Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Japanese Rock & Metal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Have Loudness been mentioned yet? Read through the thread and couldn't see anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Links234 wrote: »
    Not your thing? Maybe try Intestine Baalism

This one deffo.
    Brilliant band.

Here, anyone remember the name of a Japanese metal band that did a cover of Pink Floyd's "One Of These Days"? Been bugging me for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Can't say I know it Dan Solo :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

adox wrote: »
    Have Loudness been mentioned yet? Read through the thread and couldn't see anything....

I was a big loudness fan, well of their older stuff. This thread seems to be about new stuff though. I haven't heard any of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Can't say I know it Dan Solo :o
    It was Gotsu Totsu Kotsu. They're named after a famous samurai which helped my hunt!
    Anyway, it's the last song on 2013's Legend Of Shadow. Which is a fine album besides. :)

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    I was a big loudness fan, well of their older stuff. This thread seems to be about new stuff though. I haven't heard any of it.

Post some older stuff then! ;)
    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It was Gotsu Totsu Kotsu. They're named after a famous samurai which helped my hunt!
    Anyway, it's the last song on 2013's Legend Of Shadow. Which is a fine album besides. :)

Oh awesome band! I've seriously been meaning to get their albums at some point ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Part two of ten second clips from Dir en grey's upcoming album "Arche".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

DELUHI / Frontier

Their awesome lead guitarist "Leda" One of the best in the world.

And he is totally not the same Leda "Kami of Guitar" that plays for Babymetal :cool:
    Seriousl though I've seen this guy live twice in London and he is fcking unreal

Mmm, new Dir En Grey and Nocturnal Bloodlust albums so close! :D

• Advertisement

Mmm, new Dir En Grey and Nocturnal Bloodlust albums so close! :D

Did you listen to the stream of The Omnigod? :)

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST -"THE OMNIGOD" (album stream): http://youtu.be/au8TRlS0TRc

No, I didn't.

btw, I was wondering, where do you normally get your albums from?

Usually CDJapan but I have ordered ARCHE Amazon.co.jp as its cheaper! CDJapan were looking £55ish in total with shipping and Amazon are charging the same with customs fees covered.

I normally order from hmv.co.jp only tried amazon.co.jp once or twice but found them a bit more expensive. Is this for the crazy First Press 2 CD and Bluray one? Seriously tempted by that one, but it's a bit pricey.

First press 2 CD and DVD but not blu-ray version :). I always find the packaging worth paying the extra for too. I just thought I'd treat myself :pac:

I'm tempted to poke someone to get it for me for Christmas :D otherwise might just be grabbing the standard edition.

the DVD version is going for ¥7,344 on hmv, just so you know ;)

But yeah, they really do put some amazing stuff into special editions and the like. I should take pics of the crazy Maximum the Hormone special edition I have

There's also a big shiny special edition of Nocturnal Bloodlust's The Omnigod which is 2CD + DVD, tempting as hell! :o

Their awesome lead guitarist "Leda" One of the best in the world.

I didn't want to indulge you, but damnit... I love Deluhi too damn much! :eek:

I'm sure you've heard Leda's other band Undivide by now, right? Well, former Deluhi drummer Sujk started a new project called Arkhelism. The second album had Juri on vocals, and Leda was meant to be a "guest" on a track, but you can kinda tell he did the whole album, so it's practically Deluhi without the original bassist. Well worth a look:

Also, yours truly may have a certain someone's signature guitar now :)

LMfWxrU.jpg

:D

Yeah Thanks to Babymetal I've been introduced to quite a few bands out of Japan, most with some sort of link back to the awesome "Kami" (Gods) of Metal in Babymetal. In some ways it's unfortunate that Deluhi and then Undivide had finished but fantastic because shortly after Leda joined Ohmura, Boh! and Aoyama in BM. Seeing them live twice this year was awesome.

I actually had a brief conversation with Leda online after he responded to my review of their show in Brixton. Also had a few exchanges with Yuya Maeta (BM Drummer) in the days after the show.

Leda probably is heavily involved in Arkhelism. Apart from being an insane musician, It's been said in the BM circles that He under the pseudonym " Tsubometal" produced the music for 3 tracks of the album.

So! Anyone like Matenrou Opera?

I absolutely loved their 2012 album Justice, but haven't gotten anything they've done since. They've a new album out since September, Avalon. Damnit, too much awesome stuff out lately, I can't keep up with it all! :eek:

• Advertisement

Shiiiiite...

I seem to have some trouble ordering the new Dir En Grey album :( Any edition doesn't seem to matter, it looks like I can't purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Shiiiiite...

I seem to have some trouble ordering the new Dir En Grey album :( Any edition doesn't seem to matter, it looks like I can't purchase it.

Are you using the english Amazon.jp?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you using the english Amazon.jp?

hmv.co.jp

I've sent them an email, so we'll see what happens

The leading lady in Metal right now, covering a song which originated from an old Anime in Japan called "Evangelion"

This is "Tamashi no Rufuran" (Soul's refrain) by Nakamoto Suzuka

Thanks to the exchange rate, the cost of the new Dir en grey album has dropped for me :pac:. 8982 ¥ including shipping and customs. Ahhh, come on Wednesday :D.

CD Japan is a good site to buy from but they are expensive. Amazon Japan sells at a lower price because the are based in Hong Kong not Tokyo

I'd usually use CDJapan but Amazon have worked out cheaper for me this time. It's a great site though. I've never had any problems with them.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I'd usually use CDJapan but Amazon have worked out cheaper for me this time. It's a great site though. I've never had any problems with them.

I got some Sakura Gakuin DVDs from CD Japan. It was a little more expensive but they through in some extras poster, Mouse pad and keyring

Got a reply from HMV, apparently the manufactures won't let them sell the album overseas. Maybe because they want folks to buy whatever European edition? If Amazon'll ship, I'll grab it there, I just normally always order from HMV, they're exceptionally good and I usually get coupons and stuff for money off orders.

• Advertisement

Well, ordered from amazon.co.jp with no troubles. Seriously pumped excited for the album, but won't be getting it until Christmas day because my mum said she'd get it for me :D Oh the anticipation! :eek:

Advertisement