Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Constitution Halts Sheriff Video

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Well done to this guy for what he did but he's the exact type of high pitched know it all that sickens me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

so who were the winners here ?
    the lawyers,the sheriff & his deputy,gards, all made monetary gains from this episode...
    loosers?
    the bank...not really they have the property now

A man and his special needs child who are left homeless ,

patt on the backs allround there for the "system"

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Hoffmans wrote: »
    the lawyers,the sheriff & his deputy,gards, all made monetary gains from this episode...
    loosers?

So he should be allowed stay in a house that's not his for free?

can i have one too please? preferably before tuesday which is rent day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Hoffmans wrote: »
    loosers?

They will not be homeless. The social welfare will provide emergency accomodation until permanent accomodation is found.

pirelli wrote: »
    " Lee Wellstead told the Irish Daily Star: “They cut the locks and took possession.”
    Is that simple enough for you Kayroo! A man with bolt cutters defeats any legal challenge and gets rid of the pesky constitution. Leaving cert history really was that simple but you obviously missed the point. Explain your victory please.

The bank owned the house. There was no legal challenge. The bank broke the locks on their own house. There's nothing wrong with that. Try and use an old Freeman mantra and educate yourself before you make such an obviously incorrect argument.

As for history: 19th century landlords artificially raised rents in order to secure the properties and re-let them at higher rates to larger tenants. The banks today repossess houses where the people cannot pay the mortgages they agreed to freely and at a time with historically low rates of interest. It's horrible and it's destructive and it should happen as rarely as possible but when people try this nonsense it demeans the dignity of people who work and scrimp and sacrifice to save their homes as others try and save them through nothing more than physical intimidation and bull**** pseudo-legal philosophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Second, this type of shallow and vague style posts may fly in After Hours and to some extent Politics, but if you want to continue to post here you need to be slightly more in-depth vis-à-vis your legal argument. You seem to be purposely missing/misrepresenting the issues here.

You should read the OP because i am not missing the issue here, Kayroo is.

Here is the OP post.
    Also at the end he starts comparing natural law to common law.

Again, I feel huge sympathy towards the families who are losing their homes but, and want to stress that it was good to see this man fight them off.

What I want to know is your views on the man who keeps quoting articles of the constitution and common law, which to me it appears he just read up on them without reading up and decisions of the courts on how they would interpret articles of the constitution. Also he keeps mentioning common law out of context in my opinion.

In keeping with the theme of the post you can see the OP has huge sympathy towards the families and stresses that it was good to see this man fight them off.

This Thread was opened on the 22nd of February some months after the judgement where the final stay expired on the 10th of January 2012.

This thread was purely academic based on the legal principles of what the constitution waving man was saying and with the OP stressing his sympathy and saying it was good to see them fight them off . Some posters with legal knowledge did answer the OP.

Kayroo claims it was a victory against the constitution waving man when recently a Locksmith with bolt cutters into the house and changed the locks. I take it Freudian slippers agrees with him.

So I ask again how is the changing of locks a victory or how it is in any way relevant to the theme of the OP or indeed the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

By repeating from his post that he has missed the point, or using the word simplistic you can call me out in bold letters as being sniping or being insulting?

I have compared both posts and it appears that you are completely wrong and biased.

You should read the OP because i am not missing the issue here, Kayroo is.

Here is the OP post.

In keeping with the theme of the post you can see the OP has huge sympathy towards the families and stresses that it was good to see this man fight them off.

This Thread was opened on the 22nd of February some months after the judgement where the final stay expired on the 10th of January 2012.

This thread was purely academic with the OP stressing his sympathy and saying it was good to see them fight them off. Some posters with legal knowledge did answer the OP.

Kayroo claims it was a victory against the constitution waving man when recently a Locksmith with bolt cutters into the house and changed the locks. I take it Freudian slippers agrees with him.

So I ask again how is the changing of locks a victory or how it is in any way relevant to the theme of the OP or indeed the thread.

OP here, I was sympathising with the family and expressed that it was good to see they got to keep their home, and it is never good to see families get their home repossessed, but as other posters have said: you enter into an agreement with a financial institution and under the terms you are to pay them back and failure to do this will result in the property being repossessed, if they got to keep it then the argument falls to people saying "why can't I default on paying back my mortgage and get a free house, it doesn't work that way no matter how sad it is to see happen.

However this was not the theme of the post, I wanted to see a discussion on the legal principles and arguments surrounding it, I knew most of what the idiot waving around the constitution was saying was bull plop, and I knew what he was saying about common law was bull plop.

It was to be a legal themed thread directed at what would happen to the family from a legal stand point aside from the sympathy extended towards this family and other such families being subjected to repossession. I wanted a discussion on how the law was not on the guy in the video's side and how such videos would only give people false hope as I knew the legal stuff he was shouting about was all false as you can see my OP, it was to be mostly themed on the legal arguments, obviously there was going to be other arguments put in but I wanted to see the legal view of people, I was merely extending my sympathy to people who get homes repossessed, no one wants to see that happen.

The bank owned the house. There was no legal challenge. The bank broke the locks on their own house. There's nothing wrong with that. Try and use an old Freeman mantra and educate yourself before you make such an obviously incorrect argument.

As for history: 19th century landlords artificially raised rents in order to secure the properties and re-let them at higher rates to larger tenants. The banks today repossess houses where the people cannot pay the mortgages they agreed to freely and at a time with historically low rates of interest. It's horrible and it's destructive and it should happen as rarely as possible but when people try this nonsense it demeans the dignity of people who work and scrimp and sacrifice to save their homes as others try and save them through nothing more than physical intimidation and bull**** pseudo-legal philosophy.

Absentee landlords and the 'middleman system' was the chapter if I recall and it was in Mayo during the 'land war' where tenant's were given a ten percent reduction in rents due to a bad harvest. Tenant's then protested and demanded 25 % reduction in rents which was refused and when 11 tenants were being evicted which is depicted in the picture, Charles Stewart Parnell proposed that rather than violence that people should shun the farmers taking the evicted tenants property.

Rack-rents were used in order to avoid paying compensation to tenant's evicted for causes other than non payment of rent. There was a bill that rent's could not be 'excessive' but the House of Lords changed that word to
    'exorbitant' and that is when landlord's abused the system.

chops018 wrote: »
    OP here, I was sympathising with the family and expressed that it was good to see they got to keep their home. However this was not the theme of the post, I wanted to see a discussion on the legal principles and arguments surrounding it, I knew most of what the idiot waving around the constitution was saying was bull plop, and I knew what he was saying about common law was bull plop.

It was to be a legal themed thread directed at what would happen to the family from a legal stand point aside from the sympathy extended towards this family and other such families being subjected to repossession. I wanted a discussion on how the law was not on the guy in the video's side and how such videos would only give people false hope as I knew the legal stuff he was shouting about was all false as you can see my OP.

That is what I meant when I said the thread was purely academic. It was to discuss the legal principles of what the man was saying in the video. The stay had already expired. After reading the thread there isn't much depth into that discussion. A few posters explained the common law better and Tom Young
    posted about the constitution other than that it began to deteriorate into another victory for us and defeat for them.

My point is that the The lock smith and bolt cutter's changing the locks cannot possible been seen as a victory against the constitution waving man. Kayroo's claims the constitution waving man is defeated at this action. This action is irrelevant to the validity of what the constitution waving man is saying which may or may not be complete rubbish.

Whether it is rubbish or not does not make my post any less relevant or the plight suffered by the family any less deserving of sympathy. Kayroo tries to turn their eviction into an academic or legal victory.

EDIT: Also your references to Irish history are simplistic and overly populist, not to mention utterly pointless as the analogy does not stand up to any scrutiny to anyone with even a cursory understanding of the Land League and the issues surrounding it.

My references to Irish history are far more accurate than your's.

You say they agreed freely at a time with historically low rates of interest.

Historical quote from the books:
    From 1874 agricultural prices in Europe had dropped, followed by some bad harvests due to wet weather during the Long Depression. The effect by 1878 was that many Irish farmers were unable to pay the rents that they had agreed, particularly in the poorer and wetter parts of Connacht. The localised 1879 Famine added to the misery. Unlike other parts of Europe the Irish land tenure system was inflexible in times of hardship.

Would you or would not entertain the notion that the financial crisis and recession and property crash have not created a bad harvest leaving people unable and in your own words to pay monthly rates they had agreed at a time when like Irish farmers in the 19th century times were good. Are the banks and courts not being inflexible in times of hardship.

While reducing rack rents was one of the aims of the Land League it was only a small part of why evictions were happening. Instead of the Asbourne act 1885 we had the 2009 IMF/EU package to be repaid on more or less the same percentages but at the time we agreed to the IMF/EU it was a much higher than the Ashbourne act offered the irish farmer and yet we agreed to it.

The Irish tenant does not get as much from the IMF/EU package as they would get from the Asbourne act but then again the consequences are not so deadly for the evicted today as they were in the 19th century when the land was their only means of surviving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Would you or would not entertain the notion that the financial crisis and recession and property crash have not created a bad harvest leaving people unable and in your own words to pay monthly rates they had agreed at a time when like Irish farmers in the 19th century times were good. Are the banks and courts not being inflexible in times of hardship.

To my mind comparing renters to mortgage-holders is a debatable strategy. Nobody wants to see people get evicted from their homes, but the fact is that these people owe a lot of money that they don't have the ability to pay back. That is not the case for renters. Other than a complete change in the way we deal with mortgages, eventual eviction is the only way this can be dealt with. Changing that fact would need either heavy government investment or much higher interest rates as banks deal with the increased risk.

Zab wrote: »
    To my mind comparing renters to mortgage-holders is a debatable strategy. Nobody wants to see people get evicted from their homes, but the fact is that these people owe a lot of money that they don't have the ability to pay back. That is not the case for renters. Other than a complete change in the way we deal with mortgages, eventual eviction is the only way this can be dealt with. Changing that fact would need either heavy government investment or much higher interest rates as banks deal with the increased risk.

Putting aside the fairness of evicting different classes of mortgage holder's and renters and their circumstances. Just based on the fact the stay had already expired before thread was started.

My question to Kayroo was how has a media story of a cunning man with boltcutter's and a locksmith thereby effecting a eviction have caused the defeat of the 'constitution waving man' in the video and how does this justify another merry sing song by crowd from the London Charivari ?

kayroo could you make an argument to challenge the jurisdiction of the County Registrar to make the order for possession in this case. I believe that was where the thread was going.
    Robbo wrote: »
    Going back to the original video, according to the text at the start the "Serif" was halted by this fantastic display of woo. This text was in the font that makes people vomit from their eyeballs: Comic Sans.

There's obviously some kind of typesetting conspiracy going on here. We're through the looking glass people.

If someone were to overthrow the oppressors who favour Times New Roman and other lizard men approved serif fonts, the resulting story could be published as "V for Verdana"? Would the rebels split into factions of Upper Caseists and Lower Caseists?

In the 19th century Ireland Rack- renting was prevented by law and the courts would rule that rents must not be excessive.

However while drawing up the various land act's it was a lord from the house of Lords that amended a single word in the Bill and substituted "exorbitant" in place of the word "excessive" so that the courts no longer could rule favourably for tenants and landlord's began rack -renting again.

So ironically it was a single typo that in a small part led to the formation of the land League and the Land war.

My question to Kayroo was how has a media story of a cunning man with boltcutter's and a locksmith thereby effecting a eviction have caused the defeat of the 'constitution waving man' in the video and how does this justify another merry sing song by crowd from the London Charivari ?

kayroo could you make an argument to challenge the jurisdiction of the County Registrar to make the order for possession in this case. I believe that was where the thread was going.

1. If someone who doesn't own my house locks me out of it I am entitled to break those locks to re-enter my property. That's what happened here.

2. I have no issue with someone using the proper processes of the law to challenge the banks. In fact I would actively encourage it in some circumstances. However to gather a large group of men trying to drum up publicity for a nonsense pseudo-legal position that hurts people and leaves them in far worse positions than they would otherwise find themselves in is despicable. To then claim, after intimidating officers of the law and an official acting in a perfectly lawful manner, that they have somehow "won" and to try and parley this into national publicity for their moronic position in an attempt to gain new acolytes for their nonsense is simply evil.

3. Nobody here is acting in a manner even comparable to Punch so why don't you put that stupid rhetorical gun down and we can discuss this properly?

As for the County Registrar:

I'm not a fan of the dual role of County Registrars and I would bet any sum of money neither are they. It's a function I would imagine they'd be quite happy to leave behind. However I have no intention of making a jurisdictional argument about it for any number of obvious reasons, not least of which is that any argument I may posit here could have unintended consequences if someone attempted to make it themselves in a real setting and either (a) I was wrong and/or; (b) they didn't get the point of the argument I was making. I'm sure you can appreciate my concern. I'd be quite the hypocrite if I criticised the Freemen for reckless and dangerous proffering of advices and then engaged in the same practice myself.

One thing that you seem to be missing in all this though Pirelli is that the defeat of this one Freeman has one negative outcome, his eviction, but the effect of his video has many many negative outcomes as more and more people try this nonsense and lose their homes. There are undoubtedly cases where people will have a valid defence and had they consulted a legal professional or a FLAC they may have had an opportunity to save their homes (the Dunne J judgment on the Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act that was taken by New Beginnings is an excellent example) but because they put stock in these Freemen they will never properly defend themselves and will lose their homes as valid arguments are put aside in favour of Freeman nonsense. It's dangerous and it's insidious and it is not the fault of a single person here who revels in the defeat of a Freeman as the victory is not against the man but against the insane pseudo-legal reasoning and its gurus who espouse this nonsense.

To then claim, after intimidating officers of the law and an official acting in a perfectly lawful manner, that they have somehow "won" and to try and parley this into national publicity for their moronic position in an attempt to gain new acolytes for their nonsense is simply evil.

Kayroo's views and Freuden slippers views about freemen verge on the extreme.

Is it not ridiculous to call this man in the video evil when he is clearly a man of good character and amicable disposition who interestingly may just have a point about the jurisdiction of the county registrar and even if he doesn't he clearly believes some of his philosophy.

If you believe this man is evil then what are Gardai and others who just as brazenly lie and perjure evidence and cause miscarriages of justice and worse travesties of justice. Those Gardai that will mislead the people and the media and the wrongly accused family's and friends.Worse still the barrister whose job it was to review the case not admitting his mistake. To fabricate lies like this does cause harm to other people and lead them into conflicts with each other which can lead to problems with the law. I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Were the Land league not at some point in conflict with the Law of the land were they evil?.

I just have to wonder if you really understand what evil is and if people are as naive as you view them; then surely a barrister and solicitor who pressure an innocent man to take a guilty plea are evil?

Am i evil for bringing miscarriage of justice into the thread?

3. Nobody here is acting in a manner even comparable to Punch so why don't you put that stupid rhetorical gun down and we can discuss this properly?

May I load my rhetorical gun with some examples...No offence to the poster's or their sense of humour.

Robbo wrote: »
    Going back to the original video, according to the text at the start the "Serif" was halted by this fantastic display of woo. This text was in the font that makes people vomit from their eyeballs: Comic Sans.

There's obviously some kind of typesetting conspiracy going on here. We're through the looking glass people.

If someone were to overthrow the oppressors who favour Times New Roman and other lizard men approved serif fonts, the resulting story could be published as "V for Verdana"? Would the rebels split into factions of Upper Caseists and Lower Caseists?
    House repossessions don't just happen. This lad tried to intimidate officers of the law and escape a lawful debt by a combination of implied violence and what amounts to an attempt to cast a magic spell.
    I don't know why people are complaining about the Freemen. They are hilarious.

I loved the concept so much that I decided to become one.

So on the eve of my graduation as a Freeman, I got into my car after 25 pints (having discarded my tax and insurance discs as unneccessary nods to useless statutes). I crashed into a wall on the way home, but hey, no harm done.

The cops arrived and I made sure to ask them if they were on their oath. They told me to breathe into a bag. I declined to contract to this Road Traffic Act nonsense. I did not breathe into the bag.

They asked me for my licence but I didn't give it. They searched me and found my licence - a hangover from previous days as a serf. They asked me about my name and address and I replied - "allegedly".

To cut a long story short, I ended up in court. I asked the judge if I could see his oath. He didn't think an oath was perceptible to the human eye.

I didn't plead guilty, so the judge entered a plea of not guilty on my behalf. I didn't consent to that and I reserved the full rights of common law and the Constitution. I made sure to stay in the public gallery though, to avoid straying into the maritime jurisdiction of Naas District Court.

So the judge tells me he's sending me to prison, for refusing to give a sample and other previous 'offences'.

Jail sentence eh? Let's see what the Magna Carta has to say about that!

Freemen abú!

"it is public or private law that applies"

Because if the Judge says its private law, then you have to get off because the Court is in public. And also, because if people hear the Judge talk about the law, its not private and you've got him.

Also, if the Judge coughs as he says it, and you cough at the same time, then you are equals, and a Judge can't be a Judge in his own cause. This applies to sneezes also, but not sniffles. That would be silly.

If the Judge says public law, then you knock the bench three times, and he has to let you go, but only if the knocks don't echo. If the knocks echo, then you have to ask the Judge for his oath.

The real secret, is that if you say the Judge's name backwards, then you get a cake and a present.
    I read up to there on Congojack's post and I thought it was another post wading in on the side of intelligence and common sense. I stopped reading after the second sentence when I realised it was not to be.

The quote from Enda was a good touch. However, it would have had more impact (and God forbid, relevance) had the quote been:

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home, and I for one refuse to contract with the entity know as Ireland Incorporated and I hereby destroy my own Certificate of Birth hereby frustrating any attempts by this Corporation to contract with me, Enda of the family Kenny, a real human person, Purple Monkey Dishwasher."
    Time to call in a tactical nuclear strike on their location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The evil is the bit where they recruit vulnerable and desperate people to their beliefs with false promises of salvation. Much like a cult.

MagicSean wrote: »
    The evil is the bit where they recruit vulnerable and desperate people to their beliefs with false promises of salvation. Much like a cult.

I'm glad to see it was obvious to some that I was referring to the Freemen gurus as evil rather than anyone duped by them like this man.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Pirelli, can I ask how you know those posters were doing a parody? I mean, when we look at some of the fremen beliefs, such as signing your name in blue ink, how do you tell if that is a fremen belief or they are just being sarcastic?

I mean, is that any more ridiculous than Avartaghs view that if you cough at the same time as the judge the judge has to recuse himself?

How do we tell fantasy from reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Pirelli, can I ask how you know those posters were doing a parody? I mean, when we look at some of the fremen beliefs, such as signing your name in blue ink, how do you tell if that is a fremen belief or they are just being sarcastic?

I mean, is that any more ridiculous than Avartaghs view that if you cough at the same time as the judge the judge has to recuse himself?

I was listening to one of their radio shows there a while back.

Some distraught single mother rang in, panicking because the ESB were threatening to cut her off and she had no money to pay the bill. What would she do? How could she provide for her kids with no electricity?

The advice she was giving, by one of these freeman gurus, was to go to her GP and request a prescritpion for free electricity. She had a medical card, so it would cost her nothing.

The guru explained, that since all electricity is produced using natural resources found in Ireland (yes I know that's not exactly true), as a sovereign citizen of the state, she was entitled to free electricity.

After hearing that piece of advice, it made me very angry. But afterwards, thinking it thru, deep down I felt it was all a pisstake.

Freemanism reminds me of creationists, you're just never sure if they're real or are slyly taking the mickey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Finnbar01 wrote: »

I was listening to one of their radio shows there a while back.

Some distraught single mother rang in, panicking because the ESB were threatening to cut her off and she had no money to pay the bill. What would she do? How could she provide for her kids with no electricity?

The advice she was giving, by one of these freeman gurus, was to go to her GP and request a prescritpion for free electricity. She had a medical card, so it would cost her nothing.

The guru explained, that since all electricity is produced using natural resources found in Ireland (yes I know that's not exactly true), as a sovereign citizen of the state, she was entitled to free electricity.

After hearing that piece of advice, it made me very angry. But afterwards, thinking it thru, deep down I felt it was all a pisstake.

Freemanism reminds me of creationists, you're just never sure if they're real or are slyly taking the mickey.

So they actually do believe that you are entitled to get everything you want for free and not have to pay taxes for it. Where do I sign up?

What about people without a medical card, I wonder?

I'm glad to see it was obvious to some that I was referring to the Freemen gurus as evil rather than anyone duped by them like this man.

What Guru's? Freeman are a result of the economic climate, an ideology from a bygone era. Freeman ism as far as you and i are concerned is a form of pseudolegal woo and for others maybe a way of life. In fact woo might not necessarily be the right word.

These people learn about the concept online i would imagine and are the product of a trend, there is no cult. Who are the Guru's you refer to. You speak of magic spell's and so forth. Are the Guru's mythical beings that no one knows who they are. Perhaps since they passed away hundreds of years ago.

Kayroo your verging on eccentric in my opinion and while it may be shocking and insulting to see these people behave in this fashion before the courts it isn't because they have been brain washed or inducted into some cult, it is likely they have learned about an ideology that appeals to them and adopt it as a lifestyle choice.

You whole basis for your argument is your frustration with the pseudolegal woo that freeman use. Your denying people the right to freedom of choice and expression and to make their own lifestyle choices. I find you equally oppressive in your views.

We have had cure head's and Marlyin Manson fans dressed up in elaborate costumes and we have had hippies and Hare Krishna and all sort's of people.
    In fact the law has taken it upon itself to protect these people from discrimination.

Freeman strike me as people that don't want anything from the law, i think not being understood is important to them and do they enjoy not being defined and categorised and labelled and branded into the law.

Being a freeman appears to be no different than sitting peacefully as hippy's protesting Tree's being cut down or a vegetarian arguing with a supermarket selling meat. They seem to centre around harmless cases involving interference in their right to live freely or move freely.

To call them or their so called guru's evil is ridiculous.( You have yet to identify how this brain washing is happening, do gurus arrive from england and knock on the family of sludds door and brain wash him)

Their pseudolegal woo is frustrating but is in no way evil and therefore freemanism is not what you find evil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

KAYROO:
    I asked you to explain if high ranking corrupt Garda like in the Shortt case in Donegal and Bailey case in cork (as examples only) were actively and criminally misleading members of the judiciary and society and media about the guilt of an innocent person and covering up a false arrest and the planting of evidence and pressuring many younger lower ranking Gardai into secrecy not a product of the same evil that you claim Guru's of freemanism are.
    I also asked how a barrister and solicitor can pressure a youth who is claiming to be innocent of a crime to take a guilty plea and not be considered as evil as Kayroo views freemanism gurus evil. How are they not evil ? Please explain that.

How is that relevant at any time? The Freeman movement is like early scientology in how it operates.

I have no issue with someone using the proper processes of the law to challenge the banks. In fact I would actively encourage it in some circumstances. However to gather a large group of men trying to drum up publicity for a nonsense pseudo-legal position that hurts people and leaves them in far worse positions than they would otherwise find themselves in is despicable. To then claim, after intimidating officers of the law and an official acting in a perfectly lawful manner, that they have somehow "won" and to try and parley this into national publicity for their moronic position in an attempt to gain new acolytes for their nonsense is simply evil.

This video in this thread is an irish organisation with an aim to help people who are losing their homes. Therefore that irish organisation is a product no doubt of ireland's culture and history and the result is a hybrid of our own historical concepts and Freeman ism. What you find evil is not freemanism but a betrayal of our heritage and past concepts getting mixed up in this pseudolegal woo.

Of Fenianism and Freemanism i would imagine Fenianism is viewed with a much greater fear by British society and seen as a much greater evil than Freemanism.

In ireland that view while very different socially it would legally be the same as that in Britain as we know from the famous defamation case.

This hybrid form of thinking is what is upsetting you and not freemanism which is just a harmless way of life. I am tired of your insults and patronising.

May i point out that Freemanism and this irish organisation in the video are two very distinct things. It is only this organisations aims to help evicted land owners that you claim to be evil.

Freemanism is a general and wide ranging lifestyle and not guru's representing homeowners. Ironically i have been asked to read up on this by a poster here and it's not surprising that some of you and in particular Kayroo are mislead on Freemanism and what they believe is evil.

Kayroo:
    I asked you to explain if high ranking corrupt Garda like in the Shortt case in Donegal and Bailey case in cork (as examples only) were actively and criminally misleading members of the judiciary and society and media about the guilt of an innocent person and covering up a false arrest and the planting of evidence and pressuring many younger lower ranking Gardai into secrecy not a product of the same evil that you claim Guru's of freemanism are.
    I also asked how a barrister and solicitor can pressure a youth who is claiming to be innocent of a crime to take a guilty plea and not be considered as evil as Kayroo views freemanism gurus evil. How are they not evil ? Please explain that.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

14:00 tomorrow.

This video in this thread is an irish organisation with an aim to help people who are losing their homes.

No it's not at all. It's a group of men intimidating a public official and two members of the Gardaí in the exercise of a perfectly legal duty. The justification for that action is a demonstrably false and misleading conspiracy theory that sucks people in with the promise of helping them but never, not once, not ever has it ever yielded a win for the Freemen or for the poor people that they use to play their conspiracy game.

These people believe the Bar is an acronym for British Accredited Registry and that all barristers swear an oath of fealty to the Queen. You really think this is a group on the level?

Kayroo:
    I asked you to explain if high ranking corrupt Garda like in the Shortt case [...] Please explain that.

You're conflating two entirely different matters to try and cloud the issue at hand. I have no intention of defending or explaining the actions of any of the people you mentioned as, in the context of this thread, it's utterly pointless.

How is that relevant at any time? The Freeman movement is like early scientology in how it operates.
    You're conflating two entirely different matters to try and cloud the issue at hand. I have no intention of defending or explaining the actions of any of the people you mentioned as, in the context of this thread, it's utterly pointless.

Freemanism has no ties as far as i know with Scientology and i think that on the subject of law that our police force has more relevance than Scientology would have to this thread.

Do you wish me to research how Scientology operates to best answer your question. I will if you wish but let's look at the main question in this thread.

The jurisdiction of the county registrar. This has closer ties to the Garda siochana than Scientology.

In the final report from the criminal Law review group from department of justice and equality 2007.

In this review it is said that is somewhat anomalous that what amounts to the code of conduct for the questioning of suspects by members of the Gardai should continue to rest on extra - judicial views of a numbers of english judges in 1912 and 1922. In our present constitutional system it might be regarded as a breach of of the separation of powers for the judicial branch to make formal or quasi formal rules of the kind regulating the conduct of person ( in this instance, members of An Garda siochana) for whom the Minister for justice and equality and law reform had ultimate democratic responsibility under article 28 of the constitution.

The reason for this statement is because in 1912 the judges in england drew up four rules as a guide for police officers in respect of communications by police with suspects of crimes and prisoners.These rules are also known as the judges rules of 1922. They do not have the force of law but administrative directions however should you not follow these rules or obtain statements contrary to the spirit of these rules those statements may be rejected as evidence by presiding judge.

In this thread some posters say the decision of the county registrar in mortgage cases is an executive act, a judicial act, not an executive act, a quasi- judical decision etc....

However it is just another are of the law in great need review and maybe even new legislation and for that reason i think Ben Gilroy has no more raised a concern the law reform have been raising fro sometime and cannot in any sense of the word be accused of being evil.

Tom Young wrote: »
    This is just wrong. The man cited Art 40.5 of the Constitution and neglected to continue on: "save in accordance with law".

If the Court order granting Judgment, as charged against the property and indeed the Order for Possession has been aired in Court, with both sides on notice - then it has the full force of the Law in Ireland. This mere puff about the Common Law and Constitution is nonsense.

The occupants and protesters were trespassing on property held in the sole name of the Bank.

The arguments made by the spokesman are completely confused, without merit and may end-up giving people on the brink of repossession orders (bona fide ones at that) false hope.

These movements are wrong. The bank has title to that property now and not the occupant. The fight should have taken place earlier.

The enforcement of the order is a problem, next comes either an injunction or a committal warrant for the imprisonment of the occupants for failure to comply with a court order. Not ideal.

His interpretation of the constitution may be correct if indeed the above judge rules of 1922 are not a force of law than it may well be the case that the county registrar making judgements has no force of law as in this instance the county registrar made the judgement not a court. I don't know maybe or maybe not?

However if they have no force of law than you cannot use the words "save in accordance with the law" and therefore for that reason you cannot dismiss the constitution based on the reasons Tom young has given.

As for the county registrar none of you agree with the other. So until such a time.......

Maybe if the bank owns the property, but that was not the argument in the first place. This group is no more evil than the tenant right league group of 1850 that led to the Land league. We should have some respect for the our history and what these people are trying to do. Men like Charles Stewart Parnell and Michael Davitt were imprisoned such was the conflict of the land league with the law and yet here we are in a system peppered with quasi formal rules regulating the powers that be and ye denounce these men as evil. Would we be happy to see them in prison no doubt as gurus of freemanism or to be rehabilitated from it.

Finally there are no connections whatsoever with these citizens and freemanism and where are you drawing these parallels from. None of us seem to agree with each other on any of the salient points of the jurisdiction and power of the county registrar.

I warned you of the dangers of labelling people freeman and once again we have a clear cut case of freeman discrimination by the boards law forum society.ie

A barrister and solicitor that compel a man who claims he is innocent to take a guilty plea are evil. You wishing not to be a hypocrite Kayroo might agree...settle with me that is closer to your definition of evil.

Apparently both an appeal and an application for leave for judicial review were brought for this order for possession, both of which failed.
    http://courts.ie/judgments.nsf/6681dee4565ecf2c80256e7e0052005b/c0e389b2af58a93c8025797a0052eff3?OpenDocument

Did you read this judgment Pirelli?

A barrister and solicitor that compel a man who claims he is innocent to take a guilty plea are evil. You wishing not to be a hypocrite Kayroo might agree...settle with me that is closer to your definition of evil.

Why do you continue to bring matters that are not actually part of this thread into discussion? The above quote, the Judge's Rules, Punch magazine, all of these were brought in by you and do nothing but muddy the waters in what is, at the most basic level, a pretty straightforward discussion about how these men tried to stop the owner of a property from enforcing their constitutionally guaranteed property rights.

By the by I never said the County Registrar didn't have the power to give judgment, nor that the aforesaid power should be challenged on some separation of powers ground, but what I actually said was that the power is one which would be better vested in a different office and I think that many County Registrars would agree with that as certainly it's not a power I would wager many of them relish having.

Why do you continue to bring matters that are not actually part of this thread into discussion? The above quote, the Judge's Rules, Punch magazine, all of these were brought in by you and do nothing but muddy the waters in what is, at the most basic level, a pretty straightforward discussion about how these men tried to stop the owner of a property from enforcing their constitutionally guaranteed property rights.

By the by I never said the County Registrar didn't have the power to give judgment, nor that the aforesaid power should be challenged on some separation of powers ground, but what I actually said was that the power is one which would be better vested in a different office and I think that many County Registrars would agree with that as certainly it's not a power I would wager many of them relish having.

You brought freemanism into this which was completely irrelevant and on the back of this you implied that the man in the video was evil which is both defamatory and wrong. Your throwing mud which fly's in the face of the charter but of course once it's anti- freeman than it's the popular view amongst the boards legal woo.

I likened you to the royal commission reading punch magazine laughing at the 'evil' Parnell and Davitt as they sat in jail.

Tom Young wrote: »
    This is just wrong. The man cited Art 40.5 of the Constitution and neglected to continue on: "save in accordance with law".

If the Court order granting Judgment, as charged against the property and indeed the Order for Possession has been aired in Court, with both sides on notice - then it has the full force of the Law in Ireland. This mere puff about the Common Law and Constitution is nonsense.

The occupants and protesters were trespassing on property held in the sole name of the Bank.

The arguments made by the spokesman are completely confused, without merit and may end-up giving people on the brink of repossession orders (bona fide ones at that) false hope.

These movements are wrong. The bank has title to that property now and not the occupant. The fight should have taken place earlier.

The enforcement of the order is a problem, next comes either an injunction or a committal warrant for the imprisonment of the occupants for failure to comply with a court order. Not ideal.

Yes i read it.
    Leo Wellstead
    And
    Judge Michael White and Paul Fetherstonhaugh

Following default in repayments, the bank instituted ejectment proceedings, and ultimately an order was made by the County Registrar.

At the end of that six month period the applicant sought a further stay but was refused by the County Registrar.

Order 18
    http://www.courts.ie/rules.nsf/6cc6644045a5c09a80256db700399505/1d9c564a18b375b280256d94005fe9c6?OpenDocument

SECOND SCHEDULE
    Orders Which can be Made by County Registrars
    Section 34 .
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1995/en/act/pub/0031/sched2.html#sched2

I can not see where in the schedule it authorises the county registrar to make such an order but i would imagine they have an authority as the deputy sheriff in the video says they have been doing this for years so they must be authorised.

However if the registrar does have that authority would there role become less law and more administrative if they were to also sign the order for possession. As the man in the video points out.

Would that signature have the force of the law or the rule of law?

• Advertisement

Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009, is where you should check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement