Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Why is Cavani on the bench?

Just heard a rumour about Liverpool making a 30 million plus bid. Might have something to do with that.

Doubt he'll end up at Liverpool, some coup if he does. Maybe he is moving on though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Quick answer needed handicap draw (1.0) 7/1 in arsenal villa game. does this mean if either team wins by one goal it pays out

Pleeeeeease anyone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭skydish79

iMuse wrote: »
    RVP starts for arsenal, might go for the wincast @ evens

Arsenal to play #avfc: Fabianski - Coquelin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen - Rosicky,Song, Ramsey; Chamberlain, RVP, Walcott

#avfc: Given; Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock; Ireland, Clark, Petrov, Agbonlahor; Keane, Bent

special on pp at 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Keano @ 11/4 for anytime goalscorer! Think I'll go for Keano and cheer him on :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

skydish79 wrote: »
    special on pp at 6/4

Yeah seen that, decided against it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

manual_man wrote: »
    Quick answer needed handicap draw (1.0) 7/1 in arsenal villa game. does this mean if either team wins by one goal it pays out

No, probably only if arsenal win by 1. Not sure though, I'd have to see exactly what the market says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Valencia & Fenerbahce @ 2.16 looks a solid double.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I'm taking Villa 9/2..heart more than head!

L'prof wrote: »

No, probably only if arsenal win by 1. Not sure though, I'd have to see exactly what the market says.

this is how it came up

arsenal (+1.0) 1/9
    handicap draw (1.0) 7/1
    aston villa (-1.0) 13/1

exactly as written

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

this is how it came up

arsenal (+1.0) 1/9
    handicap draw (1.0) 7/1
    aston villa (-1.0) 13/1

exactly as written

If Villa win by one you'll get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

PP Special
    Milan, Porto and Malaga all to win @ 10/3.

Any thoughts on the 2 latter games? Confident Milan will win but unsure on Porto and Malaga.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ibra wincast for me at 5/6

scored in 7 of last 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

My bet for tomorrow is

Monchengladbach 13/10
    Valencia 11/10
    Sunderland 8/11

9/1 treble.

Monchengladbach - Okay, their recent record v Stuttgart isn't great, but this season they are a changed team. Fresh from a 3-1 victory over Bayern, they are facing a team who have lost 4 of their last 5 in the league and are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

Valencia - Easily dispatched of Levante in a game they didn't really have to win, have a great record v Santander and with Soldado being rested in midweek, they should be too strong once again.

Sunderland - Played excellently under O'Neill. Hard to see Middlesborough getting anything here, as they are hardly setting the Championship alight recently.

After Sunderland went 1-0 down i did the double then!
    Terrible defending by Valencia for Santanders 2nd, really annoyed with that! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Late Sunday night bet

Wincast - Milan + Ibra @ 5/6
    Marseille @ 8/5
    Malaga @ 5/4
    Club Brugge game Ov 2.5 @ 4/6

£5 returns £89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Bah, Brugge game ended 0-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Athletic Bilbao 10/11 to win at Mirandes.

Mirandes have performed magnificently to get this far in the competition but they are still a 3rd division side up against a Bilbao side in great form. Since the winter break the only game they've lost was at the Bernabau. Llorente has scored 6 in his last 5 games, including a hat-trick at the weekend, so they certainly carry a goal threat.

It certainly looks over priced to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I ll be having some on a home win for Monaco tonight.
    Decent record of 3-1-1 in their last 5.

They got in some money and got some new players.

Braga away to Maritimo also looks appealing but might go for a BTTS there.
    Same goes for Sparta away to GA Eagles in Holland.
    Sparta on a good run.

Atletico away to Osasuna another one i consider.

Odds on these are all over evens as far as i can see.

4fold of DNB (Braga, Atletico, Monaco, Sparta) could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

A double that i like for later is the following
    GA Eagles / Sparta - over 2.5 goals @ 8/15, GA Eagles average 3.5 @ home and Sparta average 3.3 away.
    Maritimo / Braga - under 2.5 goals @ 8/13, both team average about 2 goals each home and away but Maritimo have just conceeded 6 this season @ home (7 games played), also they just sold their main striker to Seville (he has scored 10 of there 23 league goals this season), so goals may be scarse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Ivory Coast
    Monaco
    Osasuna - athletico BTTS
    Bilbao

just for interest tonight/tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads tomorrow Nottingham forest vs burley. Burnley have one of the best away records in the league playing an awful forest team.

2/1 overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Thinking of doing City to win to nil @ 15/8. Everton only scored in one of their last 5 Home League games:eek:
    City will have Kompany back too

2 small bets for me today:

Angola win or draw @ 2.05

Ivory Coast are already through to the next round so they're likely to rotate their squad quite a bit, I think Angola will be more motivated for this game.

Sudan @ 2.40

I'm simply betting against Burkina Faso, their manager Duarte is terrible, he was the manager of Le Mans in Ligue 1 a few years ago and was the first manager of the season to be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Shane St. wrote: »
    Thinking of doing City to win to nil @ 15/8. Everton only scored in one of their last 5 Home League games:eek:
    City will have Kompany back too

I was tempted by that bet also but Everton have had the sign over City for years so I don't think I'll bother with it. Odds are good though.

Odds on Ivory Coast are rising, they were at 1.50 yesterday and now they're at 1.62 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

2 small bets for me today:

Angola win or draw @ 2.05

Ivory Coast are already through to the next round so they're likely to rotate their squad quite a bit, I think Angola will be more motivated for this game.

Sudan @ 2.40

I'm simply betting against Burkina Faso, their manager Duarte is terrible, he was the manager of Le Mans in Ligue 1 a few years ago and was the first manager of the season to be sacked.

Yeh i think sudan is a great price concidering if they win by 3 goals and angola lose they go to through, so they will wANT to win this,,, anyone think differently on this? before i put my bank account on this

Odds on Ivory Coast are rising, they were at 1.50 yesterday and now they're at 1.62 :eek:

0-0 suits both teams nicely. have a tenner on it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,756 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like the over 12 corners @21/20 in the wolves v pool match, they both like their corners

Headshot wrote: »
    I like the over 12 corners @21/20 in the wolves v pool match, they both like their corners

Wolves more than most...

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement