Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Were you born in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock?

• 06-10-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My sister, RIP, trained in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock, from 1980-1982 She loved the babies she cared for. She was godmother to a number of babies and kept some wrist bands and feeding records for some of the babies, she also took some photos - I have kept her treasured records and know that there may be someone out there who would like to get a little bit more information about their past. How do I get a link to these people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

viewpoint wrote: »
    My sister, RIP, trained in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock, from 1980-1982 She loved the babies she cared for. She was godmother to a number of babies and kept some wrist bands and feeding records for some of the babies, she also took some photos - I have kept her treasured records and know that there may be someone out there who would like to get a little bit more information about their past. How do I get a link to these people.

Hi Viewpoint,
    I was born march 1982. I was in temple hill from March 26th until May. Any chance you might have one for me? I have my birth details... I know its a long shot...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Posts split from main thread.
    I'd be grateful if you could keep posts related to St. Pats here please.

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

Hi Viewpoint

Many adopted people will probably at least start their search for information with the adoption agency they were adopted through or through the Adoption Authority, so maybe try to contact them and arrange for copies of the stuff you have to be added to the relevant fles?. If its Temple Hill, the agency was probably St Patricks Guild (who are still in existence) or the AAI will also have file on every legal Irish adoption (just g**gle either for contact details). If you an attach birthnames, dob's etc for the kids to the records and pictures, they should be able to find the right file.

My sympathies on the loss of your sister.

All the best.

Rins

• Registered Users Posts: 17 viewpoint

Hi Rinsjwind, thanks for guidance on this. I noticed that some of the wristbands had St. Patrick's Guild on them so good to know that it is still there to link with on this. Thanks for your kindness about my sister also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sorry to hear about your sister.
    I hope you manage to find the people concerned.
    I will send you on my details too in the off chance. I was St Patrick's Guild but dunno where I spent the 1st few months.

• Advertisement

For the sake of accuracy - babies were not born in St. Patrick's but were cared for in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bazza81

Hi there ,I was just seeing if this place was still open , I would like to see it ,Iwas there from october 81 till end of december 81, I would love to see if there was any pictures of me as a baby , tell me what i need to do , sorry to hear bout your sister, I do have details of my birth weight and what i was eating and stuff like that , any help would be great cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 egav

Hi,my sister was in St Patricks,Temple hill.she was born on the 12th july 1980 and remained there until november that year,just wondering if any of the information you have might relate to her.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amandajaq

Hi,

My husband was in temple hill from may 1981 until around October 1981. His given name was Anthony Gerard, which was changed to john. He had bright ginger hair as a baby. If you have anything that would relate, that would be a wonderful thing for him to see. Thank you so much. This is a wonderful thing to do. Condolences to you and your family. Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Liverdub 80

hi there, do realise that this post is a few yrs old but I also was in st patricks guild from March 1980 to October/November 1980,my mum often talks of d nurses who were there,one in particular who was very good to me,I just wonder if by some small chance cud this of been your sister!i do realise its a long shot but any information or photos would be greatly appreciated x so sorry to hear of your sisters passing,rip.

• Advertisement

amandajaq wrote: »
    Hi,

My husband was in temple hill from may 1981 until around October 1981. His given name was Anthony Gerard, which was changed to john. He had bright ginger hair as a baby. If you have anything that would relate, that would be a wonderful thing for him to see. Thank you so much. This is a wonderful thing to do. Condolences to you and your family.

Hi - apologies for delay in replying, my sister was working there in May, 1981. I have looked over records but have not noticed that name, however there are photos and names are not very clear, he might be interested in seeing what the St Patrick's looked like at that time.
    Regards Claire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...however there are photos and names are not very clear, he might be interested in seeing what the St Patrick's looked like at that time.
    Regards Claire

Hi Claire,
    I was in St. Patrick's a few years before those photos were taken (b. '76) but I'd still be delighted to know what it looked like inside if it would be possible to share the pictures with me too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Claire,
    I was in St. Patrick's a few years before those photos were taken (b. '76) but I'd still be delighted to know what it looked like inside if it would be possible to share the pictures with me too.

Any chance I could have a look at some too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Liverdub 80

Hi Claire I was also in st patricks from March 1980 to October/November 1980,wud be really interested to know what it looks like & where I spent my first 7 to 8 months.would be really grateful if u could share d photos with me also!many thanks x

tyview wrote: »
    Any chance I could have a look at some too :D
    Hi Tyview,
    Thanks for your reply, there is no problem viewing the keepsakes belonging to my sister. If you want to sent me a private message with contacts I will get in contact and we can arrange something,
    Take care
    Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AnyoneTOO

I was born in pats on the navan road in 1965, a month later I was transferred to Temple Hill until 14 months later in 1966 I was adopted and left.
    Aparrently my BM stayed for 6 months paying for my care there while she worked. She was very young at the time :-(
    Sadly she left and has not made contact since.
    I notice this building now appears to be in the private business world.
    There is no access to it from the surrounding roads other than a security barrier/locked gate.
    Can be seen on google earth, unfortunatly I cannot find anything on google earth to provide a geographical location.
    Type into google its name, click on images. You will find it :-)
    Aparrently its now called Rosemont School
    The alzheimers society of Ireland also have an interest in it with a sign at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marttom

Hi I trained as a nursery nurse at Temple hill from sept 1982_mar 1984 , sorry to hear about your sister .I have 8 tags and some photos of my time there its 30 years ago and I would love to give them to the right people ,just looking at them now and imagining how special it would be for those people to have them returned.All I can say isit was a training hospital but we could not love or care for those babies more the staff would give the same children to a nurse so they would become familiar to them .if anyone wants to contact me please do

Many thanks for your kind message, like you I would love to give the little items back to those searching for any bit of their past no matter how small, I am at a complete loss how to do this. Don't think it would be useful to give them to agencies who were involved at the time. It must be awful to know so little about who you are, when at the same time there are probably more nurses who also have name bands and tags etc which they want to give back. Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marttom

Hi I think I remember your sister I trained in Temple hill ,82_84 I have already posted a message here I have some tags too so sorry for your loss if I am correct about your sister who died tragically she was a real lady who loved children I would love to give back those tags too even though I have moved many times I never lost them best wishes

If you would like to send private message I would like to give you a contact for me if you wish to make contact.

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Claire,

Hi, Are you still interested in viewing photos etc from Templehill - if so please send on PM and hope can organise this, C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barbaraann42

i was born there in 72 and id love to see so pictures of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keilys

Hi, my husband was here from October 1980 until May/June 1981. He is very interested in finding out more about his time in temple hill along with finding details of his BM. Does anyone know how to go about this as temple hill seems to be closed now.

keilys. chances are your husband was adopted through st patricks guild .which is located in dublin. i hope this helps

Thanks barbaraann42. Its seems St Patricks Guild has closed with no direction of how to contact them?? Is the next step the HSE boards in Dublin? Thanks again,

oh thats a shame!! you could ring hse . i wish you both lots of luck

Many thanks again for your help, fingers crossed.

contact the adoption right alliance.. they might help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Taobh leis an Muir

Hi, how great to stumble across this post Viewpoint and Marttom. Firstly I am sorry for your loss Viewpoint, your sister sounds like a really lovely person.
    I was in Temple Hill in October and November 1982. It is really wonderful to know that such caring people were looking after us there as I have always wondered what the first few months of my life were like, having no information it feels really good to know we were so well cared for.
    I was born on the 1rst October 1982 and was told the nuns christened me Marie Therese, blonde (barely there :D) hair and blue eyes. I would love to hear about any information you have.
    I mightn't have been there long enough to be remembered or have provided enough information but would like to thank you both for the thought you showed in holding onto these keepsakes for so long and the care we were obviously shown for you to have done so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I mightn't have been there long enough to be remembered or have provided enough information but would like to thank you both for the thought you showed in holding onto these keepsakes for so long and the care we were obviously shown for you to have done so.

+1. Just stumbled onto this forum & thread but it's so heartwarming to see that these ladies kept the tags from the babies. It shows real love. I hope that you manage to find the owners.

Advertisement