Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phoenix Park Concert - Swedish House Mafia *** READ POST 121 BEFORE POSTING***

• 01-07-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10 Keekee3

Hey,

just going to the Sweedish House Mafia concert ( 7th July ) and it's my first concert in Phoenix Park. Just wondered would anyone be able to provide me with some info, be much appreciated;
    • How long does it take to walk from gates to actual concert?
    • Can you bring drink in with you?
    • Do they sell drink in the concert?
    • Any info/tips would be great

Thanks again, really appreciate it

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Keekee3 wrote: »
    Hey,

just going to the Sweedish House Mafia concert ( 7th July ) and it's my first concert in Phoenix Park. Just wondered would anyone be able to provide me with some info, be much appreciated;

1. Id say once you get through the gates you will be in the concert area
    2. No (unless you sneak it in)
    3. Yes
    4. Enjoy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

Keekee3 wrote: »
    Hey,

Its been a few yrs since I was at a gig there (rhcp) but think it was about 15-20 mins from the gates into the park to the gig entrance. Theyll be searching people for drink but usually not too hard to sneak in a naggin. There'll be drink on sale, not sure who has the rights but will probably be only one brand available. As for advice, get the luas to heuston, will probably be quicker than a bus, prepare for the worst weather wise and bring some loo roll or tissues as it usually runs out by the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keekee3

Thank you both furious red and ceegee for your replies, greatly appreciated! It's my first time in Dublin since being a Child so I needed all the help I could get! I'll definitely be using all your tips! Thanks again guys,
    Lyndsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laylaxx

Does anyone know how strict they'll be regarding id? Im 16 and would normally pass for 18 but the email I got they seem really strict :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

If you are coming from the Heuston (train) Station end of the park, it is about a mile and a quarter from the main gate of the park to where the concert is, so I'd say about 20-25 min walk.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

audman wrote: »
    I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

Once you are in you wont be allowed back out

audman wrote: »

Once you are in you wont be allowed back out

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Frankie7

Anyone know any stage times?? I see the ORBs have on thier fb page that gates are opening at 3 now instead of 4 and thay take the stage at 3,15 but havent heards times for any other acts other than that it has to be finished by half 11 but not sure if thats fact or just hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Actually is this sold out? I heard it wasn't but can't be too sure. I was thinking of getting tickets for it tomorrow morning depending on the weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Actually is this sold out? I heard it wasn't but can't be too sure. I was thinking of getting tickets for it tomorrow morning depending on the weather
    On ticketmaster they seem to be still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Cokeistan wrote: »

A few thousand available according to my sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lottie127

hey, would i be wasting my time arriving a bit after 6? any stage times confirmed?

Lottie127 wrote: »
    hey, would i be wasting my time arriving a bit after 6? any stage times confirmed?
    It depends really, what acts do you want to see? I myself have little or no interest in The Original Rudeboys. Arriving there a little after 6 means you'll miss The Original Rudeboys, Calvin Harris and quite possibly the first half of Snoop Dogg. I'd imagine you'll be there in plenty of time for tiny, as for SHM, enjoooooooooooy 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How come at 3 miles away I heard not a peep from the stone r's but can hear every blip bleep and wub from this junk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

LH Pathe wrote: »
    How come at 3 miles away I heard not a peep from the stone r's but can hear every blip bleep and wub from this junk

God is punishing you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Me And My Mate Went To See Snoop Calvin Harris And The Original Rudeboys But We Didn't have a Ticket So We Strolled Up And Found A Barrier On A Tree And We Seen Everything!!:)

mcd_productions
    We can officially announce that the Swedish House Mafia show is now completely sold out. Anyone coming please bring Wellies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Kiera wrote: »

God is punishing you :P

sounds like one o tham parents days out in the park. hiphop, rave and inflatable castles. complete with dodgy mc

I can feel it now, it's coursing through me. Tinee tempah insists :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

sounds like one o tham parents days out in the park. hiphop, rave and inflatable castles. complete with dodgy mc

I can feel it now, it's coursing through me. Tinee tempah insists :(

Stick tissue in your ears. Stay with us man, dont go towards the light!!!!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Stick tissue in your ears. Stay with us man, dont go towards the light!!!!

Dont got towards one of these more like it

mzl.fyiozubl.320x480-75.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭fiacha

I'm getting better at ignoring the sounds from the Park gigs. It was hilarious looking at all the wasted kids hanging around Ashtown this afternoon. One poor lad was in a monkey costume and was half dead with the heat.

It's gonna look like a zombie rising with them all limping out of the Park later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

I can see a lot of complaints about the noise from this one. I'm in Nutgrove and its like there's a house party next door!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

phonypony wrote: »
    I can see a lot of complaints about the noise from this one. I'm in Nutgrove and its like there's a house party next door!

I did think there was a house party next door in Templeogue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

phonypony wrote: »

I did think there was a house party next door in Templeogue!!

Snap! We're in crumlin and can hear it so clear. Unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Rathfarnham... Doof Doof Doof..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's unbelievably loud in Templeogue, can't imagine what it's like for anyone living closer to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Drove up Chesterfield Ave earlier on... my god! Talk about Zombies... people covered in mud head to toe, pissed out of their heads, fighting and arguing all over the place, I can only imagine what it is like inside the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Kensington wrote: »
    It's unbelievably loud in Templeogue, can't imagine what it's like for anyone living closer to it!

What the f is it actually like st the gig? We were at stone roses on Thursday and i didnt think the sound was all that great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

There is going to be some amount of complaints about this which will further put a big negitive on any further concerts in the phoenix park... The noise polution is rediclous, it can be heard very clear in tallaght, im in templeogue & could hear the words!

Also the state the park is in, the grass & area is ruined... I know from previous events i have been involved & worked in that the Park will not tolerate this & there will be a heavy fine to MCD to fix the grass back to the way it was when they got it.

Advertisement