Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beer, Wine, Spirits, etc. - New releases thread

• 02-07-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Luckily enough over the last while we've had a glut of new beers from Irish breweries being released on a regular basis so it'd be nice to have one place where they can be announced/listed.

I'm actually surprised that we don't have one of these threads already and limnam suggested that we should start one.

Hopefully we'll just keep it to announcements of new brews only - expected date & outlets & some info about the beer.
    Discussion of said brews should have their own thread or go to the "What beer are we drinking this week, too?" thread.

I'd imagine it'll be announcements of new beers more than anything else, as news beers tend to be created more frequently than say spirits, but we won't limit it to just beers.

Anyway, enough waffle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnRqFDdrv1Dr-PmNxOxQFHuJbcsIvlpReFA5ul9b-wpksYcVwz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Thanks for setting this up lads I think it could be a great resource.
    Ideally I'd love to see some breweries come in and give boards users an early heads up on things in the tank

I'll get the ball rolling with something I'm looking forward to.

OHara's Foreign Affair

Limited edition Collaboration with Star Hill.
    It's a Red IPA with Malt and Hops from Both Ireland and USA.

Looking forward to trying this, I seen O'Briens seem to have it in stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

limnam wrote: »
    Thanks for setting this up lads I think it could be a great resource.
    Ideally I'd love to see some breweries come in and give boards users an early heads up on things in the tank

I'll get the ball rolling with something I'm looking forward to.

OHara's Foreign Affair

Limited edition Collaboration with Star Hill.
    It's a Red IPA with Malt and Hops from Both Ireland and USA.

Looking forward to trying this, I seen O'Briens seem to have it in stock at the moment.

Not in Galway the hoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Galway bay have a gorseberry & lemon wit to be released shortly. The beer market have a keg waiting to be tapped.

O Brother have a DIPA in the fermenter. Hopped with 7 different hops according to twitter. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

White Hag Little Fawn. A session IPA

Not G.R wrote: »
    Galway bay have a gorseberry & lemon wit to be released shortly. The beer market have a keg waiting to be tapped.

Coconut too....mmmm

11053672_708769779249790_1067081550936678896_n.jpg?oh=56c58d13db4a1b3308a77b5a7110be8a&oe=56277567

• Advertisement

A new brewery in Galway have just opened up, Wild Bat. They have a pilot pouring in a few places in Dublin.

Map here; http://www.wildbatbeer.com/bat-map/

Wish them all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm slightly suspicious of a brewery with slick logos and website, but saying absolutely nothing about their beers on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'm slightly suspicious of a brewery with slick logos and website, but saying absolutely nothing about their beers on the website.

They're actually just a bunch of home brewers that decided to take a punt at it. I'm guessing the reason they don't have much about their beers is because they don't appear to have a core range as of yet. Their first one is called pilot 1, and it's a California Common.

I'm looking forward to trying their stuff. Love their logo aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

slayerking wrote: »
    They're actually just a bunch of home brewers that decided to take a punt at it. I'm guessing the reason they don't have much about their beers is because they don't appear to have a core range as of yet. Their first one is called pilot 1, and it's a California Common.

I'm looking forward to trying their stuff. Love their logo aswell.

Had to Google that. A Steam Beer eh? Interesting.

A new brewery in Galway have just opened up, Wild Bat. They have a pilot pouring in a few places in Dublin.

Map here; http://www.wildbatbeer.com/bat-map/

Wish them all the best.
    Saw it on tap in Probus last week but didn't get a chance to try

• Advertisement

Does Probus do Growlers?

Does Probus do Growlers?

Not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see this was just set up, guessing we will be seeing more of their beers soon

https://twitter.com/StoneBrewingUK

RasTa wrote: »
    I see this was just set up, guessing we will be seeing more of their beers soon

Perhaps not, the current euro/stg situation is causing a huge price increase on imports, you'd probably see 500ml bottles priced at about €5 in an off licence, and ridiculous prices in bars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Perhaps not, the current euro/stg situation is causing a huge price increase on imports, you'd probably see 500ml bottles priced at about €5 in an off licence, and ridiculous prices in bars too.
    http://berlin.stonebrewing.com/

They are opening a brewery in Berlin too. Still though, their beers are pretty expensive even in USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They are also opening a German brewery, probably supplying whole of Europe from there so exchange rate shouldn't be an issue

Yeah that €/£ situation is a killer. I'd normally get some rare enough beers from BrewDog but it's just too expensive at the moment. Well that and Parcel Motel cracking down on deliveries too! :(

Might be old news at this stage.

A "robust" Milk Stout from O'Hara's. Another Collaboration with Browar Pinta.

I believe it's only in a few select stores. Ones I know of is Baggot Wines and Martins Off license in fairview.

Looking forward to this as I'm starting to get a taste for this style of Stout.

At least it's branded.

354774.jpg

Bit of a strange one. Blacks of Kinsale have distilled a poitin. Interested to try it!

• Advertisement

Bit of a strange one. Blacks of Kinsale have distilled a poitin. Interested to try it!

At the alltech festival Blackwater had a gin that they had distilled with Blacks so it is probably a step on from that

8 degrees have an India Pale Larger on the way called Nomad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

matrim wrote: »
    At the alltech festival Blackwater had a gin that they had distilled with Blacks so it is probably a step on from that

Nope.
    Blackwater had/have a gin.
    Blackwater also had a hop vodka distilled from Black's Hi Viz IPA.
    Blackwater have done a poiteen distilled from Dungarvan oatmeal stout.

Black's could well have a poiteen too as they have bought a still.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

The vodka was crap so I wouldn't get your hopes up on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

jsa112 wrote: »

The gin is really good, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

jsa112 wrote: »

Tasted the poitín.
    I thought it was really really good.
    But what would I know? I also really liked the Blackwater / Black's hop vodka too.
    Thing is, I find Irish people don't really get white spirits.

New ones from Metalman.

355230.jpg

RRP €42.36 a can

BaZmO* wrote: »
    RRP €42.36 a can

lol what?

lol what?

Or 4 for €80, or there or thereabouts.

• Advertisement