Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon’s Biggest Ever Deals Event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I checked it a couple of times today and I have yet to see a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

sugarman wrote: »
    Why anyone uses amazon.co.uk with the current exchange rate is beyond me.

Stick to Amazon .de .fr or .es
    Can u get free delivery?
    I tried ordering from the Amazon Germany but there was no option of free super saver delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

iggy wrote: »
    Can u get free delivery?
    I tried ordering from the Amazon Germany but there was no option of free super saver delivery?

The foreign versions don't offer free delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Plus, Amazon.de won't send random stuff to Ireland. I find it's hit and miss what you can or can't buy, whether from Amazon or warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Absolutely.

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Can u get free delivery?

Well, I find their delivery charges quite reasonable. I've got a number of items from them over the years and the most I paid was €13.00. And that was for delivery by courier c/w tracking.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Plus, Amazon.de won't send random stuff to Ireland. I find it's hit and miss what you can or can't buy, whether from Amazon or warehouse.

You'll find that with Amazon UK as well. And the other Amazon variants. Each have their own "no Ireland" iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

You'll find that with Amazon UK as well. And the other Amazon variants. Each have their own "no Ireland" iirc.

It might as well say - No Irish Need Apply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

and amazon.it .nl and .at (Austria redirects to .de)

http://www.curiua.com/ - Price comparison - converts to Euro, but doesn't include shipping.

http://priceonline.eu/ is another price comparison for Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You have to remember when purchasing from amazon sites based in countries other than the UK that cost of returning something you don't like can be astronomical.
    The UK version have an Irish address for returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

You have to remember when purchasing from amazon sites based in countries other than the UK that cost of returning something you don't like can be astronomical.
    The UK version have an Irish address for returns.

Nope have returned several items postage paid once you choose amazon fulfilled.

Hootanany wrote: »

Is that if they're faulty? Because sending to amazon uk for returns is not postage paid in all cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Hootanany wrote:

No return is free !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All, what's the parcel motel equivalent for Germany, also what are the restrictions on 48" TVs?

Thanks,
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All, what's the parcel motel equivalent for Germany, also what are the restrictions on 48" TVs?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Mailbox DE I think - have never used it though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Because the UK site often has the item cheaper even after conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Possibly stupid question but can you buy English language books on .de? I would assume you wouldn't get same selection and the 1p second-hand ones you find on .co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

Collie D wrote: »
    Possibly stupid question but can you buy English language books on .de? I would assume you wouldn't get same selection and the 1p second-hand ones you find on .co.uk

Yes, lots there. I've also gotten some amazing deals on technical books from their warehouse in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Collie D wrote: »

Where do you find the 1p second-hand ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭cunnijo

degsie wrote: »
    Amazon Prime available right now for £59 for a year, ends tonight.

Sadly Prime is currently not available to Irish customers. I asked yesterday as I was interested in signing up under the £59.00 offer.

If however someone here has it and it works for them please correct me on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Justbecause

cunnijo wrote: »
    Sadly Prime is currently not available to Irish customers. I asked yesterday as I was interested in signing up under the £59.00 offer.

If however someone here has it and it works for them please correct me on this.

I presume someone in Ireland could use prime in conjunction with parcel motel maybe it would work but I've never use it so maybe someone who has can shed some light on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Prime is available to Irish customers but the only real benefit is the 'free' delivery. Access to the media offerings is only available by changing DNS settings or using a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

tallpaul wrote: »
    Prime is available to Irish customers but the only real benefit is the 'free' delivery. Access to the media offerings is only available by changing DNS settings or using a VPN[/qu

Isn't there also access to kindle library included?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried prime and it messed around with the free delivery, it calculated things weirdly and you didn't always get it faster. Oh, and they "allow" you buy nappies which prime members can't !

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Thanks,
    Gary

I got a 48" Samsung on amazon.de a while back. It was shipped by Amazon. €415 + €8 shipping. I checked it a month later and couldn't find one that would ship to Ireland but it might be worth your while going through them individually and checking each tv in your price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

tharmor wrote: »
    No return is free !!

I have never paid for a return when using the free delivery or prime option when looking for items. I am just about to return some headphones as we speak.

Hootanany wrote: »
    I have never paid for a return when using the free delivery or prime option when looking for items. I am just about to return some headphones as we speak.

Where have you been returning to?

On amazon uk I've had to pay to return things unless the goods were faulty, and even then I had to pay and later recoup postage charges back from amazon. Sometimes they send you a postage paid label but it can say that they'll deduct 7 euro from your account for charges if goods are not found to be faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Thanks,
    Gary

This one ships here, verified by Amazon. €750 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48J6350SU-48-LED-TV/dp/B00U57FHEC

You can decide yourself if its a good deal. Its certainly dearer on Amazon UK (Link).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

This one ships here, verified by Amazon. €750 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48J6350SU-48-LED-TV/dp/B00U57FHEC

You can decide yourself if its a good deal. Its certainly dearer on Amazon UK (Link).

That's a good bit over the 550 for the other one. From what I've read the curved is not that great after. Probably not worth 200.

Will have a scout round see is there any for the same price with delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so many bad deals that its hard to bother looking at all.

Advertisement