Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends With Benefits

• 24-11-2014 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

My best friend is in a f#£'k buddy situation for a while now,but he's fallen for the girl,she doesn't know BUT he doesn't want a serious relationship&thats fair enough, not sure she does either, problem is he never wanted to fall for her&now his stomachs in knots wondering what he should do,any advice fellow posters? Please & cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Moved from After Hours. Please read the current forum charter below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057235143

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

So looks like as he is now more into her, but doesn't want a relationship - what he's maybe looking/hoping for is her not to engage in any shennanigans with other lads - while allowing him to do his own thing? If so, been there when I was younger,at the time felt like giving him a clip around the ear! And that was the end of that friends with benefits scenario.
    Sorry, move to PI crossed my post. Hope he can have a think about he want's, run it by her and if they don't see eye to eye move on in good spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

Ruu wrote: »
    Moved from After Hours. Please read the current forum charter below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057235143

Tryed to put it in 'the Gentlemen's Lounge' but couldn't do it from phone,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

So looks like as he is now more into her, but doesn't want a relationship - what he's maybe looking/hoping for is her not to engage in any shennanigans with other lads - while allowing him to do his own thing? If so, been there when I was younger,at the time felt like giving him a clip around the ear! And that was the end of that friends with benefits scenario.
    Sorry, move to PI crossed my post. Hope he can have a think about he want's, run it by her and if they don't see eye to eye move on in good spirit.

I advised him to quit while he's ahead,because someone will end up hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

If he doesn't want a relationship with her then he can't have fallen for her that much !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Dellnum wrote: »
    If he doesn't want a relationship with her then he can't have fallen for her that much !!!

Truth. This happens all the time and when it does, the person DOES want a relationship, against all the odds.

Otherwise it's more about possession than falling for someone. If you really and truly "fall for" someone you'll move mountains and change your outlook to be with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it. Probably hoping to block her from seeing other guys so he can maintain his cosy arrangement. He's either 'fallen' for her or not. If he has he'd want something more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Where do you fit in op?

Advertisement