Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

feel better soon murdy you poor thing.

aknitter im glad you had a nice day out,id kill for one.

i cant stop looking at my the cute nappies i bought so soft and colourful i cant believe there will be a little person in them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Ya Murdy for some men it doesn't become real until the baba is there! He'll be fine. Babies I have learned are designed to survive inexperienced parents :)

I've 9 weeks left - the countdown is finally in single figures! It all seems so much closer. We've even started telling the 2 year old as well - saw a good book on amazon I'm going to pick up,its called "I am the big brother".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

sunshiner wrote: »
    feel better soon murdy you poor thing.

aknitter im glad you had a nice day out,id kill for one.

i cant stop looking at my the cute nappies i bought so soft and colourful i cant believe there will be a little person in them soon.

I keep looking at my cute colourful nappies too amazed that a little person will be here to wear them soon!

Aknitter, I said that to him - that nobody knows what they're doing at first !

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Murdy sorry hear your sick again. I had bad nausea past week but was perfect today! Think work and rushing makes it worse.
    I'm very hormonal lately yest I was crying in bed thinking 7 more weeks long but went out wit mam this morning and then oh all day and alot better. Just. Feel so
    Frumpy and awkward sometimes. I'm only 25 and I no not very young but found v hard to loose figure ! My shoulders hav widened. And my face gone v big! Pregnancy didnt hit me gracefully.

Going ante natal again tomorrow should be good ;)

Went cinema this eve and found it a great switch off!

Hope everyone well!!!

awh big hugs lynda, well think of it like this its only 7 weeks it will fly by.
    Tears are normal so dont worry, one min im fine the next im bawling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Has anyone gone for a 30/31 week scan? Ours is on wednesday and I'm excited! From what I hear you can get a pretty good idea of what baby looks like from it. :D

Has anyone gone for a 30/31 week scan? Ours is on wednesday and I'm excited! From what I hear you can get a pretty good idea of what baby looks like from it. :D

Our only detailed scan with NMH is at 20 weeks so no 30 week scan for us! I'd imagine as the baby is pretty well developed by now you'll see loads. Have fun :)

We also got a 20 week scan (not usual, but they did a quick scan as I was having a lot of cramping). So now I have 3 sets of baby scan photos so far. :) Quite the photo album already for our little one!

I wonder if it's possible for us to 'accidentally on purpose' figure out what the sex is...I think I'd probably try and see what it was, but not ask on purpose. How did your 20 week scan go? What did baba look like? For some reason ours looks a little scary...

69222_656611393714_43303369_n.jpg

'Good strong teeth' as they say- but does anyone else have that in their scans? Hoping baby isn't born with a full set of teeth as I plan to breastfeed!

The sex of our baby was very very evident on our scan. They call it turtles sign. There's a good pic here: http://pregnancy.about.com/od/boyorgirl/ss/genderus_4.htm

The male parts look like a turtle body (the balls) with a head poking out (the pee pee!). We were watching ER the other night and they were talking about that on an ultrasound, gave us the giggles. :) If this baby ends up being a girl I'll be very concerned about we saw on two scans! I volunteered to be a demonstration model for a talk on cardiac foetal health at about 23 weeks so got another very detailed scan done by a consultant peadiatric cardiologist which was nice, also saw the sex then. My 20 weeks scan was really clear, it looks like a proper little baby :)

Everything on the anomaly scan came back clear which was a big relief for us, even though I know the scans only catch some things.

Hopefully your baby's teeth are up in the gums, not down already!

Sounds like there's no mistaking that you have a boy, niamh! I haven't seen any such things on our scans yet, so maybe that means no turtles?

It's exciting watching it slowly change, isn't it? Every week I google imaged pictures of babies around the same age and now they all look so large and chubby and like proper babies. Makes me feel like it could come at any time now!

Weird to think we'll have babies the month after next. In just a week or so we'll be able to say our baby is due next month!!!

Husband doesn't seem worried in the least....guess every husband is different! He's of the 'AH SURE IT'LL BE GRAND' camp.

• Advertisement

I know - it is weird to think we'll have babies so soon. I know a baby born at 32 weeks and it's weird to think that at this stage, a baby like he was when born is in me :)

Lynda - the seats in cinemas are great, I find them really comfy. Am going to Iron Man 3 next week (Robert Downey Jnr is a guilty crush of mine!) after that Star Trek and then baby can come!! (was a massive trekkie in my day!)

Got a bag of clothes down from the attic and on further inspection I found it was the wrong bag (the 6-18 month sizes) gguuurrrr so my tip of the day - when putting baby clothes away label the freaking bag. I suppose its not too bad as my tumble dryer decided to stop working. But I have all the blankets etc to start working on so its not a complete waste. Also hubby has decided to put flooring in the attic to make it easier to move around and he is so excited at the prospect of this project! Like watching a big child! :)

aknitter wrote: »
    Lynda - the seats in cinemas are great, I find them really comfy. Am going to Iron Man 3 next week (Robert Downey Jnr is a guilty crush of mine!) after that Star Trek and then baby can come!! (was a massive trekkie in my day!)

Got a bag of clothes down from the attic and on further inspection I found it was the wrong bag (the 6-18 month sizes) gguuurrrr so my tip of the day - when putting baby clothes away label the freaking bag. I suppose its not too bad as my tumble dryer decided to stop working. But I have all the blankets etc to start working on so its not a complete waste. Also hubby has decided to put flooring in the attic to make it easier to move around and he is so excited at the prospect of this project! Like watching a big child! :)

Tip noted! My husband is a big trekkie (well, any sci-fi really) so we'll be making a trip to the cinema soon. I'm not that pushed but as long as I can have a big pregnant lady size portion of popcorn I'm happy :)

Men are funny with their projects - handy to have that in the attic though!

Scan looks so clear. I hav no more scans due.

Had ante natal class on labour again today. Very intense and took alot. Out me ;)
    Rotunda has visiting restrictions at moment And no visitors at all allowed including grandparents. Hope It's lifted when we go.our pârents be dying see us and baby!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Scan looks so clear. I hav no more scans due.

Had ante natal class on labour again today. Very intense and took alot. Out me ;)
    Rotunda has visiting restrictions at moment And no visitors at all allowed including grandparents. Hope It's lifted when we go.our pârents be dying see us and baby!

Oh no! Hope that it does get lifted soon. Holles St has Grandparents only rule going on (which I think is a good thing, especially in public wards) but it'd be hard if your parents couldn't see their new grandchild straight away. Is there some kind of bug going around? Is that why they're stopping all visitors?

My husband's family aren't in Ireland so we'll only have one set of grandparents who will visit. I was wondering if we could substitute other visitors for them so we'd still only have four people who could come in!

i had a 30 week scan paperclipgrad with consultant, could see the spine which was perfectly formed and heart,kidneys etc. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/babysetterlawlee.jpg/

baby looks like its saying hello, its hands up by its head,, half the face is in shadow. but you can make out features eyes,nose etc

Cool! Baby looks so well developed there, thanks for the pic! Now even more excited for our scan. :)

Just out check up in doctor! All is great. Baby kicked the thing to hear heart beat was funny!
    She is getting me to get whopping cough injection. Said I must before 34 weeks and 2 died of it in coombe recently and she is strongly pushing for its importance said she had letter from hse on it. Nobody mentioned to me rotunda .

Just out check up in doctor! All is great. Baby kicked the thing to hear heart beat was funny!
    She is getting me to get whopping cough injection. Said I must before 34 weeks and 2 died of it in coombe recently and she is strongly pushing for its importance said she had letter from hse on it. Nobody mentioned to me rotunda .

I asked my GP about it and he was the other way - recommended I didn't get it as he didn't know of any recent cases in the area and he doesn't like women getting any medication during pregnancy Didn't realise there was cases in The Coombe. Just goes to show how different advice is from doctor to doctor.

Glad everything is ok with baby :)

I am like your dr murdy and hav not even taken a paracetamol since
    Pregnant even when twisted neck and got tooth infection so I was very dubious. But she was very insistent so think ill just go wit it. God these decisions are so much harder when baby involved would never worry
    Bout myself so much.

How is sickness u feeling better? Can feel appointments gettingore
    Frequent now . In wit midwife next week!

• Advertisement

I am like your dr murdy and hav not even taken a paracetamol since
    Pregnant even when twisted neck and got tooth infection so I was very dubious. But she was very insistent so think ill just go wit it. God these decisions are so much harder when baby involved would never worry
    Bout myself so much.

How is sickness u feeling better? Can feel appointments gettingore
    Frequent now . In wit midwife next week!

I'm ok today - nauseated but no vomiting. Am just talking it easy and making sure I eat small things regularly :) Thanks for asking!

Yeah, the appointments are getting noticeably more frequent, I'm in with midwife next week too. Soon the appointments will be every week as well!

Glad you're feeling a bit better now!

Am feeling very overwhelmed with masters work at the moment- really thinking about chucking it all in! I'll be working right up until the time the baby comes....just wondering if it's really worth all the stress...

paperclipgrad, keep at it. It will be worth it and better have it done now as it will seem even harder when the baby is here! You can do it, I used to look at it as being for the baby. i mean whatever you can do to ensure your continued employablility is only going to benefit the baby in the long run. You can do this and you will be very glad you did.

My hips are really bad today, there is pain actually in the joint and coming around to my back on my right side. Can't wait for nap time when I will sit down with some telly and a hotwater bottle, I am even waddling - which I suppose is better than limping, cause limping will get me crutches from the physio!

I was going to say stick with it too - I'm sure it's hard at the moment when you're tired and pregnant but once you're done that's it and you can just focus on being at home with the baby for a while, knowing that you've finished it!

Aknitter - hope you're hips feel better soon. A lie-down sounds lovely. It'd suck to be on crutches so fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse!

Is anyone else finding they are really clumsy? I get clumsier when I have my period so I guess pregnancy is a super concentrated form of that. I'm dropping everything. I just dropped a 1 litre bottle of nandos sauce all over the kitchen tiles. Had to ring my husband and grovel - he loves that sauce and now it's all gone. Trying to track down another bottle that size now. So annoyed at myself!

I am always clumsy murdy but definitely worse!

I am quiet nervous today. I am quiet damp down there all time as is pants or pad and hav gotten quiet a few really sore cramps from groin where I couldn't stand straight with! I also vomited twice today. I do not no to see how am or go doctor!
    Don't no if panicking over nothing. Feeling pressure below aswel by also kicks in ribs so baby can't be that low

I am always clumsy murdy but definitely worse!

I am quiet nervous today. I am quiet damp down there all time as is pants or pad and hav gotten quiet a few really sore cramps from groin where I couldn't stand straight with! I also vomited twice today. I do not no to see how am or go doctor!
    Don't no if panicking over nothing. Feeling pressure below aswel by also kicks in ribs so baby can't be that low

Are you still getting a good bit of movement? If not, definitely go in and get it checked! I've had a few sore cramps today too - one in the supermarket and had to bend over the trolley a little to ease it off. I think it's just braxton hicks though. I think if you're worried at all it's always worth getting it checked out - no point worrying and making yourself feel worse!

Lynda - call the hospital they'll probably tell you to come in but better safe than sorry. I've been a bit sweaty too so its more than likely nothing but put your own mind at rest and give the midwives a call.

Murdy - took me two attempts to get my change into my purse today I had to apologise to the cashier incase she though I was being rude. I missed my footing last night and didn't see a kerb so one foot came off the footpath (think its the reason for the pain), I felt so foolish.

Have midwives app at 7.00 (going to a local outpatients clinic), I bet they send my urine away again!

I am getting plenty movement so I'm bit relaxed bout that! Going home
    Now just bout walked bus in pain and going hav a shower and relax! If still feel wierd or anxious I'm going to go in!

I am getting plenty movement so I'm bit relaxed bout that! Going home
    Now just bout walked bus in pain and going hav a shower and relax! If still feel wierd or anxious I'm going to go in!

Sounds like a plan - you'll probably feel a lot better once you're home and showered. :)

• Advertisement

Stick with it paperclipgrad, it will be worth it in the end. i was the same thinking about my practical exams 4-5 hours worth im dreading it tbh as its all skill and time based. thats in 2 weeks

Aknitter sorry your so sore you poor thing, rest is the only relief im guessing.

How you feeling today murdy?

Hope your ok lynda,let us know how u get on.

was in the city today,felt like i was waddling the heat was killing me 20 degrees.
    Got a maternity bra in marks 2 for €10 theyre on sale on a rack, they were telling me in the next few weeks your back shrinks as the baby drops and you go down in size but stay the same cup, sounds great to me.
    I think i have all my stuff for my bag now,just some cosmetics to get. Its a big weight off my mind. Raided pennys for pjs.

Advertisement