Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jesus rocks Donegal

• 18-05-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭

http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/jesus-comes-to-donegal-in-a-rock-0024740-1
    You know you've got little to be doing when you spend your time exploring a national park looking for images of Jesus appearing naturally. That's exactly what the guys up in Donegal have done.

The staff at Glenveagh National Park say they've found Jesus... in a rock. The discovery was found in recent weeks and is now the talk of the county.

In times like this we need some guidance, but this might be going a little too far. The stone which apparently shows Jesus's face, while on the cross, even features a crown of thorns.

The stone was found by the park manager, Pat Vaughan, while out for a bit of a ramble. He told Donegaldaily.com: "I just happened to be doing bits and pieces when it caught my eye. The more I looked at it the more I seen the face of what looks like Jesus".

Sensible Pat said he didn't want to get carried away in the religious frenzy. "I brought [pictures] in to some of the staff and showed them the pictures without mentioning what I thought it looked like.

"The reaction has been amazing and everyone said the same thing – that it was a picture of Our Lord. No matter how many times I look at it I see the same thing."

The location of the rock in the park is being kept a secret, which is probably a good idea considering this country's history with weeping/bleeding statues and the like.
    Wonder how long it'll be kept a secret. If they plan on it being a permanent thing. Would get lots of people with more money than sense to head to it. Could be a good attraction for tourists.

Edit: http://www.joe.ie/uploads/story/24740/Jesus.jpg <- What it looks like...

Comments

Advertisement