Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Wuhoo I'm delighted after staying the same last week! Think I just needed the week for it to catch up as I was gettin back into the plan!

I had 29dailies every day, 20 of my weeklies, and no bread or potatoes unlike last week!

I'm also in a new stone bracket this morn it's soooo good to see it looking back at ya!!

I'm 1lb away from 1.5 stone, 3lb away from ww goal and 12lb from personal goal...roll on summer 2011 :P!

Happy Saturday guys...unlike some of you lukcy duckies who finished exams this week I'm into a day of study zZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

O_o

I am completely knackered. Want to go back to sleep. Unfortunately no such luck!

I said yesterday I was taking the weekend off but on reflection I'm just going to take this evening off..heading out tonight (if I can stay awake!) so will have a few (more likely a LOT) to drink, think someone mentioned a Chinese too. Feck it, finished second year, im halfway through my degree, I deserve it :P as someone said yesterday one weekend won't kill me!

This time 6 hours I will be finished...roll on 2pm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

fionas046 wrote: »
    I completly understand your feelings but do you really want to quit or are you having a bad day and want an excuse to eat?

Is it really worth quitting? Is it really worth undoing all the good work you've done? Why don't you have the night off, have a treat (or two) of your choice and get a good nights sleep.
    It will all look a bit better in the morning. ;)
    thanks, had the day from hell yesterday. i just need to get back on track. I suppose being at home with the kids everyday doesn't help. I think i need to get out more and try get more of a routine. I was feeling like i have so much weight to loose that it will take forever and thought to myself that its not worth it. I was feeling very sorry for myself and decided i love food so im not gona do this anymore which in fact thats not the truth at all. I love my body more than food and would love to get it fit and healthy. I think its time for me to face the music. I ate so much food yesterday and i thought it would make me feel good and better but it made me feel worse. Went to bed last night feeling very disappointed in myself so new day new start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

fofany wrote: »
    I quit Feb 2010. Rejoined Jan 2011, with more than a stone back on. Take a break, but don't quit. You'll regret it in the long run.

Thanks, i agree . Had my break (meltdown) yesterday so now its time to do some work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

another knock back on the bike saga ....

went in yesterday to finalise the quote for the bike I had picked, only to be told that there would have to be €50 added to the overall price to cover the cut the cyclescheme people take from each sale?!?!

So I have to pay €50 to keep the retailers margins?

I might have to look around again, I'd rather spend €50 more on a bike than send the €50 straigh to someones pocket!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

up 2lbs this morning....but you know what....over all in the last 4 weeks of studying exams, easter, birthdays, dinner parties all i've put on is like 2 and half lbs...which realistically isnt that bad!

off to get my hair cut! woo!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

went in yesterday to finalise the quote for the bike I had picked, only to be told that there would have to be €50 added to the overall price to cover the cut the cyclescheme people take from each sale?!?!

I might have to look around again, I'd rather spend €50 more on a bike than send the €50 straigh to someones pocket!!:mad:

evening echo pink pages

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    evening echo pink pages

getting it on the cyclescheme, wso it works out 50% off the ticket price;) and includes the gear

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

This thread is SO motivational, Ya I know I keep saying it but ye are!!!

Lady lainy, not too bad considering the couple of weeks you've had! Your puppy looks gorgeous!

Love the mini goals thing, these are mine....

:) 2 lbs away from 5% lost

:) 2 1/2 lbs away from the 14s!

:) 5 lbs away from 1 stone lost

:)12 lbs away from 1 1/2 stone lost

:) 13lbs away from 10% lost

:) 37 pounds away from being in Overweight BMI category instead of obese

I totally upped my water intake to almost 3 litres Thursday and yesterday re an earlier discussion. I felt so yukky yesterday, headachey and kinda hangover-y but by god it worked in regards to the bunged up issue. And today day 3 of the upping water, I feel FANTASTIC! Totally recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

2fat wrote: »
    thanks, had the day from hell yesterday. i just need to get back on track. I suppose being at home with the kids everyday doesn't help. I think i need to get out more and try get more of a routine. I was feeling like i have so much weight to loose that it will take forever and thought to myself that its not worth it. I was feeling very sorry for myself and decided i love food so im not gona do this anymore which in fact thats not the truth at all. I love my body more than food and would love to get it fit and healthy. I think its time for me to face the music. I ate so much food yesterday and i thought it would make me feel good and better but it made me feel worse. Went to bed last night feeling very disappointed in myself so new day new start.

Oh 2fat, im sorry you had such a horrible day yesterday, ive had a few bad days myself, where i was the same as you, I love my food, so might as well just have what i want! Always end up feeling worse after though! I feel that its hard to admit to yourself that you need to lose weight, but when you get there, in the right frame of mind you will be very determined! It must be very hard at home with the kids every day, but maybe change things up a bit day to day?? Put yday behind you, we all have those days, i had a few myself this week! eeekkk!
    You can have all the foods you love too, just in a healthier way, i love chips, so now i have wedges, i just scrub one or two potatos, leave the skins on, cut into wedges, salt, pepper and drizzle of oil, into the oven(high temp) for about 20-30 mins turning half way! They are so yummy! Sometimes i put garlic and rosemary on them too, or some sweet chilli sauce! (i cook them from raw too, nice and crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle!) Hope you have a great day today.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I need to snap out of this "self entitlement" mood I am in. I have had 2 (3pp) chocolate bars before I have even had my breakfast. Keep saying to myself that I deserve it, but I don't and I know I should stop making myself feel better with food but it is so easy to do when I don't have the money to treat myself with anything else.

Going up to my dads (in Sligo) again today with the OH just to get away from it all and talk about our options. Hopefully it will get me in a better mood. But also means won't have time to do a healthy shop. Hopefully can do it on the way home tomorrow.

Well done on the losses girls and Lainy, 2.5lbs is great for all the stress you have been under. Start of a new week!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

It's only 11.30 and I've just had a big fat jam and cream donut. God it was yummm. Would anyone be able to hazard a wild guess on the points? It was one of those long ones, covered in sugar, cut down the middle with jam and cream the length of it. Jeez I'd better stop or I'll be going out buying another one :p

Might try to rehabilitate myself by setting some mini-goals...starting with...don't eat jam and cream donuts for breakfast lol

Thanks

Monife wrote: »
    I need to snap out of this "self entitlement" mood I am in. I have had 2 (3pp) chocolate bars before I have even had my breakfast. Keep saying to myself that I deserve it, but I don't and I know I should stop making myself feel better with food but it is so easy to do when I don't have the money to treat myself with anything else.

Going up to my dads (in Sligo) again today with the OH just to get away from it all and talk about our options. Hopefully it will get me in a better mood. But also means won't have time to do a healthy shop. Hopefully can do it on the way home tomorrow.

Well done on the losses girls and Lainy, 2.5lbs is great for all the stress you have been under. Start of a new week!

I had loads of choc the last two days too! For some reason i think i deserve it! :rolleyes: Getting away for the weekend will be good for you, escape and relax.

It's only 11.30 and I've just had a big fat jam and cream donut. God it was yummm. Would anyone be able to hazard a wild guess on the points? It was one of those long ones, covered in sugar, cut down the middle with jam and cream the length of it. Jeez I'd better stop or I'll be going out buying another one :p

Might try to rehabilitate myself by setting some mini-goals...starting with...don't eat jam and cream donuts for breakfast lol

Thanks

Oh i want one!!! Yummmmmmmy! Havent a clue how to point it tho, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I know what it is like to be stuck at home with young children. It's not until now, when my youngest has started nursery that I feel that I have got a bit of time to myself & can apply myself to losing the weight. Before I started & stopped a few times. It's so hard when you haven't any time to yourself. I hope you can get plenty of support & try to stick with it - I wish I'd done it sooner.
    misslt wrote: »
    O_o

I am completely knackered. Want to go back to sleep. Unfortunately no such luck!

I said yesterday I was taking the weekend off but on reflection I'm just going to take this evening off..heading out tonight (if I can stay awake!) so will have a few (more likely a LOT) to drink, think someone mentioned a Chinese too. Feck it, finished second year, im halfway through my degree, I deserve it :P as someone said yesterday one weekend won't kill me!

This time 6 hours I will be finished...roll on 2pm :D

Good luck with the exam & enjoy yourself tonight. One night (or weekend) isn't going to ruin anything. Back to it next week though!;)
    numbernerd wrote: »
    Wuhoo I'm delighted after staying the same last week! Think I just needed the week for it to catch up as I was gettin back into the plan!

I had 29dailies every day, 20 of my weeklies, and no bread or potatoes unlike last week!

I'm also in a new stone bracket this morn it's soooo good to see it looking back at ya!!

I'm 1lb away from 1.5 stone, 3lb away from ww goal and 12lb from personal goal...roll on summer 2011 :P!

Happy Saturday guys...unlike some of you lukcy duckies who finished exams this week I'm into a day of study zZ!

That's a fantastic loss, so close to goal. You are doing so well.
    Monife wrote: »

Hope you feel better after a night away. Some people say stress makes them lose weight - it was always the other way round for me too!

oh i'm in total self entitlement mood! but splurging on non food things. lol the puppy is one, spent 40 euro on hair cut today :O most i've ever spent on a hair cut! also bought like 4 packs of the ww desert style yoghurts....i had a lil slip earlier tho :P hair dressers were running behind so i went for a coffee.....and they were giving free desserts with the coffee :O and a ikkle slice of carrot cake : P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Hi everyone,

I'm trying my hand at baking, made ww scones, banana bran muffins and apple crumble. Would love a pp brown bread recipe if anyone has one, thanks:)

Blooming wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying my hand at baking, made ww scones, banana bran muffins and apple crumble. Would love a pp brown bread recipe if anyone has one, thanks:)

I have a brown soda bread that I make which I pointed at 22grams per 1 propoint. Interested? It will be tomorrow before I can post the recipe though as I have to get ready and head out soon.

thats it, done diff bike picked! More expensive but had to be done. Not going to any more bike shops tho...my head is fried!

• Advertisement

Much better! My little office/den/tv room all cleaned up! Plenty of room to get back to Wii and aerobics dvds over the summer!

god this is the best cup of coffee all week! no rushing! no stress! just coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

I've just had one of those horrible experiences that you sometimes hear about but you never think will happen to you.

I was at a family event and i met a lady who i hadnt met in years and she said to me 'oh you're blooming, when are you due?'. Thing is its my sister that is pregnant not me. I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. I had to plaster on a smile and explain that it isnt me. I had to force myself to keep chit chatting so as not to be obvious but i got away eventually.

I managed to stick it out for another 20 minutes and i just slipped away home, i am so upset over it. I've heard of stories like that from other people, i just never expected it to happen to me.

Maybe people will think im being oversensitive but i was already feeling big and unglamorous in comparison to others there.

Thing is all i want to do now is eat, how ironic is that???? Other people would use it as the biggest motivation ever :(

I joined ww last week and i lost 3.5lbs but sometimes i just feel ive soooooooo far to go that i will never ever get there.

Sorry for the rant, i just needed to get it off my chest, was too embarassed to tell people what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

I've just had one of those horrible experiences that you sometimes hear about but you never think will happen.......

Sorry for the rant, i just needed to get it off my chest, was too embarassed to tell people what happened

Westerngirl, you don't need to be sorry, this place is made for ranting!

No matter what anyone says to you to try and get you out of the way you are feeling now, it's really truly going to be down to you. This type of thing has happened to all of us at one time or another and not just weight wise. Things happen! Of course you feel crap and will do for a while but for how long and what you do to deal with it is really down to you. You control you! Don't allow this to be an excuse to go backwards. You made a good decision last week....keep going in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I've just had one of those horrible experiences that you sometimes hear about but you never think will happen to you.

I was at a family event and i met a lady who i hadnt met in years and she said to me 'oh you're blooming, when are you due?'. Thing is its my sister that is pregnant not me. I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. I had to plaster on a smile and explain that it isnt me. I had to force myself to keep chit chatting so as not to be obvious but i got away eventually.

I managed to stick it out for another 20 minutes and i just slipped away home, i am so upset over it. I've heard of stories like that from other people, i just never expected it to happen to me.

Maybe people will think im being oversensitive but i was already feeling big and unglamorous in comparison to others there.

Thing is all i want to do now is eat, how ironic is that???? Other people would use it as the biggest motivation ever :(

I joined ww last week and i lost 3.5lbs but sometimes i just feel ive soooooooo far to go that i will never ever get there.

I know you feel awful tonight, but don't let it put you off the weight loss. 15/16 years ago (when I last got to my goal weight) I had lost about 6 stone, so don't feel that you'll never get there. If I could do it, then you can too. I'm sure that not only did it change my life for the better, but it no doubt meant that I won't have any health problems that being overweight can lead to. Hope you feel better soon & good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

I QUITE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't quit hon, we've all had day's where we just want to throw in the towel but the only thing that ends up happening is we start again at a later date a few stone heavier. Draw a line under your bad day and give it another go, i have faith that you can do it :)

hmmm steak!

My WI day treat dinner of choice! (still within my dailies) woo!

200g Aldi Minute streak (visible fat removed) grilled in george forman (9pp)
    300g boiled baby potatoes (6pp)
    25g sweet corn + 25g peas (1pp)
    Home made peppercorn Sauce (1pp)

STUFFED for 17pp not bad for a steak dinner!

I "fried" the steak on the george forman, left the grill open, and just watched the fat drain out....stayed so tender!

The Fry Light Lo-cal Butter spray is SO SO nice! BUY IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

anyone have any 'significant' targets in their sights?

As you might have read previously, I'm 0.8 away on the BMI scale from no longer being obese, I'm 3Lbs away from saying goodbye to the 15st and start working my way down the 14s, 3% away from having lost 15% of my starting weight, ...

oh and sunday I'll have been on my WW journey for 100days

My first goal is to lose 1 stone before my birthday and i'm half way there 7lbs down and 7 weeks to my birthday. Second goal is to get below 18 stone, haven't been under it in about 10 years, not putting a time limit on it but hoping for 2 lbs a week. and finally my personal goal is to wear a dress at christmas, i know that a while away but i've seen a dress i love and it only comes in size up to 16 am currently 22. can't wait to wear a dress again, last time was for my graduation which was about 19 years ago :eek: oh i feel old now

Peeps,

Please note, for those that want in, get this weeks WI numbers into me and I'll start populating the league spreadsheet.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

'oh you're blooming, when are you due?'.

It happened me when I was on a family holiday to the states. We were in Disney and I was trying to get up on the carrousel (moving horses), but my short legs (a lovely long 27 inches!!!!!) were making it difficult. The woman beside me said 'fair play' once I managed to get up. I was just about to laugh about it when she said 'I wouldn't have dreamed about trying that when I was pregnant'. I just smiled and said nothing. About a min later, she was like - 'you're not pregnant are you?' I said no and then she just made everything worse by going on and on about her mistake. The worst fair ride of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Unrelated, but - go on the Jedward :D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement