Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most boring town in Roscommon

• 17-02-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Lets have a vote for the Crappest town in Roscommon -sorry I mean the most boring town in Roscommon.
    My personal vote goes to ballaghaderreen-it must not have changed in about 40 years

Any bids??:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It should be given back to Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

It should be given back to Mayo!

Well years ago they did give it back!!

But they sent half of it back again !!!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Then mayo ones are cute hoors :) I nominate Castlerea.

Then mayo ones are cute hoors :) I nominate Castlerea.

They r cute hoors all right LOL

Castlerea cud not be as boring as balla

Theres a film being made about ballaghaderreen --its gonna be called:
    Boring In Balla
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

rusty999 wrote: »
    Lets have a vote for the Crappest town in Roscommon -sorry I mean the most boring town in Roscommon.
    My personal vote goes to ballaghaderreen-it must not have changed in about 40 years

What about Boyle?? Strokestown?? Ballaghaderreen is a good town.

• Advertisement

What about Boyle?? Strokestown?? Ballaghaderreen is a good town.

Well, in my opinion Boyle is a good little town--forward thinking and modern--kinda modern anyway

Strokestown---Hmmmm I wud give it 2nd place

Balla--40 yrs behind the times and so are most of the occupants

and the uniformed thugs there are c.....s
    only my own opinion so all opinions welcome:cool:

Well, in my opinion Boyle is a good little town--forward thinking and modern--kinda modern anyway

Strokestown---Hmmmm I wud give it 2nd place

Balla--40 yrs behind the times and so are most of the occupants

and the uniformed thugs there are c.....s
    only my own opinion so all opinions welcome:cool:

Make a complaint to the Garda Ombudsman Commision or tell the DJ when you appear before him but do not rate a town by the way the Polis deal with you.

Why do you feel its stuck in 1969??

Make a complaint to the Garda Ombudsman Commision or tell the DJ when you appear before him but do not rate a town by the way the Polis deal with you.

Why do you feel its stuck in 1969??

Ah no!! I would never Rate any town by how them fellows do their job just they seem to be a law unto themselves up there--thankfully i don't have much dealings with them but the word is out around there about one in particular who feels he is above the law--I believe his superiors are already aware of him.

I just feel the place has not changed at all in years. there was no hotel until recently and when it did open the locals were extremely critical of it especially the restaurant. And all they know around there is country music:eek:
    :eek:

Well it isn't Strokestown.....knackers brawling is endlessly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Has to be Elphin ...most boring town is about all that lip of a spot could win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Has to be Elphin ...most boring town is about all that lip of a spot could win

I have to agree, It was absolute torture years ago when the Bus Eireann bus went through Elphin, to pick up nobody..............and nobody got off either. I've a feeling nobody actually lives there, its a virtual town..........maybe like the one on Blazing Saddles, You know the one they made of plywood, a decoy

[
    Ballaghaderreen is known as a one- horse town
    They usta be 2 horses there years ago but the mayo feckers took one of them
    Then they took half the town as well , so really its only half a town
    :D

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I have to agree, It was absolute torture years ago when the Bus Eireann bus went through Elphin, to pick up nobody..............and nobody got off either. I've a feeling nobody actually lives there, its a virtual town..........maybe like the one on Blazing Saddles, You know the one they made of plywood, a decoy

LOL

I think parts of ballaghaderreen is definitely made of Plywood as well
    And just like in blazing saddles it has its own Saloon,whore-house,blacksmith for the horse, lots of hay, bullet holes in the walls, a sheriff who thinks he is above the law--they call him the pup up there--and loads of drunken cowboys!!

• Has to be Elphin ...most boring town is about all that lip of a spot could win

Don't know about boring, but it's certainly the poorest town I've come across.

A couple of years ago I was doing field service for an IT company, one of the calls was in Elphin, I saw more red number plates that day than I'd seen the previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Oh sht, you insulted Ballaghadereen.

I so mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

deffo elphin ,i had friends playing at fleah ceol there recently they all said it was like ireland in 1970s it seems marietta biscuits with butter is luxury there

any town with out rail link is boring

dennistuam wrote: »
    deffo elphin ,i had friends playing at fleah ceol there recently they all said it was like ireland in 1970s it seems marietta biscuits with butter is luxury there

any town with out rail link is boring

They wouldn't have got any butter in Ballaghaderreen !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

+1 for Elphin....

or may be the Roscommon side of lanesborough - give the whole lot to longford

Dinkie wrote: »
    +1 for Elphin....

or may be the Roscommon side of lanesborough - give the whole lot to longford

But Elphin does not have whats known as the B specials??? in uniform!!
    And u know what B stands for hee hee
    not all bad--but a couple of Bs in ballaghaderreen
    one is called the PUP and theres a spot prize for the first poster who tells me what that stands for????????????

The 1st prize is a week in: ballaghaderreen
    2nd prize is 2 weeks in:
    ballaghaderreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

ah i love ballagh! Was there on sunday... And it snowed. Castlerea has barely changed since i was a child, it still looks the same. What about the rossie side of athlone?! That should definatly be given back!

• Advertisement

Eireann wrote: »
    ah i love ballagh! Was there on sunday... And it snowed. Castlerea has barely changed since i was a child, it still looks the same. What about the rossie side of athlone?! That should definatly be given back!

Yea , but it snows every week in ballaghaderreen --even in August!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

:D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

But Elphin does not have whats known as the B specials??? in uniform!!
    And u know what B stands for hee hee
    not all bad--but a couple of Bs in ballaghaderreen
    one is called the PUP and theres a spot prize for the first poster who tells me what that stands for????????????

Nobody is on the same drugs as you here, your obviously too used to sniffing the contraband slurry from Elphin Mart

gucci wrote: »
    Nobody is on the same drugs as you here, your obviously too used to sniffing the contraband slurry from Elphin Mart

If you could read then you wud see I am not from Elphin
    And only losers do drugs!! You should know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

the award must go to castlerea,balla is not a bad little town.oh the fiddlers elbow:):)

bassy wrote: »
    the award must go to castlerea,balla is not a bad little town.oh the fiddlers elbow:):)

Ahh Castlerea. Spent a month there one night!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Castlerea...hands down.

The staring locals, the nosey begrudging shop assistants and the empty pubs.

Class A dive.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Castlerea...hands down.

Class A dive.

In fairness most pubs were empty yesterday!!:D

bohsboy wrote: »
    Castlerea...hands down.

Class A dive.

Still think we have a winner in Boring Old Ballaghaderreen

Still in the 70s I'm afraid

1870 i mean !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 quickylicky

Excuse me ye shower of hill billys ... i am currently situated n elphin nd it is a fantastic town so piss off bk 2 ur village!!!!!!!il hav u know tat it is very lively jus cos ye're probally a shower of stuck up f**kers!!:D:D:D:D

Advertisement