Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 7.5FX 20", with drop bars

• 12-06-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This my 2011 Trex 7.5FX 20" with On One Midge bars, Dura Ace Bar end shifters and Tektro RL520.

I bought the bike in April 2012, and have put up 6000 -7000KM, mainly summer commuting and fitness training and Sportives. I did the ROK on it last year. I take it down the canal towpath the odd time, its not a join the local cycling club type bike, more an all rounder.

I'm selling it as is but I will include the original bars, STIs, levers and stem.
    I took those off when I started cycling longer distances in 2013, once I got above 50K cycles, I found the lack of hand positions on the flat bar a bit of a pain.

The midge bars are dirt drops or shallow drops, they flare out so they are quite wide, much wider than that say a standard road drop bar. They allow the rider to keep a more upright but less aerodynamic profile on the bike, comfort more than speed. That said I kept up the peloton at the the tour de cure for the first 20 K into Youghal.

Tyres were replaced 500 K ago with Schwalbe marathon plus in 35mm.
    I've never had a puncture, with these or the original Bontragers.
    Frame and running gear is in good condition, theres the odd rub mark from the cables on the head tube.

The original unused saddle and peddles will be put back on, as I'm keeping the brooks, spd pedals,rack and computer for the new bike.

Fitting, it has a short 60 mm stem on at the moment, I am 5' 11" and inside leg is 30", 90 Kg. Hybrids are sized differently than road bikes, a 20" is a medium, say the equivalent of a 56cm in a road frame.

The bike rides and handles well, I can ride hands free and and it feels confident enough to build up speed on a down hill. On the flat I can punch it up to 40K (not for very long), the triple gives a good range of gearing for hills or a bit of a load on the rack. Fork is Carbon, that and the 35 tyres keep the road buzz down.

Price €450. (I think a new 2014 t7.5fx lists at €1000)
    Reason for sale, bought a steel light tourer.
    Located out near Naas.

Photos taken on todays commute and the earlier one from the ROK and Original spec attached below.

This turned out a bit longer than I thought, but hey might save a few questions.

Today, B'more Eustace
    310661.jpg

310662.jpg

310663.jpg

310664.jpg

Molls gap, last July
    310665.jpg

Original Spec.
    Colors - Metallic Black
    Size - 20"
    Frame - FX Alpha Black Aluminum
    Fork - Bontrager Nebula, carbon, SpeedTrap compatible
    Wheels - Bontrager SSR wheelset
    Tires - Bontrager Race All Weather Hard-Case, 700x32c
    Shifters - Shimano Deore, 9-speed trigger
    Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
    Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
    Crank - Shimano M443 Octalink, 48/36/26
    Cassette - SRAM PG-950 11-26, 9 speed
    Pedals - Alloy body w/alloy cage
    Saddle - Bontrager H2 Flex Form
    Seat Post - Bontrager Nebula
    Handlebars - Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone OS, 25mm rise
    Stem - Bontrager SSR, 10 degree
    Headset - Slimstak, semi-cartridge bearings, sealed
    Brakeset - Avid SD-3 brakes w/Tektro adjustable-reach levers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Update. I had the LBS remove the drop bars and put back on the original straight bars, gear and brake levers, saddle etc.
    Picking it up tomorrow will post and updated photo or two.

So it is now the way I bought it, any interest at €350 ?

Advertisement