Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Problems?

• 08-04-2010 5:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with their water this evening?
    This is what came out of my kitchen tap a few minutes ago. :eek:

I've been running the tap ever since and it's clearing a little, but still murky.
    I didn't get any notice of any repairs to the mains, but I can only assume the council are doing some work somewhere nearby.

DSC_0778.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't think boiling is going to help....

Yeuuuch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Haven't had a bother myself. Has it cleared up for you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That's at least 5% more murky than usual.

And it's brown instead of the usual white. Odd.

Probably a local water main is burst.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Still has some murkiness this morning, but significantly clearer than yesterday evening's offerings. We use of those Brita water filtering jugs all the time anyway, and it is catching the particulate matter, but I still wouldn't be inclined to drink it without boiling first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am up in Castaheany and water is fine. Hope it clears up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭tskk

Where are you living? Did that really come out of your tap? Ring Fingal co co asap. They are usually very good to tell you if work is happening in your area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I have just spoken to the Council and they are doing maintenance work on pumps in the Dunsinea area so that explains it.

Nasty stuff though, hope that sludge doesnt do any lasting damage to our dishwasher or washing machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

God forbid ... the dishwasher and washing machine break because of it!! I'm leaving home if they do !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭tskk

I'd put both the washing machine and dishwasher on its hottest cycle without any clothes/dishes or powder and clean out the pipes that way?

God forbid ... the dishwasher and washing machine break because of it!! I'm leaving home if they do !!!

Can I go with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It looks like Fingal have struck OIL.

This could mean the end to the recession :D

Advertisement