Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Don't know what Glenda's fee is but on a per minute it must be phenomenal .

I will willingly go outside Pat Kenny's house tomorrow and mouth it off if I can get the appearance fee for two years..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Don't know what Glenda's fee is but on a per minute it must be phenomenal .
    The blame lies with Vinny and his producer, if they're going to invite people on to discuss the newspapers they should allow ample time for them to make a contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The blame lies with Vinny and his producer, if they're going to invite people on to discuss the newspapers they should allow ample time for them to make a contribution.

Glenda has been on VB and scratched her ass before MrsD....

Would she not have even made a contribution a condition before an appearance again?........ (subject to VB...of course...:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I just hope Padraig Nally wasn't watching tonight when Browne did a hatchet job on his good name without mentioning the fact that the man was living in fear of his life after being broken into numerous times.

It's easy for Browne to take the high moral ground living in a well to do area where the guards are just a quick phone call away.

Bit different though if your poor and in a rural area.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Vinny takes a commercial break with only five minutes of the show left, then says '' when we come back we'll finish this discussion, read the tweets, and review the morning papers''.
    Yeah, right!

• Advertisement

It's easy for Browne to take the high moral ground living in a well to do area where the guards are just a quick phone call away.

Bit different though if your poor and in a rural area.
    For the record, Vinny has previously mentioned that his old home (he sold it last year) was broken into at least twice. Presumably, that would give him some understanding of what it is like to have a home violated by burglars, would it not?

For the record, Vinny has previously mentioned that his old home (he sold it last year) was broken into at least twice. Presumably, that would give him some understanding of what it is like to have a home violated by burglars, would it not?

He wasn't there at the time though, and like I said before I would imagine the Guards would get there alot quicker to his place than they would to a rural farmer.

Was VB sitting alone in his shed at night out of fear of being broken into?

I doubt it.

You live in Clare, which like Galway and many other areas has large rural populations.

Therefore I'm assuming you get the point I am making here.

Indeed I do understand your point but I was just challenging you on your remark about Vincent ....

I know lots of people who live in cities who are every bit as terrified of having their homes broken in to as people living in rural areas and some might say that there is more of a likelihood of being robbed if you live in a leafy Dublin area.

I think that Vincent handled the whole Padraig Nally thing badly tonight, he managed to get Calleary to condemn the actions of Nally. He then went on to reprimand Calleary before finally pointing out that Nally had been acquitted.

Indeed I do understand your point but I was just challenging you on your remark about Vincent ....

I know lots of people who live in cities who are every bit as terrified of having their homes broken in to as people living in rural areas and some might say that there is more of a likelihood of being robbed if you live in a leafy Dublin area.

I think that Vincent handled the whole Padraig Nally thing badly tonight, he managed to get Calleary to condemn the actions of Nally. He then went on to reprimand Calleary before finally pointing out that Nally had been acquitted.

Yeah he did handle it badly, the first rule of being an interviewer is to remain impartial IMO he didn't do that in regard to P Nally.

As regards robberies in the cities VB himself in a previous show put forward the view that Garda response time as quicker in more well off areas than in working class parts of urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Should they be discussing this as it it still only a draft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Should they be discussing this as it it still only a draft.

Shur they didnt even need to carry out and enquiry.. They just needed to interview Caroline Simons..

Shur they didnt even need to carry out and enquiry.. They just needed to interview Caroline Simons..

Come back Alice Glenn, all is forgiven!

What an obnoxious woman....

Cuddly Rottweiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Doing a bit of a refurb job in the house at the moment and it is empty in the evenings, I was feeding the dogs there early this evening when I on my way back out of the garden I see a member of the travelling community coming out of my shed with some electrical wire in his hand.

His response "the other lad said I could take a look around." No other lad around the place. The same happened my brother when he was building his house. Chancers, scumbags, the majority of them, law abiding me hole. Are there decent travelers? Yes, but they are in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Why do we have to keep having the same discussion on abortion. he said/she said etc etc. Its the 21st century. Women should be in control of their own bodies and Church/State stay out of the bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

My slapping hand is itchy!

I take it she is huffing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

An ignorant battleaxe if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Simons is an utterly intollerable woman. She is the pro-choices most effective weapon.

I would say what I really think, but I'd rather not face a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Awful as she is, there's something really impressive about Caroline Simons. If I ever commit a horrible, indefensible crime, I want her as my lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Cuddly Rottweiler.
    Rottweiler, yes. Cuddly,no

Get on to the O'Brien libel action will ya :mad:

I really want O'Brien to lose.

Simons is so typical of the "pro life" movements argument, twisting and turning and fudging the discussion

coolhull wrote: »
    Rottweiler, yes. Cuddly,no

Aw. Come on. She's probably a pussy cat behind closed doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Aw. Come on. She's probably a pussy cat behind closed doors.

Is said room big enough to swing said cat?

I think O'Brien will win his case but I'm praying for a miracle.

I thought exactly the same as Vincent.. RTE should have had stronger editorial control of the piece... The Haitian earthquake had third place in the report behind Denis O'Brien and (as usual) Charlie Bird.

Simons = Harney lookalike

Oh Simons you are so not funny. ignorant grrrr i won't say it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

vicwatson wrote: »
    Simons is so typical of the "pro life" movements argument, twisting and turning and fudging the discussion

But unlike the rest of them, she's so damn good at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement