Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Tag Heuer professional - just arrived today, but I'm not that mad on it. Would swap for a different watch.

Finally sold on fleabay, took quite a hit on it :(

I didn't realise that not only do I have to pay 10% of the final selling fee to eBay, but that paypal take a slice as well. Bit annoyed now, given that they were incredibly slow to deal with the scammer who tried to fleece me.

I'd be very slow to sell on eBay again, but to be honest, adverts.ie is annoying too. I had one guy trying to swap my tag for a watch that sells for £10 new on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

why not try tz-uk although it is pretty slow at the moment, some of the U.S. forums seem to be pretty busy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It sold last night, but thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Eoin wrote: »
    Finally sold on fleabay, took quite a hit on it :(

I didn't realise that not only do I have to pay 10% of the final selling fee to eBay, but that paypal take a slice as well. Bit annoyed now, given that they were incredibly slow to deal with the scammer who tried to fleece me.

I'd be very slow to sell on eBay again, but to be honest, adverts.ie is annoying too. I had one guy trying to swap my tag for a watch that sells for £10 new on Amazon.

i made the same mistake few months ago and i got a big hit.
    i'm never going to sell a watch on ebay again.

Adverts.ie is a joke sometimes, you have only to ignore the stupid offers.

Blackpitts wrote: »
    i made the same mistake few months ago and i got a big hit.
    i'm never going to sell a watch on ebay again.

Adverts.ie is a joke sometimes, you have only to ignore the stupid offers.

Yeah, maybe I should have been more patient, but as the strap was too small for me to wear (regardless of feeling the face was too small), it would have just been gathering dust, so was happy just to get rid.

You'd have thought I learnt my lesson, but I've another impulse purchase on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Did you add the PayPal + eBay charges onto your price. I see alot of people doing this. Even private sales where payment is made people charge PayPal fees. I think around 3%.

Sort of. I knew how much the eBay fee was, and that I would have that extra cost, but there wasn't much interest in the buy it now price, so I decided to just take what was being offered and be done with it. I didn't count on the paypal fee though, which was naive of me.

I did get an offer on adverts.ie for what I sold it for on eBay. That means I would have in effect, gotten over €40 more for the watch, but the guy never responded when I asked was he still interested.

And then because of the rules on adverts, if I accept that offer and he doesn't take it - then I have to drop the asking price to the accepted price, and then get even lower silly offers.

So that's why I just thought "feck it" and be done.

today i cut my c.c. from paypal, so whatever watches i buy from now on will be by cash or bank transfer, saying that fee bay has been good to me, i have then bought too much, i may possibly recind my decision come the month of january, the old saying it is easy to buy but hard to sell springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marybutler8

Hi,

Looking for a ladies technomarine:
    Technomarine UF6 Mother of Pearl Diamond Dial Chronograph Ladies Watch 609011

Any advice on where to source? Dosent seem like any jewellers stock them in Ireland,

Thanks

i have a few vintage up on adverts at the mo, i will be adding more over the next few days, if sold i will be giving ebays charges to my fav charity, as adverts is free.

• Advertisement

Have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

That one sold quick.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    That one sold quick.

Got it cheap, sold it cheap :D But even I was surprised

Next one out is my gorgeous UN. Beautiful piece, but just a little smaller than I'd like. Trades considered.
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/ulysse-nardin-maxi-marine-chronometer/1132287

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Next one out is my gorgeous UN. Beautiful piece, but just a little smaller than I'd like. Trades considered.
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/ulysse-nardin-maxi-marine-chronometer/1132287

Stunning

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Cyrus wrote: »

I wish! Best of luck with the sale. If I hadn't already picked up the ND Sub earlier in the year I'd be very tempted. I see you're interested in a trade on a base panerai :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Homer wrote: »
    I wish! Best of luck with the sale. If I hadn't already picked up the ND Sub earlier in the year I'd be very tempted. I see you're interested in a trade on a base panerai :p

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 weedandice

wanna sell my certina DS automatic watch.its in immaculate condition.selling because i need to use the cash for other means.thanks

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/certina-ds-prince-automatic/1138351?notification=c937b42794bef1fc7e21f7ba44427b57-1322222102

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I am selling this Seiko 5 Automatic Gents Watch, not really my style..., I prefer big, chunky, heavy watches

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/nice-seiko-5-automatic-gents-watch/1171248

Got this 2010 Rolex Milgauss in a complicated trade deal involving my UN, Hamilton and a Cartier belonging to my wife. Anyway, it's not for me, so it's on here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/rolex-milgauss-116400/1192616
    Happy to consider trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Got this 2010 Rolex Milgauss in a complicated trade deal involving my UN, Hamilton and a Cartier belonging to my wife. Anyway, it's not for me, so it's on here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/rolex-milgauss-116400/1192616
    Happy to consider trades.

I dont know if its just me but that link doesnt bring up anything and when I search just "Rolex" your baby doesnt pop up at all.

I dont know if its just me but that link doesnt bring up anything and when I search just "Rolex" your baby doesnt pop up at all.

Seems it's UNDER REVIEW :confused: Don't know if someone's reported it as a fake, or if it's a standard thing for watches of that value.

It says it's been withdrawn now?

• Advertisement

Seems it's UNDER REVIEW :confused: Don't know if someone's reported it as a fake, or if it's a standard thing for watches of that value.

Are all adverts not reviewed first?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement