Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

buying Gibson Les Paul

• 02-02-2005 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

friend of mine is about the buy one and asked me to have a look on the net first to compare prices... are they much/any cheaper?
    i've had a brief look at thomann.de and there seems to be a few different models.. is there any other online site that might do a good deal and ship to ireland/uk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i got a gibson les paul classic from here www.gak.co.uk

it was £999 plus £22 shipping so it worked out at about €1450.

standard les paul's cost a little extra

also (sorry doctorJ but i had to do it) check out http://www.chrisguitars.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Emergency Tax back is buyin me one of these : http://www.chrisguitars.com/fen04showmaster-sss.jpg

how much is delivery, and what method of payment is used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Aye, as said above, Chris' Guitars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

chrisguitars: paypal is the easiest, all other methods seem fairly complicated/more expensive. my guitar cost around $80 to get shipped but took almost a month. he said if i paid about double that it would only be a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The older the better. Try second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Cremo wrote:
    i got a gibson les paul classic from here www.gak.co.uk

it was £999 plus £22 shipping so it worked out at about €1450.

standard les paul's cost a little extra

how much do they cost in irish music stores?
    also, what's the 'usual' les paul.. the classic or standard?
    i've emailed chrisguitars.com to organise payment, it looks like the best site i've come across so far..

The Standard is the usual one, I suppose. A mate of mine got a 1999 Iced Tea burst Les Paul Standard off Chris a while back. Twas mint and is an amazing guitar. The Standards are great qualilty, really excellent guitars. Worth the money you'd get them off Chris, for sure. My mate saved at least a grand on buying here. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Chris's guitars is an excellent way to go. eBay can also be good if you know what your doing. Older isn't always better. I've ab 1980 Custom and it was worth every penny. But the only difference is the finishing on it compared to the Standard. The standard is equally as good. I just always wanted to the custom and I've a few screw's loose so I went for the custom!!!

Gibson Les Pauls are amazing all around guitars. I love mine to bits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

a month for delivery?...wow, how long do things take to be delivered from america in general, i've ordered a guitar that well takes 9-12 weeks to build, but i think that is just construction time, i may have to wait longer for it to be delivered. Would appreciate info from past experiences...

Depends. If you get it sent by UPS or FedEx, it'll be about than a week. If you take the cheap option and go by regular post it can be a week to two or three weeks. A month is being a bit dramatic. The last guitar I ordered from Chris took just over two weeks and it was sent a couple of days after Christmas, when one could expect a postal delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Well, if there's any kind of complication with customs, 3-5 weeks is not unusual.

As far as I remember, a Les Paul Standard is just under €3,000 in Waltons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Well, if there's any kind of complication with customs, 3-5 weeks is not unusual.

the ****in bastards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

I must go in and play Stairway on that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

please do, rightly cheese them off, god i don't like that whole staff body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

That whole staff body hasn't a clue about anything to do with musical instruments at all. The guys there didn't even know what I meant when I asked for a set of 10 gauge Ernie Ball stings. As for anything else you'd melt there brain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i can't even remember the last time i was in a music shop, at least a year or two.. the internet is a glorious thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I was in one yesterday, playing an RG570 that cost €850. I can get the 1570 Prestige, case and shipping for €660 :o

Advertisement