Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does 'B&M Motors' in Mullingar exist?

• 13-10-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just bought a vehicle in Mullingar and I am not from the area. There is a receipt for a new timing belt being fitted in 2012 by B&M Motors. The phone number (which is a mobile) doesn't work and there is no info online for the company.
    Does anyone local know if such a place exists or did exist and has since closed?
    Otherwise this is a bogus car seller.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

alltacht wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just bought a vehicle in Mullingar and I am not from the area. There is a receipt for a new timing belt being fitted in 2012 by B&M Motors. The phone number (which is a mobile) doesn't work and there is no info online for the company.
    Does anyone local know if such a place exists or did exist and has since closed?
    Otherwise this is a bogus car seller.

Thanks for any help.

According to https://search.cro.ie/company/ there is no such company or business name. So perhaps someone traded as B&M Motors without informing the CRO. But more than likely your version is closer. Never trust Tippex on a timing belt either, without a receipt to back it up. Unless you absolutely trust the seller. I see you obviously got a receipt.

There was also a BM Motors in Tyrone. Not so far from Mullingar and sometimes you get NI cars being sold as private down around the Midlands and Dublin by NI cowboys. Not reffering to this BM as that though.

You could always ring a few Mullingar motor factors and that might shed some light on things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

No listing in the midlands 2013 phone book or Golden pages that i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VladToBeHere

Could maybe be a wrong address?

facebook DOT com/bmmulticarparts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would imagine that the receipt is for the Parts only from BM Motor Factors in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭alltacht

Thanks everyone for your input, case is now closed. It's a fake receipt with a number that's out of service, written in the same handwriting as the seller has!

• Advertisement
Advertisement