Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Th1rt3en was alright, had a few good songs on it, Endgame was the last GREAT Megadeth album in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So Dave, how did the Manchester gig go last night (NSFW)? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Just when you thought Dave couldn't embarass himself any more....

I had a listen to the full Supercollider album today on Spotify. While it's not as bad as the first few tracks that were released, it's not very good either. To sum it up in a single word I would call it "lazy" , There's a couple of good riffs in there that could have been developed into much stronger songs but I get the feeling that they didn't want to stray too much outside of the comfort zone.

And they definitely try to stay within the confines of what you might term "radio friendly" hard rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Just when you thought Dave couldn't embarass himself any more....

I had a listen to the full Supercollider album today on Spotify. While it's not as bad as the first few tracks that were released, it's not very good either. To sum it up in a single word I would call it "lazy" , There's a couple of good riffs in there that could have been developed into much stronger songs but I get the feeling that they didn't want to stray too much outside of the comfort zone.

And they definitely try to stay within the confines of what you might term "radio friendly" hard rock.

I thought that too...could sit a bit too easily on 'mainstream' US rock radio, morto for a band considered to be anything but.

Johnny K's past production credits speak for themselves.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The lad must have been acting the c*nt for Mustaine to rear up on him like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The lad must have been acting the c*nt for Mustaine to rear up on him like that.

Possibly, but Dave M looks like the bigger tool from where I'm standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Philo must be turning in his grave! Musically it's not bad but if there was a vocalist who should never sing a Lizzy song it's Mustaine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Hard to know what's happening there.
    Was someone blocking one of the spotlights?
    It always makes me laugh when the stars "call out" someone in the crowd though. Yeah, they're going to make it to the stage past 100 security lads to have a punch up with you, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I met Mustaine in Newcastle when he did the instore signing last week. I was one of the first in the queue (literally third or fourth) and he looked a bit rough, as if he'd just arrived off the plane from somewhere and hadn't slept. He had good spirits and gave me a smile etc, I'm not complaining at all, I just felt for him that maybe the road is taking its toll.

Here's a still from David Ellefson's YouTube video of the event, as I photograph David filming me

580431_188267964666021_1365669867_n.jpg

It might just be me, but Motley Crue bears a smalls resemblance to Robb Flynn from the side,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It might just be me, but Motley Crue bears a smalls resemblance to Robb Flynn from the side,

WTF?? Robb Flynn is a midget, Motley Crue is about 7ft tall!!!!!!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    WTF?? Robb Flynn is a midget, Motley Crue is about 7ft tall!!!!!!!

Robb Flynn is hardly a midget, the guy is 6 foot tall

I think you're confusing me with the guy in front of me. I'm the one holding the camera on the right hand side. The tall one.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Robb Flynn is hardly a midget, the guy is 6 foot tall

Robb Flynn is 5'8" tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The new live album came out today

Countdown To Extinction-Live

Basically from when they were playing that album in full last season.

Must say that the sound quality on it is awful for an official release. If it came as an extra cd with a studio album release I would have thought it a crap add on, but as a stand alone release it reeks of a shoddy standard attempt to cash in.

Sounds like a decent quality bootleg when played through a good sound system

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

Kess73 wrote: »
    The new live album came out today

Countdown To Extinction-Live

Basically from when they were playing that album in full last season.

Must say that the sound quality on it is awful for an official release. If it came as an extra cd with a studio album release I would have thought it a crap add on, but as a stand alone release it reeks of a shoddy standard attempt to cash in.

Sounds like a decent quality bootleg when played through a good sound system

Thanks for this. Have it on Spotify and sounds just ok. In fact it just struck me that DM sounds not unlike Rich Hall at times - this is not a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Is that only out now? Its been on streaming sites for ages. Admittedly the quality was bad on the streams.

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine was the guest on Full Metal Jackie’s radio show this past weekend. Mustaine spoke about taking creative risks, the band’s latest album, ‘Super Collider,’ and his thoughts on reviews and what lies ahead for Megadeth. If you missed Jackie’s show, here’s her full interview with Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine.

http://loudwire.com/megadeth-dave-mustaine-creative-risks-super-collider-album-future-plans/

What can you tell us what we can expect from Megadeth in 2014?
    Nothing, we’re going to tour outside of the nation. In August we’ll start writing the next record. We’ll probably have a new release in 2015, we’re going to take next year off. We’ve changed management, we’ve had a lot of stuff happen over this year that’s been really good for us. One of the things that happened that was great was Gigantour, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and all of these things. But it’s also that we’ve been through the States three times in the last year. We just did the ‘Countdown to Extinction’ anniversary too. Our fans are loyal, but they’re not made of money and we know that. So we’ll go someplace else, focus on writing the new record. I’ve already have 68 riffs ready for the next record and for me it usually takes a lot of riffs to get where — it’s like making Sake. You have to go to the center of that grain of rice for the best stuff.

I can't believe people are already talking about a new album from this band or that Mustaine is. They only just released an album in 'Super Collider' and it was well received. You've got to credit Mustaine for not standing on ceremony, between albums, re-releases and box sets of anniversary events the band don't go six months between releasing something these days

All that AND they tour consistently

• Advertisement

I don't know about everybody here, but i hope the next Megadeth album is a major improvement from Super Collider, it felt more like a hard rock album to me, hopefully the next album will be more a mixture of The System Has Failed, United Abominations & Endgame......... But that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

I don't know about everybody here, but i hope the next Megadeth album is a major improvement from Super Collider, it felt more like a hard rock album to me, hopefully the next album will be more a mixture of The System Has Failed, United Abominations & Endgame......... But that's just me

Although I enjoyed most of Super Collider I have to agree.. despite being good it just doesn't sound much like Megadeth especially after Endgame and Thirteen.

Although I enjoyed most of Super Collider I have to agree.. despite being good it just doesn't sound much like Megadeth especially after Endgame and Thirteen.

Super Collider had some good songs, but again it was more a hard rock sounding album than the usual stuff you'd associate with Mustaine & company, thought myself that Thirteen was & is in the same category as Super Collider, hard rock album with some good songs, next Megadeth album hopefully will be more along the lines of The System Has Failed, United Abominations & 2009's brilliant Endgame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just reminded of RISK. I listened to it recently,and it's one of the sh*ttest albums I own. If anyone wants an original copy of it (not the remaster), you can have it!

seachto7 wrote: »
    Just reminded of RISK. I listened to it recently,and it's one of the sh*ttest albums I own. If anyone wants an original copy of it (not the remaster), you can have it!

You're offering a free copy of Risk?

Thank you, but I'll have to pass

Took these from Megadeth's Official Tumblr page, seems Mustaine and Ellefson are thrashing out ideas for the next album.

tumblr_n74c8zvaii1tdbbf4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n74c8zvaii1tdbbf4o2_500.jpg
    "Dave and I are in the studio this week in California working up some of the new riffs. We’re having fun, just throwing it down and keeping it chill.

These are essentially writing demos at this point so just grinding out the tunes like a metal band should. More to come….”
    -David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Met they guy in Cork a few years ago,really down to earth person.

Megadeth's set from the very first BIG 4 show in 2010 is hands down the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Megadeth's set from the very first BIG 4 show in 2010 is hands down the best.

Sounds dubbed to death.

• Advertisement

Saw this on Sky News earlier, i really hope Dave's mother in law is found safe & well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1351823/megadeth-frontman-help-find-my-mother-in-law

Advertisement