they'd just used to mop the floor...

Once saw the lads in saagar cleaning the counter with the same mop they'd just used to mop the floor...

Well they did claim that they were an authentic Indian Restaurant. Having visited India many times I can assure you that is authentic hygiene standards. In fact it would have been even more authentic if they'd used the same mop to mop out the toilets first....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Kebabs - Al Kebabish
    Chips - Marios in arcadia, but they are so rude and take so long some times.
    Burgers - Bethleem, sometimes I find their chips do be a tad undercooked.
    Savios - is generally good, the pepperoni pizza slices are amazing, and the chips are pretty good too, along with everything, but their delivery can be very slow sometimes.

and the nicest of all is Kin Khao.

It all depends on how your feeling at the time of course.

Chips - Marios in arcadia, but they are so rude and take so long some times.

If they're rude then I just wouldn't give them any business. There is no excuse for being rude to customers.

But they are doing everything half price the last few weeks/months.. and its nearby and easy to get to. So if you ring in your order and go down and pick it up 20 minutes later its grand.

• Advertisement

Genoa Garlic/Cheese chips with Bacon on top - nothing more to be said. Mod please lock :D

Genoa Garlic/Cheese chips with Bacon on top - nothing more to be said. Mod please lock :D

I have to agree, with a little ketchup this is the ultimate food.

I wouldnt eat out of that place...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

Agree, Marios best for chips. Not as rude as they used to be and still half price, have been for last 6 months, dont know how they are going to go back to being full price now!!

Double-Y, right beside it and is nice for chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I've never found Marios rude, they just don't make stupid chit-chat with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Can't believe Sizzler's in Baylough hasn't been mentioned yet. Best curry cheese chips in town since the old cookhouse closed and everything else is nice too. The owner would talk the back legs off a donkey too, lovely woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

You know they take away bodies in athlone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

nice_guy80 wrote: »

take away only. delivery service isn't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

nice_guy80 wrote: »

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

cena wrote: »
    ????

Think someone was trying to be funny:rolleyes:

Advertisement