Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brooks adrenaline vs Mizuno Wave Inspire

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

I am a regular wearer of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS series and find then very good. The time has come for new runners and I'm finding the Brooks to be very expensive to buy either in a shop or online. Someone mentioned that the Mizuno Wave Inspire are a similar shoe, and they seem to be €20-40 cheaper. So can anyone who has any experience with these tell me if they are any way similar, or would I be better sticking with the Brooks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

I have worn the Brooks Adrenline for the last 2-3 years, and recently got a pair if Mizuno Wave Inspire. The Adrenline is more suited towards a overpronator where as the Inspire towards a moderate pronator which I am. The reason I wore the Adreline was the toe box size and I have a wide foot. At the time the Revenna suited me better but was pinching me at the small toe. The inspire is just as good in this respect and suits me better. Ran Frankfurt last week no issues.

Just a point to not is there is a sizing difference. My size is Eur 44 which in the Adrenline is a 9 UK and in he inspire is a 9.5 UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pconn062 wrote: »
    I am a regular wearer of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS series and find then very good. The time has come for new runners and I'm finding the Brooks to be very expensive to buy either in a shop or online. Someone mentioned that the Mizuno Wave Inspire are a similar shoe, and they seem to be €20-40 cheaper. So can anyone who has any experience with these tell me if they are any way similar, or would I be better sticking with the Brooks.

You might be seeing the Mizuno on offer, but in the normal scheme there is max €10 between them on RRP.

They are similar in terms of the support they offer to the foot but the fit is different. A lot of people love the narrower fit of the Brooks which wraps up and around the arch area of the foot. Others (me included) like the freedom in the forefoot of the Inspire.

Best to try them on TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

I went through a few editions of the Adrenaline's & loved them all but whilst the 10's seemed nice & light, with each new release they just felt a bit heavier & clunkier. They definitely have a snug feel as AKW mentioned.

I changed to the Inspires over a year ago & I've gone through a few pairs of them since. They definitely feel roomier in the toe box but they're still snug where they need to be. They feel lovely & light when running.

I haven't noticed any difference in terms of the support between either but would happily wear any of them now.

Considering AKW recommended the Inspires to me when I first met him around 4 years ago, it kinda shows he knows what he's on about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

I've been wearing the adrenaline since version 9 and found that with the latest version (15) that I had to go up half a size as they were just too snug.

Advertisement