Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Unbelievable Truth??

• 17-03-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone watched this program on Net2 tuesdays.?

My GOD is it not the biggest pile of s*ite you've ever seen?

At first i said, ah sure i'll give the oul irish comedians a chance. And i watched ur mans previous show 'Blizzard of Odd' which i have to admit gave me a few laughs, now and again. So when rte started promoting this show o said "ah sure i'll give the oul irish comedians a chance" and gave it looksy!

But it turns out that you get drawn into watchin it and then realise....wait this is pure bol*ox!! The jokes are drawn out and get tiring at times, ur man whatever his name is, has the worst jokes of them all!!

Anyway gonna leave it there im too worked up.

Let me know wat people think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Yeah iv seen it, utter ****e.

But I dont like Colin Murphy anyway, I also seem to be the only one that doesnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I think 'The Blizzard of Odd' should make fun of this show for being so s**te.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I laughed at one line in this show about micheal flatley doing a hitler salute. But other then that it wasn't very good at all.

I think they should have just kept with The Blizzard of Odd format or get Colin Murphy to write for an Xit poll type show (The Daily Show, type show) but with a different presenter, I sometimes find that he talks to fast.

I was giving it a chance not because it was Irish but because it was colin murphy's new show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm sorry but you've all got it wrong. :-p

It's a pretty good show that keeps a regular stream of laughs gushing out imho.

But no one believes the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

It's still better than most things. And it slagged off bono yesterday, which happens to be my favourate passtime, the s**t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

In this country nobody really makes fun of Bono. Even this sad excuse for a programme didn't have a proper go at him. I'd love to kick Bono square in the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Ah, I liked the way it pointed out that while appering like a voice for the under-privileged, he is living it up in his dozen houses and his hotel. He's loaded from his iPod endorsments, his crap records(that i've heard the rest of the band do all the work on) and he still finds time to boost his, and George bloody Bush's profile, not to mention Tony Blair. No one listens to him, they just think their leaders must be cool if that guy with sunglasses says so. he probably gets paid for those appearances too.
    It's not as if he comes across as a nice guy, so why does everyone treat him like a god...I always thought he deserved one in the nuts so swing away Atrocity.....rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I agree with bazpaul, "The Unbelievable Truth" is very poor I have to say. I can see where they were going with it, but it lacks the talented writing needed to sustain a one-joke show for any length of time.

A pity, I was hoping it would be good - and I enjoy Colin Murphy in the Blizzard of Odd - maybe we're spoiled with Podge n Rodge, the durty sheep worriers!!??!

I wish I could have a go at doing a programme like this.
    That's the test really, if you're watching a satirical show and you're thinking you could do a better job then it doesn't stand up. A lot of people I've talked to think the same thing, there's opportunity to make a really funny program here, but it's being wasted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I agree that the show is bad but in general Colin Murphy can write some good stuff.

The Blizzard of Odd is good because Murphy had no pressure on him to come up with the goods. Now he does and I think its show now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul

Atrocity wrote:
    I wish I could have a go at doing a programme like this.
    That's the test really, if you're watching a satirical show and you're thinking you could do a better job then it doesn't stand up. A lot of people I've talked to think the same thing, there's opportunity to make a really funny program here, but it's being wasted.

yeah dead right Atrocity, i dunno if i could write good humour but i'd say i could come up with better than sum of the stuff he comes up with!

yeah dead right Atrocity, i dunno if i could write good humour but i'd say i could come up with better than sum of the stuff he comes up with!

www.rte.ie/ipu

Why not apply to do one so?

I don't know when the next application rounds are but they should become up soon or will end soon for the 2006/2007 season.

hmmm. This is my ticket out of here.

How about a humorous little sitcom where people's love lives intertwine, often with hilarious results!

How about a humorous little sitcom where people's love lives intertwine, often with hilarious results!

Sitcom + RTE (EVEN WHEN ANOTHER PRODUCTION COMPANY PRODUCES IT) = NOT FUNNY.......

Where do all the talented writers go in this country? They don't go to R.T.E...

Remember Camera Cafe? A friend who's doing film studies had one of those hip young PR guys from RTE visit the class and he claimed that this was going to be Ireland's answer to the Office. It was just embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's one of those shows that probably looked like a good idea on paper but the humour in it is just too tame and pointless to be of any worth. Why not really go after Flatley and Bono instead of just playfully taking the piss or better still go after celebs who are actually sacred cows just for shock value?

Oh and Blizzard of Odd isn't good either! The Harry Hill version on UTV even manages to be funnier and it's aimed at family viewers (and I don't even like Harry Hill either!). Honestly I'd only reccomend BoO to people getting ready to goto a funeral or recovering from a labotomy.

Colin Murphy sucks. That is all.

I agree. I don't understand the obsession with the Blizzard of Odd. It's so poor, that whole 'I'm so witty and edgy' approach only works if you are witty and edgy.

Remember Camera Cafe? A friend who's doing film studies had one of those hip young PR guys from RTE visit the class and he claimed that this was going to be Ireland's answer to the Office. It was just embarassing.

Ok! But emmmm! sorry to dissappoint the PR guy emmm how should I put this mmm. RTE just bought the scripts from an austrailian TV channel. :(
    Colin Murphy sucks. That is all.

Well I would disagree with that. I think the Blizzard of Odd can be great at reviewing TV in a witty way. He can even do some good reviews i.e. The Comeback.

I think they did produce to many of them this time round and he is running out of material. I don;t think this show suit him. He should be writting some thing like Xit Poll rather then presenting.

If you don't like a presenter that has nothing to do with the show. This show is muck. Colin Murphy is funny both on the panel and on the Blizzard of Odd.

Harry Hill is funny in an ITV mainstream kind of way. Oh well!

yeah well he was claiming it was Ireland's answer to the office, originality of the scripts or not. It was a pile of crap anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I thought Colin Murphy was alright on the Panel but jeez look at this crap he's doing. Blizzard of Odd was nearly ok..but the Unbelievable Truth is pushing it. At least the Blizzard of Odd has some interesting clips..even if they don't have any laugh out loud moments. The Unbelievable Truth is unbelievably boring..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I thought Colin Murphy was alright on the Panel but jeez look at this crap he's doing. Blizzard of Odd was nearly ok..but the Unbelievable Truth is pushing it. At least the Blizzard of Odd has some interesting clips..even if they don't have any laugh out loud moments. The Unbelievable Truth is unbelievably boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

My predictions for 2006/7:

Colm Murphy: Will still be appearing on the blizzard of odd, owing to the fact that its geniunely funny and, boards.ie notwithstaning, popular.

Atrocity: Sitting in bedsit watching tv saying "jaysus, sure i could do better meself" before wander off to catch up wit 'de lids' in flannerys and deciding that "westlife are so shìte like, we could do better ourselves"

Bono: Will still be doing more than any pop culture individual in our lifetimes to ease the pain and suffering of literally MILLIONS OF PEOPLE by forcing issues into the spotlight.

Posters like atrocity: Will be seen shouting 'I'd kick bono square in the nuts like' (although not too loud), trying to impress a first year nurse in rody bolands.

I'll have you know I've written episodes of Glenroe and Upwardly Mobile. I like the bedsit one though. As for Bono, even he's funnier than Colin Murphy. They should just have him talk for a half hour about the debt in Uganda, that would be funny as hell

I'll have you know I've written episodes of Glenroe and Upwardly Mobile.

Yeah! Now you really cann't say bad things about Colin Murphy. What ever about writing for Glenroe but writting for Upwardly Mobile. :(

Good Lord no, it was a joke

Colin Murphy is getting off lightly here, thanks to me. I managed to divert attention from the program

Advertisement