Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

bassy wrote: »
    caught these 2 river trouts few weeks ago after a flood.

What river are these from? Most (if not all) rivers close to trout angling on the 30th Sepember...did you kill 2 trout out of season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

not at all those 2 were caught around the middle of September,only got around to putting pics up a few weeks ago.
    Will be waiting for the 17th march 2012 :-)

whelzer wrote: »
    What river are these from? Most (if not all) rivers close to trout angling on the 30th Sepember...did you kill 2 trout out of season?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Good stuff and congrats - apologies if I came across a bit ratty...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

ah your grand,theres no harm in asking.trout fishing is probaly my most favorite to fish for.

whelzer wrote: »
    Good stuff and congrats - apologies if I came across a bit ratty...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

My personal best and it really made my summer. Caught off a peir at 1am it measured around 6foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Nice eel that and well done on the release. Specimen size conger nice catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Caught at Garryhill lake, Co Carlow.

63cm Rainbow...

393538_209261262486776_100002087102755_472958_820764471_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gashead

What weight would you think it is. i got one early this year, on a pattern you recommended :-) that looked about the same. I put her back without weighing or measuring. I guessed about 5lb.

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Went over to the Curragh Springs today for the first time. Had a cracker of a day. Got 8 including these 2 on successive casts just as Sean the owner came down to see how I was doing. All I can say about the place is Wow!

I know everyone who fishes there gives it a good report but i just feel I have to chip in with my tuppence worth. The fish are just so hard fighting its unbelievable. Great great day out :D:D:D
    uo481.jpg
    ip75fb.jpg

• Advertisement

gashead wrote: »
    What weight would you think it is. i got one early this year, on a pattern you recommended :-) that looked about the same. I put her back without weighing or measuring. I guessed about 5lb.

Sam

I'm thinking about 3kg or so, roughly 6lb...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Nice looking bows there daroxtar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Nice bows indeed, pity the ground there is so rough... Id say a lot of the fish get damaged when caught

Curragh Springs is one of the cleanest fisheries...

There's only one small section where there's gravel and the rest if all grass...

Fish can be taken out of the net, without been landed on the gravel..

They were the only 2 I had out of the water at all. Shaun arrived and banked them both. I left the rest in the net in the water to unhook them. Agree about the place being grassy, that spot where the slipway is is pretty much the only spot with gravel.

I'll definitly be spending more time over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Some pics of fishing done in 2011.....

Roll on 2012..............:)

308974_273168952714465_100000640880351_889116_1337272442_n.jpg

225735_207147705983257_100000640880351_617971_2033291_n.jpg

40649_141430262555002_100000640880351_245686_1430299_n.jpg

297892_247316998632994_100000640880351_797566_1350251_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Looks like you're in the spot for great fishing Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

okedoke wrote: »
    Looks like you're in the spot for great fishing Dan

Kerry the home of wild fishing... Course fishing done in mayo in april, i prefer bass, salmon and sea trout tho...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JohnboyB

Traumadoc wrote: »
    sorry for the delay, caught off Mauritius, 65kg yellow fin tuna

Wow did u eat all that?? Just killed it for the laugh? :mad:

JohnboyB wrote: »
    Traumadoc wrote: »
    sorry for the delay, caught off Mauritius, 65kg yellow fin tuna

Wow did u eat all that?? Just killed it for the laugh? :mad:
    it took you 5 years to respond to that? You must have really slow internet up there on your high horse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭purehoor

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Kerry the home of wild fishing... Course fishing done in mayo in april, i prefer bass, salmon and sea trout tho...:)
    they obviously dont show ye how to handle pike down there in the home of wild fishing. dont think youd like to be clamped by the mouth and hung up by it. disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

picture.php?albumid=1965&pictureid=11665

grand canal pike 5-6lbs first of 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

Lovely pike jay well done, would you not invest in a landing mat? keep the fish in good condition.

Lovely pike jay well done, would you not invest in a landing mat? keep the fish in good condition.

Thanks shane yeah im getting a landing mat tomorrow of if there in stock I always take care of all fish I land he went back fighting :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

A few from a trip put to Curragh Srpings today

the 3rd fish was the biggest and fought like a pitbull. Was at it for at least 10 minutes. Also, caught it on the first "proper" fly ive ever tied my self, a Diawl Bach which ads to the glory!:D

thehamo wrote: »
    A few from a trip put to Curragh Srpings today

the 3rd fish was the biggest and fought like a pitbull. Was at it for at least 10 minutes. Also, caught it on the first "proper" fly ive ever tied my self, a Diawl Bach which ads to the glory!:D

Nice catch thehamo:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Curragh Springs today. I love that place!!

1e2889.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Been a while since I had a ton bag..

40885323427633331860210.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

new1xs.jpg

new2y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

I'm not an angler at all and was looking at this thread randomly. Just have to say I think it's a great thing the consideration a lot of ye have for the welfare of the fish yis hunt. Fair play

Advertisement