Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

131 Reg Cars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Saw my first.

131-CN-23 A silver Transit. HSE branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cocobear

Inbox wrote: »
    My dad buys a car every couple of years I just asked him if he's getting one this year. His reply was "that crowd have made a bags of it, why would I buy a new car now, sure it'll be only new for 6 months" :pac:

Well under the old system a vehicle registered in any particular year had only one value, it didn't matter or effect the value when during the year it was registered. Under the new system a vehicle will have two values depending on it be being the first or second registration in a particular year. The motor trade will be quick to point this out when people are trading in vehicles with the new regs in years to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

cocobear wrote: »
    Well under the old system a vehicle registered in any particular year had only one value, it didn't matter or effect the value when during the year it was registered. Under the new system a vehicle will have two values depending on it be being the first or second registration in a particular year. The motor trade will be quick to point this out when people are trading in vehicles with the new regs in years to come!

<sarcasm> Yes! very quick. Very quick indeed </sarcasm>

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Only spotted two so far myself, 131 L Skoda Octavia and 131 D Range Rover Evoque white..both about Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've seen my first one! A Bimma 5 series speeding down Cathedral Rd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seen a kind of gold BMW 5 series today in Cork, 520d I'm nearly 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Will the Lord Mayor of Dublin have two new cars each year now? i.e. 131-D-1 and 132-D-2?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Seen two 131 cars so far, a yaris and a corolla. Nothing fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Goose81

Anyone?

Obviously not. They will probably remove the 132-D-1 reg so nobody else can have it if he has the 131-D-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Seen two 131 cars so far, a yaris and a corolla. Nothing fancy
    Very, very few fancy new cars are purchased these days.

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    Very, very few fancy new cars are purchased these days.

Look above and you'll see people have spotted a few BMW's about. People are buying new cars and fancy ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Saw my first one today on the M50, sitting in the middle lane with no one else around needless to say

Hyundai i40, was some kind of curtesy car. It was the format of the reg that made me notice, looks very weird with the hyphen in between Year, County & number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

131-W-15 or -16, a Mazda 6

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

131 KK 14 a silver Hyundai I20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Look above and you'll see people have spotted a few BMW's about. People are buying new cars and fancy ones too.
    Sure, a 520d is an expensive car, but fancy? I am not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The cost of a Bimma would make it fancy. Especially with a Paddy spec! :D

Seweryn wrote: »
    Sure, a 520d is an expensive car, but fancy? I am not sure.

Compared to your average yaris? Yes it is fancy.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Obviously not. They will probably remove the 132-D-1 reg so nobody else can have it if he has the 131-D-1

Why is it obvious?

Why is it obvious?

The country is in economic hardship, so I don't think it would go down well with the taxpayers for him to get two new cars a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The country is in economic hardship, so I don't think it would go down well with the taxpayers for him to get two new cars a year.

He only got a 1.6 daysul last year to be fair

• Advertisement

Isn't it sponsored by the motor company though?

Isn't it sponsored by the motor company though?

Don't think so. Maybe one of the other guys knows for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

RedorDead wrote: »
    All Black 2.0TDI 177 SE Multitronics. Identical spec. As Audi Ireland are paying for them it needs to find the car with the highest resale value in Ireland to minimise losses and the 2.0TDI Multi is that car. The losses on 80 x V6s would be eye watering!

@ Guy Incognito - almost 1,000 A6's in 2012.

LOL - 'resale value' and 'multitronic' do not belong in the same sentence. GLWS as they say !! :p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deisedarren

Does anyone knows are they a way to find out how many has been registered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭ofcork

Amazing that hyundai are 2nd in top selling brands but only 1 car in the top 10,the ix how come?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

131d132 land rover discovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I've still only seen around half a dozen and 2 were Hyundai courtesy cars (both being driven appallingly on the M50) and 3 others were seen during a single trip to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

ofcork wrote: »
    Amazing that hyundai are 2nd in top selling brands but only 1 car in the top 10,the ix how come?

Hyundai are flooding the market with demos and courtesy cars early in January. Each of their dealers doing upto 10 cars each which equates to over 300 cars. They are on a roll retail wise too but those figures are inflated.

Probably have the above program spread across models thus the non appearance in the top 10

Advertisement