Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blue star

how does parcel motel work? iv emailed them to see what they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It's a depot you get things sent to and then pick up the item in a locker. However on second thoughts I doubt a hospital Would do that.

I'd imagine the letter would have private and confidential on the envelope. I'd be pretty peeved if someone opened any letter on me !

yea wouldn't think a hospital would allow parcel motel. thanks anyhow. il see what they say, its just the first letter, others will be fine to send when iv told people.
    around when do you get scan in coombe when public patient? when do you ask them can I visit the naas clinic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Blue star .Your appointment just comes in an envelope with your name on it, I just said it was for a smear test when it arrived .Hope it helps,there's nothing worse! I went for my first scan (before I'd even told my dad-) and knew half of the town there!

aah thanks hun,

yea nothing worse..! does it say coomhe on envelope? sorry for the questions!! just it all hasn't sunk in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I was in the lourdes but it was just a plain envelope.I believe they are all the same .
    Oh I know how it is, I was part of January 2015 thread and now February 2016! I don't think it will ever sink in! Haaa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

My letter from holles street have all been in plain white envelopes, I would imagine hospitals don't pay for branded envelopes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

A hospital would never send envelopes with the name on outside, most businesses don't in general. You're over thinking it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Panic Much

I got my first appointment from Coombe this morning and it was a plain white envelope

Got to love pregnancy, wide awake since 3.30am!! Am up watching the fight cause I am awake anyway!

Hitting 13 wks on Monday, morning sickness still going strong, although hopefully that means baby is growing well.

I find myself reading random safety reviews of car seats and stuff at 3/4am!

• Advertisement

How is everyone getting on? Are many of you in the second trimester?

Anyone buying baby stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

How is everyone getting on? Are many of you in the second trimester?

Anyone buying baby stuff?

Gettin on good little miss cutie...I'll be 15 weeks now on Monday so yup in the second trimester. How's all with u?

Don't need to buy much at the moment..second baby do have most of the stuff...what about yourself?

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Gettin on good little miss cutie...I'll be 15 weeks now on Monday so yup in the second trimester. How's all with u?

Don't need to buy much at the moment..second baby do have most of the stuff...what about yourself?

I'm hitting 14 weeks on Monday, very excited for second trimester. We still have only told immediate family and a couple of very close friends, so enjoying the calm before the crazyness of everyone knowing!!

Haven't done any shopping yet, a friend gifted me her cot and nursing chair which is some big items off the list. I guess buying only really starts mid-third trimester- is that right?
    I am googling like crazy and have started picking things I really like but who knows how much that will change over the next few months!!

Yea I only bought stuff towards the end the last time...we got given some stuff too so that was great....I've to buy a double buggy this time for walking but know what I'm Gettin and will prob get it second hand because I won't need it much longer than a year but have to decide what to do about my good buggy....I don't like my last one but have yet to decide what I'll do about it...also gona treat myself to a new changing bag....have a couple picked out....will decide closer to the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EJD

Penny Dreadful I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, I haven't logged in here in a couple of weeks.
    I hope you're looking after yourself and things are going as well as they can be at this time xx

Has everyone else's morning sickness stopped?
    I am still being sick very morning, it's a race from the bed and then I feel awful all day. Managing to eat a little more but feel likely to puke at any moment.

I kinda expected to stop before now, I'm 14.2

Has everyone else's morning sickness stopped?
    I am still being sick very morning, it's a race from the bed and then I feel awful all day. Managing to eat a little more but feel likely to puke at any moment.

I kinda expected to stop before now, I'm 14.2

I'm not sick but have alot of dry heaving in the morning....I was nearly 20 weeks by the time it went away the last time so expecting it to be the same this time...:) I find its worse when I'm hungry so try to eat little and often...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Sickness still going strong here, totally blows, worried about my iron now as red meat/leafy veg is kind of out of the question and I cannot stomach my prenatal vitamin. Managing to keep down the folic acid at least though!

Anyone else feeling movement yet? I was feeling 'stirrings' on off since 12 weeks and now at 17 weeks they've become more definite/pronounced. Feels more boney and active than I expected, like I have a tiny little cartilage-y chicken inside going mad with the acrobatics, mostly when I'm at my desk at work or in bed in the evening ðŸ”

Feelin movement since about 13 weeks...I'm 15+2 now and def feel lots during the day...sometimes it's like someone brushing a feather against me and other times ita stronger...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Anyone else feeling movement yet? I was feeling 'stirrings' on off since 12 weeks and now at 17 weeks they've become more definite/pronounced. Feels more boney and active than I expected, like I have a tiny little cartilage-y chicken inside going mad with the acrobatics, mostly when I'm at my desk at work or in bed in the evening ðŸ”

I'm not feeling them yet (something to do with third pregnancy maybe eeeek) but that is the most accurate description I've ever read of what they feel like!!

• Advertisement

I can't wait to feel some movement but I'm guessing as an FTM it will be closer to 20 wks?

Sammy, if it doesn't ease up a bit this week I'm thinking of saying to my GP, cause I am getting worried about my hydration levels.....

I can't wait to feel some movement but I'm guessing as an FTM it will be closer to 20 wks?

Sammy, if it doesn't ease up a bit this week I'm thinking of saying to my GP, cause I am getting worried about my hydration levels.....

Keep drinkin loads of fluids....I'm actuallyjust after being sick myself....have days where I'm perfect and then some where I'm not so good....

Yea I was around 20 weeks b4 I noticed anything the last time...did u do any more shopping little miss cutie?

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Keep drinkin loads of fluids....I'm actuallyjust after being sick myself....have days where I'm perfect and then some where I'm not so good....

Yea I was around 20 weeks b4 I noticed anything the last time...did u do any more shopping little miss cutie?

No shopping for baby, just a few maternity bits for me. I haven't announced in work yet and was struggling with hiding it some days. The maternity bits are far more flattering.

I have in my head decided on a pram, car seat & base and co-sleeper but it's so far away God knows what we will buy.

We need to change a few things in the house starting with the shower door so me and the bump can fit in. The joys of an old house, nothing is normal sized, double size shower with weird door that only opens 12 inches!!

What about you any shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted in a while.
    Just had 16 week check up with GP today and had scan at start of July. All going as it should apparently.
    Still pretty symptom free thankfully. I feel for you that have been so sick.
    Bump coming along and I'm generally feeling tubby! Also have noticed that I have new black hairs sprouting on my face, not my favourite side effect!!!

Have bought a few bits of baby clothes, couldn't help myself but not even thinking about the big stuff yet but we are getting buggy's and things thrown at us from all angles, very hard to refuse, is it silly that I'd love to chose our own Moses basket, travel system etc? I know financially it makes sense to beg,borrow,steal but I'd feel like we were missing out by not researching and buying our own.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't posted in a while.
    Just had 16 week check up with GP today and had scan at start of July. All going as it should apparently.
    Still pretty symptom free thankfully. I feel for you that have been so sick.
    Bump coming along and I'm generally feeling tubby! Also have noticed that I have new black hairs sprouting on my face, not my favourite side effect!!!.

Hey Pooch!!
    Great to hear that all is going well :)
    I can't imagine being pregnant and not sick, at 15&1 I am still firmly in the sick camp :)

Yeah why does no one warn about the hair growth??? I'm very fair naturally and am finding dark hair popping up all over the place!!

We haven't bought a single thing for baby. We are both very nervous so at this rate baby will be here before we buy anything. The offers of baby stuff are great but you need to know what you don't want. We are going to buy the travel system new but most other things we would gladly accept. I have already been gifted a cot and nursing chair from a friend who is finished having babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I am still firmly in the dick camp :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have bought a few bits of baby clothes, couldn't help myself but not even thinking about the big stuff yet but we are getting buggy's and things thrown at us from all angles, very hard to refuse, is it silly that I'd love to chose our own Moses basket, travel system etc? I know financially it makes sense to beg,borrow,steal but I'd feel like we were missing out by not researching and buying our own.

*unlurks*

I would honestly take what's offered (within reason of course). We unfortunately had nobody to give us anything so we spent a small fortune on the travel system - it was great for the first few months but they grow so quickly and before you know it you're just using the stroller part and you realise it would be nice to have something more compact like a city mini! But after spending all that money you can't justify it! I'm still using my travel system stroller and I do like it but it's bulky - in an ideal world I would have got a lend of a travel system for the first few months and then bought a stroller I like. Same for the moses basket - they will only be in it for a few weeks! I didn't even buy one, straight into the cot for my fella! Take the stuff for the early days and figure out what you like and what you don't and then spend the money where it's needed!

I'm due number 2 at the end of January all going well. I'm just 14+2 now so I probably should be in the February thread! I'm still feeling sick and exhausted at times but I was worse on my first so I'm not complaining. It was around the 20 week mark last time before I started feeling better and then I got a couple of months of energy before I started getting big and tired again! My tummy is definitely getting bigger quicker this time so I think it's going to start giving me away soon - I'm still in my normal clothes but I'd say I'll have to dig out the maternity stuff in the next few weeks :eek: Feels very early for all that!

Anyway - hi all!

:D

Oh god!! Must not type while distracted!!

I am still in the SICK camp!!!

*unlurks*

My tummy is definitely getting bigger quicker this time so I think it's going to start giving me away soon - I'm still in my normal clothes but I'd say I'll have to dig out the maternity stuff in the next few weeks :eek: Feels very early for all that!

Anyway - hi all!

Hi Mary!!
    I ventured into maternity clothes at about 12 weeks. I carry weight anyway around my tummy but pregnancy seems to have brought it all to the front so jeans and trousers were tight pretty early, despite my weight steadily decreasing :)

Congrats on baby number 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

I have just realised I have made my first posting on the pregnancy forum. So no lurking for me anymore. Hi to all the January 2016 crew!

Had a miscarriage this January so was being extra cautious with this pregnancy. Fingers and toes crossed all goes well.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Advertisement