Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RDS Craft Beer Festival 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I've always gone with the view that I'll miss out on some and be lucky enough to get others. No big deal if I miss out. :)

I agree. The level of attention required to catch them all would mean that you would miss out on fun away from the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Was sure I'd seen a discount code floating around (not the Beoir one, i'll be using that myself) but can't remember where or who posted it. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Was sure I'd seen a discount code floating around (not the Beoir one, i'll be using that myself)

Just for clarity the Beoir discount (not a code) is only viable with a valid, in date membership card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

saw the porterhouse tweet one 'connector' gets you 10% off any single day ticket, not much but every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Am I just remembering incorrectly or is it much more expensive this year? I think when I went on Sat last year it was €10 on the door and that included a glass and 2 drink tokens? This year it is €12 (Advance payment) and no drink tokens?

Course its more expensive. Have you not seen the price of craft beer these days? Scandalous stuff. €5.25 for 450ml is standard in a lot of the pubs. Well over 6 quid a pint. Incredible scenes.

Also the more people keep lapping up tickets for these events - Big Grill, Taste etc - the more expensive they'll get. And they do, every year. People only have themselves to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not a go at either of ye, but can we try not to turn this into another back and forth on pricing? Let the beers do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yes, please don't turn this into another rip off Republic whinge fest. Even if there are valid points to be made it just goes around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not a go at either of ye, but can we try not to turn this into another back and forth on pricing? Let the beers do the talking.

Yep fair enough. I was responding to a post about pricing though.

But Ill post something positive! The range of beers look great.

The Nal wrote: »
    But Ill post something positive! The range of beers look great.

An that's whats we know of ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

whilst stroking my beard i think....where's my menu :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

O'Briens have a discount code OBRIENS15 which is good for 15% off tickets. I also saw that you can get some sort of wristband from them at the festival which gets discounts in-store, but there's no indication of what the discounts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Zaph wrote: »
    O'Briens have a discount code OBRIENS15 which is good for 15% off tickets. I also saw that you can get some sort of wristband from them at the festival which gets discounts in-store, but there's no indication of what the discounts are.

Sorry but where can I use that code?

EDIT.

Got it sorted. THX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Back to the glass size.

http://www.irishcraftbeerfestival.ie/buy-tickets/
    tickets include a free souvenir pint glass. drinks tokens are €2.50 each.

Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Can you get tickets at the door this year?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

matrim wrote: »
    Can you get tickets at the door this year?
    You can pay in at the door (50% off with a valid Beoir card) but I doubt you can buy tickets to take away, if that's what you mean.

app is on playstore...

app is on play store

app is on play store

Unfortunately ICBCF has stopped

? looks ok to me 2015 27th august has the specials mentioned etc brewery / info and a rating section

? looks ok to me 2015 27th august has the specials mentioned etc brewery / info and a rating section

Doesn't start for me. Tried to reinstall and it's the same thing so I've sent the crash report

It's this app that I tried

• Advertisement

keeps crashing on my phones.

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6
    Oneplus One

matrim wrote: »
    Doesn't start for me. Tried to reinstall and it's the same thing so I've sent the crash report

It's this app that I tried

same, the blurb for the app mentions 2015 too, so it's current.

Bah!

same, the blurb for the app mentions 2015 too, so it's current.

Bah!

Looks similar to last year with possibly the same issues. When you could use last years one it had lots of good info but the constant crashing made it unusable for more than about 20 seconds

it's using the old logo too

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Immediate crash here too on a Nexus 5

running fine on s4. looks very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Thinking of heading in today. Can beoir members pay on door today does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Thinking of heading in today. Can beoir members pay on door today does anyone know?
    Ignore that question. I see now from Beernuts previous post you can.:rolleyes:

Ignore that question. I see now from Beernuts previous post you can.:rolleyes:

But don't forget your valid membership card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

app is on playstore...

What's it called?

Edit got it ICBCF

Advertisement