Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fed up of life

• 16-12-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone. I am desperately looking for advice, I am in a life crisis. I am a 2nd year nursing student, still only young (20yrs) , but i am desperately unhappy in my life. I suffer from depression, and have thought about finishing my life more than once. Let me tell you a bit more about me.
    I come for an unsteady family, both my father and mother do not get on well together..we have been physically and mentally abused both since a young age, and this, has seriously affected my self esteem. I come from a good looking family, and have always got attention from boys because of my looks. But it never goes beyond a merse acknowledgment of looks. I am socially awkward, and have never had real friends. I got bullied in secondary school, and this still catching up on me. I fall for guys too easily, and end up absolutely crushed and heartbroken. I cry all the time, and am so unhappy in my life that i often feel like im looking at my life, and watching this stranger living it for me. I gain weight, I lose weight, its a constant battle, and worse more, i am living a life of fakeness. U grew up in a house where i had to watch my mam and da acting fake in front of people, pretending to be all nice and friendly, when the real truth was that they were the most unhappiest people you can imagine, both also suffering from depression. I dont know what to do anymore, because quite frankly I am so tired from it all. Just recently, i had lost a load of weight and was so happy with how far id come, i fell for a guy in my class, had never even spoketo him, but started obsessing over him , because he used to stare at me all the time. End up sleeping with him one night, a few weeks later hes going out wigth a girl in my class. The result of this?? Back to overeating, no motivation, crying, tearfulness.. I cant live my life like this anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Probably better off posting in PI and going to a doctor Op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Lots of good advice here, OP.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056481009

Very best of luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Personal Issues, tbh. Doubt you'll find what you're looking for here OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

As said earlier, PI is the best place for this.
    You clearly need some help and posting this is a good start. But you do need to go to your doctor and get counseling.
    You have a lot of baggage and need to learn how to cope with it and move to a better place where you can live the life you deserve.
    Good luck OP.

Hey OP, I'm going to move this to the Personal Issues forum for you, there is also the thread which Donkey Oaty kindly linked to above which might be of benefit to you. You might also find some helpful resources here or here.

Looking for help is the first and biggest step, which you have now taken. You will get through this :)

Edit: Just see you've posted in PI already so I'll leave this one locked. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement