Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Capri wrote: »

It's about time they started going up in price, seriously undervalued car, probably one of the best Mercs out there really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What are those controls for between the rear window switches in the white 560? http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=225414055&cd=634912041460000000&asrc=st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭w124man

It's about time they started going up in price, seriously undervalued car, probably one of the best Mercs out there really.

Not that one though. The rear suspension is too low so the self levelling is knackered .... I'll wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

Anan1 wrote: »
    What are those controls for between the rear window switches in the white 560? http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=225414055&cd=634912041460000000&asrc=st

Dunno. Never seen them before. I'm guessing it's to do with the audio and the four buttons are for adjusting the balance between the speakers in the corners? I note that car has the rare onboard computer in the instrument panel too. The wheels are all wrong though - possibly just the winter tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

w124man wrote: »
    Not that one though. The rear suspension is too low so the self levelling is knackered .... I'll wager.

Engine's running and it's still sitting down :o
    Steels/winter tyres ?:confused:

The other one's a million times better presented http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.as...asrc=fa%7cs|fs :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

quattro777 wrote: »

INFAMOUS more like :P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

at least is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

w124man wrote: »

VERY bad ad for a German ( maybe it's a Turk selling it ? :p )

300E 4Matic feature

http://www.autobild.de/klassik/artikel/mercedes-300-e-4matic-2280447.html
    Mercedes 300 E 4Matic- 01.03.2013
    One way to perfection
    The best or nothing. The slogan of today was the theme of yesterday. Nothing proves that catchy as the 4Matic all-wheel drive in the Mercedes W124.

S he were called Syncro, 4WD, or 4x4: Your producer surfed in the eighties on the four-wave that had triggered the Audi Quattro 1980th With one exception: Ironically, the technology company, Daimler-Benz insisted on rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive passenger cars declined even from simply. But the all-wheel-abstinence not necessarily improved. The winter performance of the Daimler Board of Management recognized in time A permanent four-wheel system as the competition, perhaps with a manual locking differential came, but not in question. This did not fit the technological leadership of the brand. Shareholder value was still just a word from the textbook for business students. Engineers decided not to Controller or Sales Manager. It was one of the best, the perfect. The aim of the engineers: optimum traction, full ABS function and optimum driving stability in all weather conditions. Daimler said in the prospectus unusual modesty of a "new era of drive technology."
    The design effort took absurd forms: the front axle differential, the engineers placed next to the oil pan, the right drive shaft runs like a tunnel through the middle! Second obstacle: the front coil springs. No problem for the creative Swabia, they were the coil spring come up with "random". The third turn of the front springs was far protracted to fit through the drive shafts. Inside, only interpret the wider center console and the orange indicator light in the speedometer points to the all-wheel drive. There are no additional switches - the 4Matic operates fully automatically. When starting principle wheel drive is turned on. Have all four wheels full liability, the 4Matic goes from a speed of 20 km / h with rear wheel drive. Even when braking wheel drive and differential locks are turned off so that the ABS remains functional. The system is controlled by means of sensors which measure the speed. Occur different wheel speeds on the front and rear axle, the hydraulic unit receives a control pulse.
    For eternity: Mercedes-Benz G-Class

Only in the deep sand you can see the 4MATIC when the automatic differential lock switch.

© K.-U. Knoth
    Without the driver the 4Matic operates in three stages of regulation: The front drive switches itself, the differential locks are not used. The force is distributed front / rear in the ratio 35:65. Still occurs at slip on one or more wheels, locks the 4Matic central planetary gear differential between front and rear axle. This results in a force closure of 50:50. Continue to have speed differences exist at the wheels, the rear differential also locks the 4Matic. H above 35 km / the third stage is no longer running. All processes occur in milliseconds, only the glowing indicator light in the tachometer indicates the active 4Matic. In everyday driving, the driver notices any of this magic, a 300 4Matic E drives like its counterpart with rear wheel drive. The changes, however, when the ground is slippery: Approach with much acknowledged the tail gas with a short twitch, quickly turns the 4Matic to the front wheels, the all-wheel-Benz pulls stoically its orbit.
    Perfection makes timeless: Mercedes 280 TE

A nondescript orange warning light in the speedometer reveals the all-wheel drive.

© K.-U. Knoth
    So much traction came at a price: 1990 300 E 4Matic cost a 71,307 Mark - Mark 12,882 more than the normal rear wheel drive 300 E. The first owner of the car photo 33,191.10 Mark invested more in special equipment. Mark stood 104,498.10 as the total amount on the new car invoice, plus transfer costs! At this rate there was already a state-supporting 500 SEL with 252 hp V8. The hefty 4Matic surcharge paid only 34,177 customers, compared to approximately 2.4 million built 124 series sedans and T models a small number terms of exclusivity, technical complexity and the exorbitant Neupreisen are 4Matic models today have low. Especially in Switzerland, we find well-equipped vehicles without repair backlog at prices from 5000 to 7000 euros. Even after 20 years and more than 100,000 km of four-wheel drive does not usually impeccable. Historically, the 124-4Matic models are of particular importance: they mark a high point of the techno era. Such a complex car-wheel-drive technology would have no chance to series production. The successor W 210 came in 1997 with a simplified four-wheel drive, differential locks were replaced with electronically controlled traction crutches. That's enough for one-way street.
    History
    At the IAA 1985, Mercedes the "Driving Dynamics Concept", which in addition to traction systems ASD (automatic locking differential) and ASR (Traction Control System) and the fully automatic four-wheel drive 4Matic acting involved. On 17 January 1986, Mercedes-wheel drive system before the trade press in the Swedish Arctic Circle, was delivered from April 1987. The 4Matic gave it only for the six-cylinder sedans and station wagon models of the W 124 - to the aforementioned charge of around 12,800 mark. The 4Matic models made ​​with the model update cycle of the series, particularly highlight the first major facelift is in September 1989. Due to low demand and 300 D 260 E 4Matic 4 Matic accounted for in June 1991. The last major facelift in June 1993 brought the new name of the series E-Class (from 300 E 4Matic was E 300 4Matic) and the grille badge. Already in October 1992 introduced four-valve engines were four-wheel models, but denied. The 4Matic models remained until the end of 1995 in series production.
    Specifications

Reinforced engine mounts or the unpretentious service valve to disable the 4Matic details betray the all-wheel drive.

© K.-U. Knoth
    Mercedes 300 E 4Matic Engine : six-cylinder, front lengthwise • overhead camshaft, driven by timing chain • Two valves per cylinder • mechanical-electrical fuel injection (Bosch KE-Jetronic • Bore x stroke 88.5 x 80.2 mm • Displacement 2960 cc • 9.2:1 compression • 132 kW (180 hp) at 5700 rpm • Maximum torque 255 Nm at 4400 rpm • Powertrain / Chassis:. four-speed automatic (supplement: 3101 Mark Series: five-speed manual) • Four wheel drive • Independent, front shock absorber strut axle, gas shock absorbers, coil springs, stabilizer, rear multi-link axle, gas shock absorbers, coil springs, stabilizer • disc brakes front / rear • Tires 195/65 VR 15 • Dimensions: Wheelbase 2800 mm • L / W / H 4740/1740/1451 mm • Net weight 1510 kg • Performance / fuel consumption: 0-100 km / h 9.1 s • Top • 217 km / h Consumption 11, 0 l S/100 km • Original Price: 71,307 Mark (1990).
    Plus / Minus
    124er can still be seen daily in the streets. Yet he is not perceived to be classic cars, although the oldest samples are 28 years old now. A well maintained 124 series is very durable and fully suitable for everyday use, this also applies to the rare 4Matic models. Due to the added weight of approximately 130 kg and frictional losses in the drive train offer 4Matic versions slightly worse performance. Consumption is higher by about one to two liters, the turning circle. Around a meter higher than the rear-wheel drive The mechanical components of the 4Matic are very robust, interference occurs, it is often faulty sensors.
    Spare Parts

The 124-4Matic models marked a culmination of a technologically ambitionnierten era.

© K.-U. Knoth
    The part is easy to find, both used almost like new, everything's possible. Difficult it is only at rare parts for interiors as medium red leather. Several components are 4Matic specific even such mundane wear parts such as the brake discs and pads front. Nevertheless, they are low: two front discs cost 164 euros, the euro coverings 124th For a new 4Matic coil spring front 217 euros are due. The parts are much more expensive for the powertrain: A new drive shaft right front costs 1272 Euro. Anyone on a ride in the front axle area is ruined, with proud Euro 4079 fast at the boundary of an economic total loss.
    Market situation
    Of nearly 2.6 million built W 124 only 34,177 copies had to drive 4Matic. Thus 4Matic models are about as rare as 124-convertible , but a lot cheaper. Prices for desolate mile eaters start at around 1000 euro. For 4000 to € 5,000 4Matic models are in good condition, independent of engine and body style. Even top specimens with extensive equipment, a complete history and low Miles cost less than 10,000 euros.
    Recommendation
    Beware of cheap quotes from Alpine regions: especially 4Matic wagon models often have a hard life. Important: Ensure proper function of the wheel system. Repairs to the complex 4Matic are expensive, scarce experts.

1978 Jaguar XJS. I almost wood (sic) :eek: No, not really.... :)

Edit: It even has a WWE reg, ffs! What more could you want?

Not your ornery onager

1977 RR Silver Shadow II just for the lingo alone!
    ... deposit as soon as auction finishes frew paypall if u carnt do that then dont bid...

Not your ornery onager

1978 Lotus Elite Is that the standard rear end? A bit of Jensen going on....

Not your ornery onager

Capri wrote: »
    The Donedeal Cortina "restoration" is now famous.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing...d+cars+on+ebay.

INFAMOUS more like :P:P:P

I cannot believe 24 'blind' people :D put bids on it up to £2400.

For £1k more you could have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-Y-Ford-Cortina-1-6L-Saloon-33000miles-from-new-Cordoba-Beige-/281056696661?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417048d955 :cool::cool:

Mercedes Benz 450 SLC 1979 Car is in UK, but on Irish reg (ZV 25717), so no VRT'ing required.

Edit:

Funny bit from the Q&A section of the ad :)
    Q: Hi there, can you send some additional photo's of the 450SLC please and are the ebay pics current or were they taken some time ago, I only ask because the UK reg is on the car?

A: Hi, thanks for asking that question. They were taken last November. My father never did bother to change the actual number plates as he always liked the 'KGB' lettering and he drove it around with the Irish plates in the boot! Irish authorities were never particularly bothered and the car was only used sparingly anyway. I will send those additional pics shortly to you.
    If, as the seller says, the car can actually regain the KGB plate in the UK, this would probably make it more desirable there.

After all, people there (even non-ex-USSR, non-Russian, non-any intelligence agency people) seem to be prepared to pay mad money for the right to put an apparently random series of letters and numbers on their road-going vehicle.

You want FSB 1? This I can get. For you, special price....

Not your ornery onager

1976 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow I 20K miles! on LPG
    For sale by auction on Saturday 9th March 2013 with Historics at Brooklands, Brooklands Motor Racing Circuit, Weybridge, Surrey.
    Wonder how much it will go for?

Not your ornery onager

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

hahaha nice one!

1974 CHEVROLET CAMARO 383 STROKER
    scrooge_06 wrote:
    ALL YOU WATCHERS ON HERE... WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING? 103 WATCHERS AND 5 CALLS? SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE AND STOP WATCHING CLASSIFIED ADVERTS IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF BUYING OR VIEWING
    To paraphrase: Don't be getting my hopes up!

Some people like to watch...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

1979 MERCURY CAPRI 5.0 - RUNNING DRIVING RESTO - FOX BODY
    PRICE REDUCED ... I HAVE HAD LOTS OF CALLS / TEXTS / MESSAGES BLAH BLAH BLAH BUT NO ONE HAS BOTHERED LOOKING AT CAR. NEED IT GONE SO FIRST BID GETS IT ... NO RESERVE ... 07985 281310

Not your ornery onager

1979 AUSTIN ALLEGRO 1100 SUPER DELUXE
    REMOVABLE POLICE CAR LIVERY
    Just open the driver's door to remove the POLICE sign....

Not your ornery onager

1979 Land Rover Series 111 Santana LHD Diesel Station Wagon 15K miles
    Very solid and rot free, typical of a sunbaked Land Rover.
    Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where they got this from? I'm thinking Middle East?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Esel wrote: »
    1979 Land Rover Series 111 Santana LHD Diesel Station Wagon 15K miles Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where they got this from? I'm thinking Middle East?

The Santana was produced in Spain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santana_Motor

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Yeah santanas were built in Spain under licence, there was a place in tullow importing new ones a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Esel wrote: »
    1974 CHEVROLET CAMARO 383 STROKER

To paraphrase: Don't be getting my hopes up!

Some people like to watch...
    I just put it on my watch list to piss him off! What an ass I think everyone here should watch it.

and heres one for the merc fans!.http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4658743

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C368913
    1979 porch asking 10 sterling on zv.

3472213.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I just put it on my watch list to piss him off! What an ass I think everyone here should watch it.

Ditto.

If only we could get it viral and get a few thousand watching it! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement