Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foundation search

Options
  • 27-11-2009 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Recently ran out of foundation and looking to try a new brand.
    I have mildly sensitive, quite pale and dry skin but its fairly clear, with some very slight redness so coverage doesn't have to be super heavy, moderate will do. I'd be willing to go up to 30 quid, absolute max.

Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect has caught my insomniac eye, but I don't know if it will live up to the name.

Thanks for any suggestions :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

I usually use Lancome although bought benefit the last time to see what all the hype was about but I'll be going back to Lancome, it much better suits my skin type. I'm pale too and I find the colour choice very good!

Also i heard Emporio Armani do a foundation thats slightly like Lancome so I'm tempted to try that out.

I would recommend Lancome though and its €30 I think, altho it may perhaps be a few extra euro...cant remember!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Your skin sounds quite like mine, I have quite sensitive/dry/pale skin. I find it really difficult to find a shade that looks natural (Clinique and MAC etc just don't produce make-up for pale people, even the palest shades look really obvious). But I find that Loreal Paris Infallible is great. Its not too expensive at about €18 euro, but it lasts all day and has excellent coverage. Ooo and it has SPF15 in it, which is very neat.

Also, hurrah for pale-ness being in fashion again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 navyblue

If you want to splash out on foundation try a Chanel one- their palest colour is fantastic! They've got a good few different kinds but the girls in Arnotts (def not BT) are always willing to test the various ones to help get the one that suits. I can't remember how much it was but it's lasted me for ages so it's well worth the spend even if it is a bit pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i have the same skin as yourself, i use benifet palysticks in jax its very light ans great for dry skin it has green tea & chamomile it in aswell which will help ur skin. its about 35euros but its well worth it. i have tired the Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect i didnt like it it gave me no coverage what so ever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I love Make Up Forever Matt foundation for nights out, you can get it as pale as you need and has great longlasting coverage. During the day i use Bare Essentials pale shade, does the job!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I use Revlon Colorstay, I'm pretty pale and sensitive too and it's very natural, stays on brilliantly and is about 17 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lo_Ha

Thanks everybody, i've a lot of options now.
    I'll be walking around town with patches of all above mentioned foundations from my neck to my forehead soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Bobbi Brown skin, in the palest shade is great! €30ish and lasts ages.

Advertisement