Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints over lavish lifestyle of guests of British queen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Bullrush wrote: »
    doesn't work....

Whatever else you say about the woman I don't think that bit is quite true. If I get to her age and I'm still being whisked around the place for photo ops, handshakes, meet and greets, smiling for hours on end, not to mention the paperwork etc associated with her dealings with the Parliament I'd call it work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

That Fish Monger from Cork who had a laugh with her during her visit to Ireland is now the 13th Archduke of Chestishiresex-on-sea.

True story*.

*Caution may not be entirly true

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

she dosent own the palace or the crown jewles they belong to the people of the uk/state.

she is very rich..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

so is King Enda of Ireland going or will Queen Eamonn be going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Don't begrudge it to her at all.

She earns every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Royal Family bring in more money in tourism than what they cost the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thankfully we live in a country that is judicious with taxpayers' money.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bullrush

she dosent own the palace or the crown jewles they belong to the people of the uk/state.

she is very rich..

Maybe she doesn't own them, but she certainly has the almost exclusive use of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

have to say my opinion of her was totally changed after the royal visit last year.she even has the cupla focail

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Where To wrote: »
    Don't begrudge it to her at all.

She earns every penny.
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Former colonial power in human rights hypocrisy shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's the ones who don't make it on to the guest list who'll be rightly pissed off ...this is the biggest party of 2012 .

/walks slowly back and bows .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/c/ce/Stefane_August.jpg

Guess who?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Maybe she doesn't own them, but she certainly has the almost exclusive use of them.

If I had a house on the company, I'd be pretty miffed if I had to share it with every Tom, Dick or non-royal Harry.

The same goes for Gandalf up the Aras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oh I haven't been a fan of Queen since they got rid of Freddie Mercury.

Eh?

Eh?

Eh?

See what I did there? Because Freddie Mercury was in a band and the name of the band was Queen and she is the Queen. So I said I hadn't been a fan since they got rid of him (another joke because he died, they didn't fire him) and in doing so I pretended I got the rock band and the monarch mixed up. But it was just for comic effect. Pretty funny I must say, and I thought of it all on my own too!

Aren't I the hilarious chap?

Hardy-har-har-bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0518/breaking2.html

Are these people for real?! This queen is a millionaire who lives off the state, doesn't work, owns multiple palaces, has servants and wears a crown - and they're worried about her guests' lavish lifestyles!

Thats right, she should be driven around in a clapped out honda civic, go to mallaga, and eat nothing but spuds.
    "sigh" She's a queen for **** sake. Her lifestyle is nothing less than correct for a monarch.

Also, she's a billionaire. Just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

OSI wrote: »
    The Queen gets paid a salary in exchange for all the profits of all Crown owned properties. She get's something in the region of £60M the last time I checked. The Crown Properties on their own, bring in over £200M. Before you even take into account the billions brought in by tourism because of her, the UK already makes a profit from her mere existence.
    The issue most people have with the English monarchy isn't the fact that their lavish lifestyle is paid for by their "commoners" (As you said, it is a major tourist attraction) but the fact that they were born in to their position and have hardly any genuine merit for their position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Discussion Forum in former colony with chip on shoulder shocker. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Shur she'll be dead soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Shur she'll be dead soon anyway

Nice contribution but rest easy you won't be getting out of here alive either. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

They're nothing without Freddie Mercury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Are we that stuck for topics?

Advertisement