Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funtasia Water Park Drogheda

• 28-02-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Wondering about taking a school tour off here. Is it any use? The package includes some sky climb thing, bowling and roller blading, but I've heard the place has only 2 slides so it sounds kinda useless for a group of 100 teenagers.

Anyone been there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What are they offering price per head wise? if they are over the age of 13 forget it tbh.

Edit: now you have me remembering my old school tours, smamore castle was always #1 with a trip to the coca cola plant #2 :) they dont have mosney any more so thats out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

wayhey wrote: »
    Wondering about taking a school tour off here. Is it any use? The package includes some sky climb thing, bowling and roller blading, but I've heard the place has only 2 slides so it sounds kinda useless for a group of 100 teenagers.

Anyone been there?

The sky climb thing is class! Theres also a bungee jump, its pathethic as bungee jumps go but its still cool.

The bowling is pretty good too.

Then theres a wealth of arcade machines and pool there too.

The roller blading is just going round a track on roller blades pretty pointless and I doubt many would want to do it.

By slides do you mean that access to the water park is included too? I've never been into the water park but it looks decent enough, certainly better than Mosney's pool and it has a big vertical slide as well as a "bowl" slide and then has the traditional slides as well.

You can see info in there website

I'm 26 and I enjoy myself when I go there.

A bit of bowling, some arcade machines, a bit of pool, do the wall climb and some crazy golf and I have an enjoyable time :D

I'd try to get a package that includes bowling, the wall climb, crazy golf and get the roller blading dropped.

Theres also a food place in there so no need to drag them off elsewhere for food.

As calex says what age are they? And what are the alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

It's €19 a head, gets you food, they're 12/13.

It includes 2 hours pool, 1 hour climbing, 1 hour rollerblading, 1 hour bowling...crazy value but its in the evening and i don't want them bored out of their tree on 2 slides 20 minutes in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

It includes 2 hours pool, 1 hour climbing, 1 hour rollerblading, 1 hour bowling...crazy value but its in the evening and i don't want them bored out of their tree on 2 slides 20 minutes in...

it's in the evening? tutut give them the day off school :mad::P:pac:

I wouldnt pay 19euro unless the package included a break from the education for the day. :D

Sounds like fun though, might even go myself.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow that is a good deal if they get food aswell, god I wish this place was around when I was at school :D

One thing is for sure , they will deffo sleep well after all that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd try to substitute the roller blading for an hour of crazy golf if you can, they will definately be bored at the roller blading.

As for the two slides, they wont be bored as I said there is more than two slides in the pool as well as lots of other stuff.

If they do get bored they can always leave earlier than the two hours and use the arcade machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Anyone been there?

Pains me to say this as a proud Dundalk man, but it's a brilliant spot. :D

I'm 30 and enjoyed it when I went. Yes it could possibly do with more slides but there is plenty of other things to do inside and outside the pool. The kids will love it and €19 including food seems like great value for everything you've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

well I have a 14 year old and she goes down regularly with her mates, male and female, and they love it. They love the roller disco and the sky climb is amazing very scary looking. Good value for the 19euro.

Advertisement