Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relationships that develop from being friends first

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

shinesun wrote: »
    The attraction can def grow and you can develop an amazing chemistry with someone which in turn makes them great lovers and you want nothing more than to rip their clothes off every time you see them.

Of course, there are instances when you are both attracted to each other immediately.

Also, it can happen that you are attracted to someone, kiss them and that attraction is gone straight away.

Looks are nothing if there is nothing behind them. You do need to have some sort of connection.

I do think this can be developed from being friends first. Although I think it would be very awkward if it did not work out for whatever reason.

No fap challenge week 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

seachto7 wrote: »
    That's what I meant. Before you ever talk to them, you should be physically attracted to them. I don't see how it can develop...

It can though, in my own personal experience at least. I remember meeting this girl and my first impression of her was 'meh'. She seemed nice, but I could never saw myself finding her attractive.

However, down the line, we started hanging out a lot, and she was just this amazing, sweet, caring and downright awesome girl. I've never, and I still haven't, met anyone like her. Over time I developed romantic feelings for her, but she became more and more attractive. Now when I see her I think she's the most beautiful woman in the world, and if I got the chance, I'd love to rip the clothes off her! :P

In relation to the title of the post, we became best friends, and I fell head over in heels in love, I still really haven't completely gotten over her being truthful. It hasn't worked out for me, even though I'm convinced she had some feelings for me, she went for a guy she had been chasing for months before I had even met her. It broke my heart, but I don't regret taking the risk, because I want to be able to call my girlfriend my best-friend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I am definitely of the opinion feelings can grow over time, I have met many girls who I thought "meh" at first, and was crazy about them later on. Then there are other girls I thought were stunning when I met them on nights out, but later thought they were average. I'm sure many women feel the same way, but for me I just need to get to know someone before I know if I'd like to sleep with them, and sometimes I can't even tell if I've only spoken to them for 5 mins.

I have a good female friend, and she told me from a female perspective she doesn't think there is such a thing as a "friend zone". Now we are only friends, but she gave me that advice when I was talking to her about a girl I like, and part of me was worried I might have been in the friend zone.

Its a phrase that's thrown around to either force shy guys to bite the bullet or get over rejection. Some like to get to know the person first, others prefer to hit it off from their first meeting and have low expectations if the other party doesn't quite have his game on that first time around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've certainly seen friends into lovers in older couples(beyond say 30), but rarely enough, in my circle/life anyway.

Like Pug160 said though, people differ. EG I've never had a woman "grow on me" the way some folks are describing. Yes I've become more attracted to someone over time because I got to know them, but right from the start I'd have found them physically attractive. It was always a case of "oh she's cute/sexy/pretty, I wonder what else she's got going for her?". Personality and compatibility is vitally important and if they failed that test(or I did), then any interest would fizzle out, but that stuff never came first for me. I've had "wow" turn into "meh" alright, but never had "meh" turn into "wow". So in my case I've certainly, to coin a phrase "friendzoned" women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Hasn't happened to me but a lot of couples I know who are together years, first were friends. Some were completely platonic friends for 10 years before developing feelings for each other. It's not just romantic though, yes they develop feelings for them in that way but they also develop physical attraction that wasn't there from the start for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement